Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
OP Offline
M
believer,
Yes I do think more on the line of a "Christian Mid-life crisis". If you could hear him talk. He is angry with the church that it is too lukewarm not doing enough for people.
He remembers things like a woman that came to the church for help when her husband walked out and she couldn't pay the light bill. She was a member and had paid her tithe there. My H and I stepped in and paid her bill when the church would not. We remember when seeing people in town and saying "Haven't seen your lately at church?" and they replied "haven't been there in six months and no one has called or cared". These are the hurts he has against the church. Our youngest son, now 19, had tremendous hurts and from the youth pastors own son.It was constant ridicule and put down..for years..My son kept coming to church. At age 16-17 he would sit in the balcony by himself. He was approached and told he needed to sit downstairs with the "youth group". He quit coming. I can see the hurt but don't have an answer. I try to forgive and forget. I try to focus on getting over it all and not dwell on it. I know my H is right about somethings. But other things he is so far out there, that I can't even begin to reach him.

I am so afraid it is over, really over.

Last edited by manipulated100x; 01/30/06 06:28 PM.
M
OP Offline
M
believer,
I forgot to ask, what is your status now. You said your husband "was" way out there. What happened exactly?

manipulated
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation