Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
R
Hi,

I confronted the OW early on im my H's affair with her. She did not give a ****** that she had hurt me. As far as she was concerned, the opportunity was there so she took it. She even had the gall to tell me that she knew how I felt because it had happened to her. Even though the affair continued for many months after I confronted her (unknown to me of course), and I have wanted to confront her again, I realise that there is nothing to be gained by it. When my husband ended his affair with her, she rang me to fill me in on all the gory details (he had told me everything the night before). She told me things that did not match what my husband had told me and I came to the conclusion that it was probably best not to take anything she said as gospel.
she had lost her meal ticket and the supposed love of her life, so she was willing to tell me anything to make me dump him. OW's are bitter peple and should never be trusted, don't believe a thing they say. If you have decided to believe what your WS has told you, dont let the OP confuse you.
Reewil.

Me 39 WH 40 Married 21 years 2 daughters 18 & 21 Affair began Sept 2003 Affair ended Aug 2004 (found out about affair continuing 3 times in this period). In recovery, doing well (most of the time).
W
W
She told me things that did not match what my husband had told me and I came to the conclusion that it was probably best not to take anything she said as gospel.

This is wise and very necessary. Once the OW has lost what she wanted, she will often turn vindictive to hurt both the BW and the WH.

My guess is that OW is hurting and wants to make sure that she doesn't suffer alone.

Who

I am the BW,
He is the FWH
D-Day: 12/02/03

Recovered
M
M
For us, H's NC letter to OW stopped a lot of unwanted and unneeded contact, even in the face of an OC. OW mailed me an "apology" after she received it which was mean-spirited and full of darts meant to make waves in my recovery with H.

Don't contact OW; let your recovery and future (and her miserable future) speak for themselves about who was wronged - living well is the best revenge. She can play her victim story to somebody else, you and your H don't need to hear it.

MSA

BW 43 me
FWH 39
M 1992; DD 18. 13
OC 8-05 - no contact
In recovery 8 years
F
F
Whome,

Guess my situation wasn't that different from yours. My husband's situation finally has been resolved. He was asked kindly to leave. I guess the decision was made for him. My pleading for him to leave didn't do any good.

Now he thinks this is best for us, the marriage, even though it may mean a pay cut. Why couldn't he have thought this months ago? All the hurt we went thru because of this. At least now I'll know she'll finally be out of the picture. Yes, it does make me wonder, what the WS' think!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation