Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
L
pamlico, My mom was a SAHM who got overly involved at church to the point where I now believe, looking back, that she was having an EA with the minister. She neglected us for her church duties, and this was a mainstream church, not a cult. In fact, I developed a resentment for the church because of this. Having a policy, like Low Orbit's church, sounds like a good idea! Your situation is much worse because this preacher is promoting himself in a cult-like way. Can you get help from a Christian counselor with first hand experience dealing with cults?

manipulated, Please try to see your H's behavior for what it is and not as a reflection on you or your ability to compete for his attention with a bunch of children. As others have said, his behavior sounds like pedophilia, even if it hasn't yet have crossed the line physically. No one is that interested in other people's children at the expense of his family, his career, and his reputation! And his interest isn't in all children, it's in 6th - 8th grade girls. Pedophiles tend to be pretty specific about sex and age group. Maybe you could call a child abuse hotline (anonymously) and ask for resources.

FBS, D'day 12/00 * NC since 5/02 * divorce final 5/06 * property settlement 9/06 What you can do or think you can do, begin it. For boldness has Magic, Power, and Genius in it. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
N
N
pamlico,

From 2 John Chapter 1:

7Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. 11Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.

John is referring to false prophets. Acknowledgement that they are out there.

I DO NOT want to start an argument about which is which, as that really doesn't have bearing on this.

I DO want to point out that the "guilt by association" thing goes a LONG way back. You should present your case to your spouse in this way. That you are looking out for the family and concerned for the spiritual message, as you do not want to be lumped in with a wrongful prophet.

Kind of hard to argue with you when you have the best interests of the family at heart. (Which it sounds like you do).

If you are given the "oh, everythings fine, I just KNOW" line, well pull out 1 John. Talks about testing the spirits. (Not tempting God, or even testing Him). Testing the spirits is checking that what you hear in church is indeed backed up by the Bible.

Nothing wrong with checking to make sure our preacher's have their facts straight. In fact, we are supposed to. Most "good" preachers I have know appreciated when I would bring up "holes" in their sermons. (In private, of course). If this guy gets all "how dare you, I am the preacher" well I would answer "Then what have you got to fear."

NCW

M
M
worthatry & letstry

My H is not a pedophile. He is never alone with "a" child. He is always with groups of children. Yes, his behavior seems odd to say the least. But most of us do not have a calling on our lives to devote time to children. We all seem to tolerate them more than take time. Look around your neighborhood and see how many kids need attention and someone to talk to. As far as the age group, this is the age he said you have got to reach them and turn them around. This is so true, middle school age is the worse peer pressure age.

However, I feel he has dropped safe boundaries. Satan will set you up and he doesn't care how long it takes. My H doesn't seem to hear anyone. He says God has called him to do this. He said how can anyone tell him what God told him to do or not do.

I believe this is a cult like mentality. Just as pamelico wife is involved in. It can seem so "christian like" but be somewhat distorted. I feel pamelico needs to take the lead as the shepherd of his home. I wish I could say the same for my H. He use to be the pastor. "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord". That is framed by our front entrance. Sad..

manipulated
L
L
manipulated, I was going to quote from a page I found on the internet written by a male pedophile, but I'm afraid it would be painful for some here to read so I'm giving you the link here. I would highly recommend you do some research on this subject...

FBS, D'day 12/00 * NC since 5/02 * divorce final 5/06 * property settlement 9/06 What you can do or think you can do, begin it. For boldness has Magic, Power, and Genius in it. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
W
W
He says God has called him to do this. He said how can anyone tell him what God told him to do or not do.
Yep, just like all those Priests.

He might not be a pedophile.

If not, he's a LOT closer than normal people.

But most of us do not have a calling on our lives to devote time to children. We all seem to tolerate them more than take time. Look around your neighborhood and see how many kids need attention and someone to talk to.

Now YOU'RE rationalizing. Your statement doesn't describe all the normal people I know.

I think you have a LOT of reason to be concerned about your H's behavior. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. But MY concern for children is what's driving MY statements here by MY God.

He use to be the pastor.
So were all those Priests.

WAT

F
F
This past sunday night I found out that my wife was going back out there, then she pretty much told me if i made her choose between that church and me then she would choose the church.

pamlico - sorry for being so late to your thread. I just noticed it.

Since you have not responded to the other posters in the past month, I'm going to assume you are no longer here.

On the chance that you might be reading and not posting, let me simply ask you a question. I'll wait for your response before offering anything more.

Since God, not the preacher, has established Marriage and the Roles of Husbands and Wives, isn't it to GOD who we turn and God who we "humbly obey," no matter what our "feelings" might be? As Paul had to "confront" Peter and the church in Jerusalem....WORKS don't "work."

I'll stand by and wait for you to reengage conversation now.

God bless.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 790 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation