Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
R
You have to tell! Otherwise you really don't have a marriage anyway. And having been screwed over by my best friend i can still honestly say the truth is way better than the deceit. Even if my husband up and leaves me, at least I'll know what I have in my life is real. No one wants a life that isn't real and could you imagine the pain that will occur if after years of deceit the truth finally comes out? Take him away for the week. Spend a few days showing how much you care for him. Start talking, tell me you have something important to tell him but you don't want it it to ruin your marriage. Tell him all you have been doing for him has been real and an expression of your true feelings for him. Then tell him. Tell him it's over(the affair) and you are so sorry that you didn't even want to tell him, that you were willing to live with the pain of holding it inside of you to spare him the pain,but you realize he deserves the truth then cry like a baby and beg his forgiveness. Tell him you'll go to marriage counseling and do what ever it takes to keep your marriage together. If he leaves he may come back, if he does you can really work on a real marriage. And who knows he may have a deep dark secret of his own to tell that he has been holding onto so he doesn't hurt you....

F
OP Offline
F
rebeccarachel,

thanks for your reply/support. I know you are right. I want to tell him very much. I want to be able to be 100% honest and open with him. I do not want to keep him in a position where he could find out later on his own and have the additional hurt dumped on him that would cause. I am glad I did not tell him yesterday, I was not really prepared enough yet. And this is too important for me to do poorly. Getting support from all of you that have gone thru this, seeing it thru your eyes helps me immensly. This is why I keep coming back here. And this is why I know I will find the strength to tell him and to support him as he comes to terms with it all, and if he still wants our marriage to continue, I am confident I will be able to get it right this time. About 17yrs too late, but better late than never. thanks again.

C
C

<small>[ March 10, 2004, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: chris37 ]</small>

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation