Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
A
Inafunk:<p>I'm originally from Delaware -- go Fighting Blue Hens! I moved to central Mississippi when I was in the 6th grade. <p>The two most common responses I got when I told kids here I was from Delaware: 1) What state is that in?, and 2) Isn't that the capital of New Jersey? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>at peace

B
B
Am I the only one in Virginia so far?<p>Funny, I have lived in a lot of places I see people listed... NY, NJ, OK, AZ, IL, MI...

H
H
Jellygirl,<p>Funny, my hubby told me at 1 time OW lived in VA...which is our neighboring state just across the Harry W Nice (Potomac River) Bridge. <p>Come to find out....she lives less than a mile away. Guess they just frequented VA a lot so they would not be recognized.<p>I can't help but cringe every time I hear the VA slogan "VIRGINIA IS FOR LOVERS".... YUK!!!!!
Guess that slogan rings true huh?

R
R
Hey, I don't know how many time we have this kind of thread ... anyway since someone keeping up the score ... I'm at SF BayArea, CA ... San Francisco not SF [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img] .<p>From ???? Eastern Java, Indonesia.<p>-RH-

S
S
Another Mississippi here...almost as far south as you can get....close to the Gulf coast beaches...

I
I
Born in Pennsylvania, but raised in Virginia where my home is. So, Jellygirl, I guess that makes two of us. <p>VIRGINIA IS FOR LOVERS....
Where's the love at? [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p> [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] INTHECLOUDS<p>[ May 23, 2002: Message edited by: INTHECLOUDS320 ]</p>

Longmont, Colorado here! <p>And I have to say... <p>GO AVS!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

B
B
"Show Me State" checking in.......guess ya'll know where the stubborness comes from! He He He [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Mid-Missouri since I was 7. Born in Illinois. Mom from Texas and Dad from Illinois. Dad met mom while stationed in Texas.<p>Hello family in Bay City, Lufkin, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Houston, Victoria, Sweeney, San Antonio, Old Gulf, Matagorda, The Woodlands!!!!!!!<p> [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

B
B
Hurtbuthealing and IntheClouds,<p>I've been over the Nice Bridge. The name makes me laugh. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] Unfortunately the last time I went over it was with the OW who was my best friend. [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] <p>It's really ironic that you mention the Virginia is For Lovers slogan... let's just say I'm closely associated with the people who put it out. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] I so understand your reaction to hearing it.<p>[ May 23, 2002: Message edited by: Jelly Girl ]</p>

I
I
LOL, at peace! What the heck is a Blue Hen anyway?! Who ever came up with that one?<p>As far as Delaware goes, same here...someone always asking...isn't that in Florida? Um, NO...it's the FIRST state. I always wonder what school these people attended.

C
C
BetrayedAgain,<p>Hey I was born in Texas! Mom from San Antonio, Dad from Pittsburgh and they met while he was stationed there in the Air Force.<p>Ihave family in San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Houston and Yorktown.<p>I was born in Fort Sam Houston Medical Center.

U
U
Hey at peace and inafunk. Lots of family ties to Delaware and I can't wait to get back there this summer. My WH thinks I'm nuts to want to vacation in DE when we live in Colorado, but where else am I going to get my fill of blue crabs?

B
B
getting better,<p>Your kidding? My dad was in the Air Force and that's where he was stationed, how he met mom. They married in Bay City in 1945. Cool huh?

E
E
Betrayed Again and getting better,<p>I'm trying not to get too excited here. I was born in San Antonio; Dad was in the Air Force (actually Army Air Corps, WWII). Mom and Dad were married there. Of course, I'm WAY older than you "kids."<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Hello family in Bay City, Lufkin, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Houston, Victoria, Sweeney, San Antonio, Old Gulf, Matagorda, The Woodlands!!!!!!!<p> <hr></blockquote>
Betrayed Again, wow. My ancestors came to Matagorda from England right before the Texas Revolution. Later, they and others built a big hotel in the middle of the Gulf plains and 7 families moved in. The town that grew up there was Bay City. One of the streets in Bay City is named after my grandmother. My grandparents are buried there. I lived in Corpus Christi three different times as a child. My sister was born there. Mom and Dad lived the last twenty years of their lives in Conroe just north of The Woodlands. Small world! I consider myself of South Texas/Gulf Coast girls. Remember the Alamo.<p>Estes

M
M
Hmmmm...guess after 2 1/2 years, I'm still the only MB'er from West Virginia! LOL LOL

D
D
I'm from Australia!!!

T
T
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Spacecase:
<strong><p>Don't get me started Coffee-man! You guys want clean air, no nuclear plants, no new generation, save the whales, foxes, birds, plants, insects, AND you want it all to be cheap and easy...and as long as the energy you need is not made anywhere NEAR you! <p>Sure, some unethical B------s here did the wrong thing, and should be punished, but don't blame all your troubles on us!</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Hey Space Case chill out. You are right and I am sorry if I seemed to brush all Texans for the actions of a few unethical b******* that just happen to be from Texas.<p>I am more angry at ourselves for beign lazy and stupid in puting our blind trust on politicians that seemed to be more interested in getting reelected than serving the citizens of California.<p>So let this be a lesson to all Americans, beware of politicians and large businesses bearing gifts.<p>Joe<p>[ May 24, 2002: Message edited by: TooMuchCoffeeMan ]</p>

TMCM:<p>"So let this be a lesson to all Americans"<p>Don't forget the Texans!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I'd better run, now. They're going to simply SLAY my $orry @$$ for that one!

S
S
I'm from the the MB homebase of the Twin Cities, but presently live in Lund, Sweden; the nation of marital bliss...<p>
Sweden

W
W
IDIOTGUY,
Not from Orlando, I'm on the emerald coast, white beaches, blue-green clear water, not too crowed yet. And yes, there are alligators we keep them as pets in our lake. (not)<p>TRYNHRD,
I grew up outside of Phila & spend many summers in Avalon, Cape May & Ocean City.<p>SUSAN,
Hello from one gulf coast to another.<p>Spent 13 years in the DFW area of Texas<p>I'm near Valley Fodrge PA for a few weeks this summer at my Moms. Anyone else out there?
[img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 203 guests, and 76 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation