Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
OP Offline
G
MissingMyHubby, my wife claims she doesn't know how she got genital warts. I work in the infectious disease field, so I know how she got it. There is less than a five percent chance that it came from an unknown source. Most experts believe this percent actually reflect people not telling the truth when questioned.

It's hard to not divorce my wife knowing this, but I think if she was truly committed to saving our marriage, I would most likely do it. That's what's held me up from filing the papers and going through with suing the OM. I don't want to burn any bridges that might lead to saving my marriage. I need to get over this and start moving forward.

B
B
GTO - I have confirmed...Ohio does not recognize alienation of affection suits (abolished many years ago) and it is also extremely hard to recover for intentional infliction of emotional distress. Assault may fly against the person who actually transmitted the STD (your WW), but not against the person who gave it to them (OM).

Regards,

BB

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks BB, I think I knew about the "alienation of affection", but I was still curious about the intentional infliction of emotional distress. I know WW spoke to OM prior to talking to me, she admitted it, she said she thought I was cheating on her. LOL

Also, OM made a verbal committment to me that he would not have contact with my wife again and broke that a few times.

I'm not even sure I want to do this, but I am sure that I'd like to see if it's possible.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation