Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
F
[img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>A Definition of Fog

posted May 23, 2002 03:57 PM                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2long's suggested supplement to STL's definition of "fog"<p>"Fog-latin": A language, spoken by WSs. A derivative of the WS's native tongue, but scrambled so as to be completely unintelligible by otherwise intelligent BSs (e.g., "Oolongtay's uggestedsay upplementsay ootay TLSay's effinitionday uhfay "oggfay" - Say what?), or the rest of the known universe in general (including the aliens that taught the dialect to the WS). Not quite gibberish, this variant of the WS' native tongue is all the more insidious than gibberish because it causes the BS to burn thousands of calories of gray matter/day trying to fathom the unfathomable (the gray matter itself becomes replaced by a gray fog of sorts). It shouldn't be perpetrated on a dog.<p>uckfay atthay!

R
R
I remember a couple that I never posted ....<p>H: "Don't you want me to be happy?"<p>and ....<p>H: "We really shouldn't just settle, haven't you ever imagined meeting someone that just knocks your socks off?"<p>and ohhh yeah, this one too ....<p>Me: "Do you love her?"<p>H: "Probably .... at least part of me does."<p>Me <thinking>: "I certainly don't need 3 guesses what "part" of you you're talking about"<p> [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img]<p>[ May 24, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>

S
S
This from the happiest two years of our lives, then the A, WHsays"we should never have gotten married in the first, we married way too fast"
AS the OW is sitting next to me on my couch, (I had suspicions but wasn't sure)my H across from both of us, as she was spending the night in the guest room, we are watching tv, she decides she is hot, and removes the top of her housecoat to reveal her see through nightie, I was shocked and could say nothing! (very small boobs I must say) and when I mentioned this to the WH the next day,he says, "I didn't notice"!
How's that? Kinda duhhhhhhh I think! I must have been in a fog myself to allow that.
I'm sure I have lots more to share when I rememer them, oh ya, once he met the one he's with now, and tried to tell me he is "really in love"...
"It was just a happening" There's some cool words for you!

N
N
i have so many-ill just give you my personal favorite and my answer.<p>wh-its your fault i had the affair! you made me do it.<p>me-yes dear, i unzipped your pants, pulled out your di**, got you hard, and shoved it into her repeatedly!! i can see how this is all my fault. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

nikko:<p>Now, THAT one is hucking filarious!

N
N
i love that one too-i laugh at it now!!!<p>another one of my favs is that not 5 min before he told me about the affair he was trying to convince me to have another baby!!<p>we tried many times previous with a lot of miscarriages. i also have health reasons for not wanting another. i wish i could, but i dont think my body would survive.

T
T
Boy oh boy do I have some good ones.<p>My x-sis-in-law was speaking to her xH, the father of her children, whom she left for a MM 15 years younger than she is.<p>x-sil: it's too hard being married to you because you expect me to be your wife <p>x-sil: we aren't good together, our genes mixed and gave us ugly kids<p>x-sil: he is everything you aren't and he has a cool car<p>x-sil: we connected what can I say cosmic powers dragged us together<p>Can you spell FOG?!?!?!?!?!

J
J
A couple of more come to mind...<p>WW: I hope you find someone who enchants you someday.<p>WW: Are you sure I can't have both of you? [she was saying it in a joking way - I wasn't laughing to say the least.]<p>WW: He's not better than you, just different.<p>WW: I just need 10 years - no, maybe only one - to get this out of my system. [hmm, she's coming up on that mark soon - self-fulfilling prophesy in the works??]<p>WW: I know I could be happy with you - I really do. I just don't know if I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

L
L
Here's my favourite -<p> - "Trust me on this one"<p>and along the same lines -<p> - "You know, none of this threatens you!"<p>Hello-o? Anyone home?<p>Odile

S
S
I have some more:<p>Me: How long have you been unhappy in our marriage?<p>WW: I don't know, I was perfectly happy with our marriage on your B-Day (3-months ago).<p>a few days later<p>WW: Our marriage has been falling apart for over a year.<p>huh..

This one isn't that funny to me at the moment, because I haven't come up with a good comeback (and maybe part of me is thinking she's right [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] )<p>Me: "OM has robbed me and our family of a part of you for the past 11 years!"<p>WW: "Nobody can take someone away from you."<p>It's still a fog statement, but I just don't have the snappy answer to it yet.

W
W
2long - how 'bout this for a response:<p>"Yep, things are a lot more like they are now than they used to be."<p>Sometimes ya gotta fight fire with fire - or fog with fog.<p>WAT

WAT:<p>I LIKE that one. Gonna use it, doncha know.<p>When I was a kid, I got a copy of a saying and hung it on my bedroom wall, that would make good fog-latin if foggy-brained people were actually capable of sentient thought:<p>"I know you believe you understood what you think I said. However, I'm not sure that you realize that what I think you heard is not what I meant."

F
F
Note that WS's typically leave on their desk:<p>I have gone out to look for myself. If I should come back while I am gone, please hold me here until I return.<p> [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]<p>[ May 24, 2002: Message edited by: Faith1 ]</p>

I'm sure we've all heard this one (maybe it's been posted already?):<p>WW: I didn't do this to hurt you.<p>Me (inwardly): Oh, THANK YOU. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR CARING THIS MUCH FOR ME!! (I actually DID think that as a response).<p>On another occasion, after my "Long Walk" in the high desert in late February (a really STUPID long walk), I got this message on my cell phone when we got back home (W had called after trying to find me):<p>WW: "Okay, where the f*** are you, @$$hole!?"<p>Me: (I got the message after we'd gotten home, and said this to her in reply): "I love you too, b****." She actually thought it was funny.<p>I still don't.

oops. dupe.<p>[ May 24, 2002: Message edited by: 2long ]</p>

T
T
Okay...I have to add just one.<p>"I just wanted to have sex, but I had to pick a girl with morals"<p>If this girl has morals...I must be a saint! LOL!

S
S
Here is a reply I like, it's from a silly movie called "The Sandlot" but it's good for any fog like statement.<p>"If you were thinking you wouldn't have thought that."

C
C
2Long,<p>W wrote the very same thing to me in the note she wrote when she left:<p>"You know I still love you and the last thing I ever meant to do was hurt you"<p>Yeah, as if packing up the kids and moving 200 miles away while I was at work, with no warning is the nice thing to do [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 140 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation