Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
This is a 2 page document I wrote with Basic MB Forum Editing instructions. It is in .pdf format (Adobe Acrobat Reader) and covers Quotes, Bold and Italics.<p>Hope this is helpful. You can click on it and it'll open a new window, launch Adobe Acrobat and open the document, or you can right-click on it and save it to your PC to open it later.<p>Basic MB Post Editing<p>OK, 2L, you can stop laughing now, I KNOW I'm anal about this stuff!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]<p>[ June 22, 2002: Message edited by: Spacecase ]</p>

J
J
That's very helpful!! Thanks for posting this info.<p>Here's a related question that I'll bet you can answer - how the heck do I get the little instant gremlins to appear where I want them? They often end up in places I didn't put them, like at the very end of my post, and not where I thought they were going in the middle. <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Spacecase:
<strong>This is a 2 page document I wrote with Basic MB Forum Editing instructions. It is in .pdf format (Adobe Acrobat Reader) and covers Quotes, Bold and Italics.<p>Hope this is helpful. You can click on it and it'll open a new window, launch Adobe Acrobat and open the document, or you can right-click on it and save it to your PC to open it later.<p>Basic MB Post Editing<p>OK, 2L, you can stop laughing now, I KNOW I'm anal about this stuff!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>[ June 22, 2002: Message edited by: Spacecase ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

S
OP Offline
S
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jen Brown:
<strong>That's very helpful!! Thanks for posting this info.<p>Here's a related question that I'll bet you can answer - how the heck do I get the little instant gremlins to appear where I want them? They often end up in places I didn't put them, like at the very end of my post, and not where I thought they were going in the middle. </strong><hr></blockquote><p>JB;
For some unknown reason, the "gremlins" are always inserted at the end of the text, and not where your cursor is. So when you click on one, go to the end of the post, select the gremlin text, cut it, and paste it where you want it.

C
C
Ok Space, <p>I'll see if I can do this now!! Great instructions sheet by the way!!

C
C
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Spacecase:This is CSue testing her ability to follow Space's instructions. Won't know if it works until I click on Add Reply. The pressure is on!!<p><strong>This is a 2 page document I wrote with Basic MB Forum Editing instructions. It is in .pdf format (Adobe Acrobat Reader) and covers Quotes, Bold and Italics.<p>Hope this is helpful. You can click on it and it'll open a new window, launch Adobe Acrobat and open the document, or you can right-click on it and save it to your PC to open it later.<p>Basic MB Post Editing<p>OK, 2L, you can stop laughing now, I KNOW I'm anal about this stuff!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>[ June 22, 2002: Message edited by: Spacecase ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

C
C
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CSue:
<strong>Hmmmm....Don't think that worked. I'll try bolding stuff now....Yikes CSue</strong><hr></blockquote>

C
C
Well, I've done something here...Bolded and quoted and not quite sure how!! <p>This serves as a nice practice thread to perfect skills; so as not to drive other MBers crazy...just us LEARNING.....shall I try a gremlin??? [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]

C
C
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>CSue:
[/QB]More practice.....please feel free to ignore the text of this post as I practice on my MB computer skills<hr></blockquote>

C
C
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CSue:
Now trying to get the extra QB out of there. Let's see if this works!![/QB]<hr></blockquote>

C
C
More practice is needed. Hopefully my embarrassment will be less since my gremlin had on "shades"! I'm hoping you won't recognize me.

C
C
Now if I understand this correctly this should look exactly the way I want it to!!! <hr></blockquote><p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Now I'm getting brave; was going to say bold but didn't want to confuse myself!!<hr></blockquote><p>Ok here goes.....

C
C
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CSue:<p>Ok here goes.....<hr></blockquote><p>
Well now....I believe I'm ready to return with dignity to the real posting world!!
CSue

W
W
S;pacecase,<p>Thanks for the info, I think I am beginning to get this !!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>There are runtime errors when I use UUB codes and instant gremlins ???? and debugger doesn't do it so I just hit no, don't debug. Anything else I could do?<p>Yea !!! I put the instant gremlin other than at the end !!!!<p>Small things mean a lot - I feel like I accomplished something today !!
D.

W
W
Spacecase,<p>How do you put links in to other posts like you have on your signature ?<p>Thanks, <p>D.

S
OP Offline
S
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by WillGetThruThis:
<strong>Spacecase,<p>How do you put links in to other posts like you have on your signature ?<p>Thanks, <p>D.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Normally, you'd hit the "URL" button in "Instant UBB Code", which opens a small window where you paster the url (http://abc.com), hit OK and then another window pops up for you to write the description (ABC link), then hit OK, and it inserts the code into the editing window.<p>But if you are getting the runtime errors when you use any of the "Instant UBB Code" then the best way is to copy the url from the browser, paste it into the editing window, and write a description above it. Like this:<p>ABC Link:
http://abc.com<p>That will work just the same; the url will automatically become a link.<p>Now I would try to fix the runtime errors you're getting, though, since this probably happens to you at many sites. First stop; Microsoft Update if you use IE.

Windows Update<p>There you'll find all the free updates to your browser (mostly security updates, which are good) and perhaps just upgrade to the latest version (IE 6.x). The runtime errors are typically errors running Java code. You can also get there by clicking on "Tools", then "Windows Update" in IE.<p>Hope this helps.

S
OP Offline
S
There's also good info on gremlins and a lot of other "technical stuff" at <p>MB FAQs

S
OP Offline
S
Here's a .pdf document with the commands to create MB Gremlins (or smilies)<p>MB Gremlins<p>Same as before: you can right-click on it and hit "save target as" to save it and view/print it later, or you can click on it to open it right away.

J
J
You guys do realize that when you post a question on this thread that SC answers, your credit card and personal information are automatically transmitted to his billing network, and you are charged $24.95 per question right?<p>CSue, your posts will only be charged $14.95 per post for SC observing your progress.<p>JUST KIDDING<p>Thanks SC,<p>E

C
C
Just........I KNEW Space had to be getting something out of this!!!!!! It can't be that he's just a nice guy! I think his motive is that we drive him crazy by posting the way we have...He said something to 2long about being anal about it...but I'm staying away from any anal conversations!! heheheheh CSue

S
OP Offline
S
Ok, Ok, you found me out...guilty as charged...I promise I'll stop, I'll even write a No Charge Letter! Please give me another chance...I don't know what came over me! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Actually...I love teaching, training, and I DO enjoy helping out when I can...and I AM a nice guy. Just ask my wife! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>PS; If she only knew I'm using her website to post the documents, she'd probably freak! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]
On the other hand, I DO keep it running for her...<p>[ June 23, 2002: Message edited by: Spacecase ]</p>

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090
71,845 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation