Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
L
Where are the folks who "knew" that God's will would prevail and I wouldn't be divorced?

CXH,

I spent the first several months of my now XH's A trying to figure out just when God was going to step in and save my M because I know he hates divorce. I know he CAN do anything. Granted, I am DV because I filed--not because my XH filed. But I filed because at the end of his first year in his A, he was living with the OW, rarely even speaking to me, and when he did it was often a financial or other threat. He wasn't exactly fence-sitting. I saw little hope of his returning, so I cut him loose.

I don't blame God. I know God could have saved my marriage. He chose not to, for whatever reason. And as I move forward, and my life is more peaceful than it was when I was M, and I am able to be closer to Him (though I still have a long way to go and need to rearrange some more priorities), there have strangely been many blessings that have come out of this tragic situation. I have to believe that THAT is God's will for me--to grow in other ways.

I don't know anything about the M you had. I DO understand your statement that your love is not gone. Neither is mine for my XH. I still miss the daylights out of him sometimes. I still can't spend time reminscing about the past or I break down in tears. When I do talk to him on occasion, I still find myself asking about things in his life and sharing my suggestions, just like I always did when we were married. (In fact, I'm getting teary-eyed typing this).

I wish sometimes that I could wake up and just not care about him anymore. I don't see that happening after 2 decades spent with him. I imagine you will feel things for your XW for years--maybe always.

But you can also have a good life despite what happened. It will just be different than you anticipated originally.

Take advantage of each minute you get to spend with your daughter. Granted, I got custody of my kids--but my son left for college right before my DV was final, so I felt I lost a H and a son all within a couple months. But my relationship with both kids has greatly grown since I separated, because instead of walking on eggshells all the time trying to keep the peace with my husband and often ignoring them in the process, I can now concentrate fully on them. I've gotten to know them a lot better in the last year.

As for dating--each time I think of that I get this panic feeling. I think it's a combined fear of not being able to please someone else, of being rejected, and strangely enough, of being unfaithful to my XH. So while this life can be darned lonely, especially at night when the only company I have is my dogs and I long to have someone hold me and love me, I don't think I'm ready to jump into anything new yet. But I've only been DV for 5 months.

Take your time moving into a new relationship. Like people have told me over and over--find yourself first.

You will be okay. Hold on to your faith. It's what has gotten me through.

D
D
This is the best advice I think you could give and just wanted to highlight this optimistic Christian view.

I don't know your situation, but if you two are on friendly terms - there is no reason to stop courting her.. Nearly one-fifth of all people that get a divorce end up remarrying each other.. You just never know.. If you're on good terms - especially if you have kids - keep the love for her in your heart.. Work on your life and keep God ever present.. Maybe 6 months from now, maybe 1 year, maybe longer - if you are the man you should be, and you continue to not LB her but build up the deposits in her love bank - then she might be hard pressed to not find you at some point irresistable !! Again, I don't know your situation or the terms you are both on, but there is ALWAYS hope.

And don't forget - there are many many many people out there and here that do and can care for you a great deal. Be a good man - the man you are supposed to be - in your eyes, in Gods eyes - and in your Xs eyes. Stay strong brother.. You will live a good life regardless.. Take care and let us know what's going on.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 695 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation