Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1313591 02/28/05 07:45 PM
T
T
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> May I ask you a question - has she always been like this or or did it start with the alien abduction? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's what I'm curious about too. How could she have fooled you all these years that she was at all a committed, sane, and caring wife and mother? Was it gradual, or just with the A. Has she lead a secret second life most of your marriage but then got to the point where she just couldn't keep up a charade of being a nice wife anymore? Her behavior seems so over the top in selfish rudeness and lack of care for anyone but herself.

Unless there is some miracle, I would guess you are better off without her in your life...I know you have the kids to consider and you'd love for a miracle to heal her and your marriage. She seems so clueless.

#1313592 02/28/05 07:48 PM
J
J
Hi Tom Joad,

Is this a boys only thread or can I jump on?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> She wanted back into my life. She said she'd do whatever it took. But it was just a bunch of words. She just says what she wants and then does nothing. I guess she thinks it will just magically happen without any committment or participation from her.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My H does this same thing!! When I actually get to hear about his ENs, which is when I recorded a conversation in his car and our last round of MC (the previous rounds he was present, but mainly non-participating and/or denying all probs),,, I have tried hard to meet HIS needs!! I have tried to explain my needs all throughout our relationship (in good and bad ways, talking, begging, AOs, nagging, begging..) and MY ENs seem to OFTEN fall on the back burner - if they don't fall behind the stove entirely and get eaten by the mice or grow fungus- !!

HOW LONG do our spouses expect us to live on empty??

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">She claims no contact but I found something that leads me to believe she did try to contact him on Valentines Day. She denies it. Says she did think about him, (which I honestly appreciated - just wish she would have told me the whole truth) </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So sorry, but you can't have it both ways..I have actually told my H (before his suspected A), that my needs were being so totally ignored that I came this [] close to having an A, but realized it woukd be BIG mistake. I know that this hurt him (and maybe on some level I wanted to and get his attention) but I HAD to tell him, or the NEXT time... well, not yet, anyway..

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> She hasn't opened herself up to me, or let me check anything. So there really is no way for me to verify anything. She keeps everything secret. Which makes me very uncomfortable.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, my H is the same way and he "forgets" alot too. If I push and finally get an answer, he jsut didn't already tell me because he forgot !! Or didn't think that it was important, even if I had asked him specifically about something..

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> I thought we were starting some kind of recovery plan. The only problem was I was the only one doing anything. She was all talk. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I AM the talker, but I guess I AM the one walking recovery alone also. This leaves me in limbo-land all the time, also.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> I am working on myself. Everyday. And it feels good, I feel good. I really look forward to being in a real partnership with someone in the future. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Keep up the GREAT work. I try to read your posts. And you are doing an amazing job! Caren could take some pointers from you, but don't tell her that I was talking about her!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">MY STBX apparently isn't ready to be in that kind of M. I have moved on, I've learned, I've changed. I can't change her and I won't live like I did before. So where does that leave me?

I think daily that I should just get the DV over with. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Whoever said don't rush is 100% CORRECT, that optin will still be an option tomorrow!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> If I counted all the things she said she'd do and didn't. I'd run out of fingers and toes. The extent of her participation is "I want" a better M. "I want" to be happy. "I want" to make you happy. "I want" you to trust me.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, EXACT same thing here. "I'll do anything", "I just want you to be happy". WORDS (from my H's mouth also). And to his credit, he meets some of my ENs, just not my TOP ones. And then he tries to fill ones that I never claimed to have needed in place of ones that I do need. Tourniquet on the wrong limb, die from loss of blood regardless of "intentions"...

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> The only problem is that is all there is. She won't do anything. I point this out to her and say Instead of saying what you want, how about saying what you will do to get what you want.

What you have + Work = what you want. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Here, Here!! DOES sound like a child!!!

Glad you are feeling better. That dream/nightmare thing can be horrendous. On the other hand, I used to have dreams of "mystery man" that was perfect!! Loved to go to sleep then. I'll have to remember what kind of alcohol brought that one on!

{(TJ)} - timid girly hug from
jls

#1313593 02/28/05 09:41 PM
C
C
Tom -

Yes, we are to be married "for better or worse" but God does allow divorce in the case of adultery - and I think abuse as well. She was emotionally abusing you, still is IMHO, please don't let her do that to you.

She isn't willing to change right now and may never change. Don't let her manipulate you anymore - don't let her bring you down with her.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 672 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation