Originally Posted by Flesh vs. Spirit
But now, I don't want to see any of these people or talk to them. I don't want to be in the same room as them.
And you shouldn't be in the same room with either them OR your husband. You need to separate from him, and when you've done that (this afternoon) separation from them will follow.

I wouldn't normally say this about a man who has only had an affair with one person, but if you stay with him, your husband will be unfaithful to you again. He doesn't think much of the marriage you have given him, and he has used this already to have a long, deep affair. He is now like the alcoholic who previously got drunk only at home, who is now seeking a job in a bar where they serve free drinks to staff. You would not expect an alcoholic to resist in that circumstance and you shouldn't expect your husband to resist the frequent opportunities for affairs if he goes into politics.

He might be determined that that isn't the case, but that isn't the only point. The main think he should be considering if he is serious about rebuilding with you is that you will be hurt every minute of every day that he works in that environment. Your hurt alone would be enough to stop him running for office if he were serious. It isn't stopping him because he isn't serious. In fact, I'd go so far as to guess that he isn't confident that his marriage will last for much longer, and he isn't willing to lose this dream for something he doesn't even believe in.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.