Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
D
PS

Since real mom sees em 8 times a year, and you don't want them...from their perspective - they have no mother.

How sad.

Every child needs a mother. I bet they would love for you to be their mother and love them unconditionally.

Why are you letting a dead beat mom decide how you love YOUR (yes YOUR) children. You are the custodial parent.

Dorry (aka Deeplysorry)
me FWW - EA/PA fall of 2004
FWH EA/PA late spring 2005
Got our acts together July 2005 and started recovery.

The Recovery Guide for WW's (Wayward Wives)
Dorry's Story

[color:"blue"]Excuses are easy...change is hard....[/color]
F
F
I am their SM but their REAL mom lives down the street.(Real mom does live down the street and rarely visits w/ them. No more than 8 times/yr.) I feel like an outsider who does all the hard work.

dkjjhkr - I hear the struggles you are facing and it would be very easy to "pick on you" for those feelings you express. However, you ARE human and you need to understand your priorities, which you apparantly do not. I say that because you CLAIM to be a Christian, so I will speak to you AS a brother in Christ, not as an unbeliever.

You seem to have a rather poor concept, or poor understanding, of God and your "role" as a Christian child of God. So the "number one" area you need to address is your relationship with God and what it means to be "humbly follow God."

Let's look for a minute at the above quotation and modify it a bit to illustrate what I'm trying to say to you:

I am their StepFather but their REAL Father lives down on Earth.(Real father does live down the street and rarely visits w/ them. No more than 8 times/yr.) I feel like an outsider who does all the hard work. Signed, God the Father of all my "stepchildren".

dkjjhkr, do you want to talk about what it MEANS to be a Christian and HOW to be a Christian in more than just claiming to be a Christian? Without God FIRST in YOUR personal life, you are going to continually have these struggles.

Also, while YOU have claimed to be a Christian, is your husband also a Christian, or did you marry "unevenly yoked?"

God bless.

F
F
?

Still around? No post from you since 11/30.

L
L
I will never allow my kids to be hurt by anyone

There's an old quote "There are none so blind as those who refuse to see", if you think that YOU are not hurting YOUR kids right now then you are saddely mistaken. Watching your impartial treatment of his wretched children is causing your children harm. You are doing that. You are inflicting damage upon your own flesh.

"""I am trying really hard, but the feelings just are not there and I am not sure they ever will be."""

You are correct, if you choose not to love them as your own, those feeling will never be there. To love or withhold love is your choice, it can be a cruel malicious one, but its yours.

Hugz, Thoughtz, & Prayerz

Bill
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 665 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation