Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
P
I hope you and the kids are doing well MM and I will pray for you.

I will ask, though. How do you maintain your composure during such madness? Is it a simple choice? Is there more to it? I really want to know for my own personal use.

thanks.

pat

S
S
MM...You're in thoughts and prayers Brother...

remember my old saying??

The silence after teh shelling is not because they're tired or out of ammunition, it is because they're reloading!!

Stay the course...

take down my e-mail address...it will be removed later..

E-mail gone

anything I can help with, you let me know....

Last edited by Send me on my way; 06/01/06 04:35 PM.

Me BS - 44
FWW- 42
EA for 4 years with fellow employee
became PA in Jan 04 - I knew of this one.
Seperated/ Divorced July 03
2 sons 14 & 12
D Day -6/26/04- PA in 1998 for about 1 year- I had NO idea.
recovery and reconciliation began 6/27/04

Remarried 2/18/06

My story?? Click below.

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=129980&Number=1575914
S
S
Add me to the list of people praying for you and your family, MM.

I don't live in the area you do. I used to, but still travel there frequently on business and am familiar with the real estate. I don't know what your situation is on finding a place or which school district you need to be in, but have some connections.

If my husband and I can be of any help, please e-mail. mbarretdaw@aol.com

Take care,
Shellybird

B
B
MM,

This is my offer to help in any way I can - just hollar out to me: legalbeagle86@hotmail.com

Regards,

BB

S
S
MM,

You can add me to your list of Prayer Warriors for you and your kids. If you need anything from this side just yell.

S&C

No man likes to have his intelligence or good faith questioned, especially if he has doubts about it himself. - Henry Brooks Adams
M
OP Offline
M
My prayers will be with you and the kids too. I know how much they suffer... even if they can't express it. You are very brave, and an example to all of us here. God Bless you! He is with you, you can be sure of that.

Thanks, CC. For all of the folks here that are praying...I do feel it. For those that know what I am talking about...then you know what that feeling is like.

Again, thanks.

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...
4 kids (19(B), 17(G), 14(B), 4(B))
Blessed by God more than I deserve
"If Jesus is your co-pilot...you need to change seats!"

Link: The Roles of Husbands and Wives
H
H
MM, my thoughts and prayers are with you. You've helped so many of us here that I'm sure you will get a tremendous amount of support through this.

With all the crap you have had to deal with over the past 4 years, I figure you're due for some good times ahead. Keep you chin up may Gob bless.

HTW

Married 10 years, Legally Seperated Aug 2,2006
1 year of Plan A followed by 1 year of Plan B...
...now stepping towards recovery?????
BH 37(me), WW 35, DB 7 & DD 5
My Story
My struggle with an EA
M
OP Offline
M
I hope you and the kids are doing well MM and I will pray for you.

I will ask, though. How do you maintain your composure during such madness? Is it a simple choice? Is there more to it? I really want to know for my own personal use.

thanks.

pat

Pat,

Not an easy answer to this. Part of it is military training...teaching you not to "think," but to go with what you know and how you have been trained. Part of it is the Lord. Just knowing His peace and knowing that NOTHING can happen to me today that He didnt allow. And since He loves me, then I can trust that whatever omes my way will be for my good.

I think that knowing the truth about all of this is probably the biggest help. The truth about God, about who I am, about the MB principles, etc. Too many people walk thru life living in the grey areas. And then when there is a crisis, they dont know what to do...or get freaked out. But when you know the difference between right and wrong...then you know what you must do. As Just Learning told me many times...at the end of the day, after you have weighed it all, the right answer invariably will present itself.

I really have come to trust the Lord to open and close doors for me. My pastor has taught me that the biggest problem with Christians in crises is that they get bogged down in wondering what they should do. What is the right answer? What he taught me was that if I pray, and study and ask questions of Godly people, then when I get enough information to make a decision, He will make sure I make the right one. How? Well, if I thru all of that still make the wrong decision, then by my prayer of saying "Your will be done," then I know He will put up a wall in the direction I am headed. if it is the right answer, though...He will open the door.

So, without getting too "preachy," I would say that it all comes down to who do I trust. sure, inside...Satan is tempting me with all of the "what-ifs." I was woken up twice last night, with doubts, and fears, etc. I know that Jesus also was tempted...also told the "what-ifs." I know he felt this anguish. And He said "Father please let this cup pass from me." I dont like this, dont want this, dont prefer this. But then He went on to say "nevertheless, Your will be done."

Just like every other BS on here, I dont want this. I dont want this fear, or pain. Satan has invaded my home for four years. He will no longer be allowed in my home from this moment forward. As for me and my house, we will follow the Lord.

Well, I said I wouldnt get preachy but did. I just know that without Jesus, I would have long ago done something stupid. Many things stupid! Instead, my wife (and Satan) continue to be frustrated at the gains that continue to be made. She doesnt have a clue right now how bad she has made things for herself.

I am just a soldier. I take orders, I follow orders. And I leave the rest up to HQ. And after the war is over, it will be time to cry and bury our "dead."

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...

M
OP Offline
M
MM...You're in thoughts and prayers Brother...

remember my old saying??

The silence after teh shelling is not because they're tired or out of ammunition, it is because they're reloading!!

Stay the course...

take down my e-mail address...it will be removed later..

XXXX
anything I can help with, you let me know....

Thanks. You can email me at Mortar29@Yahoo.com and I will put your email addy in my file there, if you can.

And on your comment about the arty...it is so true. But, what the "enemy" doesnt understand is that I believe in strength thru superior firepower! And I am packing a whole lot more punch than she is! As I am typing, fire missions are already in progress. Shock and Awe during the Iraq War will be nothing compared to what is about to happen here in Virginia!

As the crest of my unit says: "Ever Forward!"

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...

M
OP Offline
M
Add me to the list of people praying for you and your family, MM.

I don't live in the area you do. I used to, but still travel there frequently on business and am familiar with the real estate. I don't know what your situation is on finding a place or which school district you need to be in, but have some connections.

If my husband and I can be of any help, please e-mail. mbarretdaw@aol.com

Take care,
Shellybird

Thanks Shelly. I will bring up my problems with the housing situation later tonight. I have to go in a minute to clear out my stuff (or whatever little she left there).

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...

M
OP Offline
M
MM,

This is my offer to help in any way I can - just hollar out to me: legalbeagle86@hotmail.com

Regards,

BB

Thanks Brit...I will be in touch.

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...

M
OP Offline
M
MM,

You can add me to your list of Prayer Warriors for you and your kids. If you need anything from this side just yell.

S&C

S&C,

Thanks. Satan has a very tight hold on my wife. At this point, many prayers need to be said for her, as well as my kids. She has no idea the pain coming her way. God is not pleased, as He told me recently to let the unbeliever go. Hebrews 10 outlines just a small taste of what is instore for her. And while I still do love her, I thank God that I am not the one in trouble. Cause Daddy is home and He is looking for His belt.

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...

M
OP Offline
M
MM, my thoughts and prayers are with you. You've helped so many of us here that I'm sure you will get a tremendous amount of support through this.

With all the crap you have had to deal with over the past 4 years, I figure you're due for some good times ahead. Keep you chin up may Gob bless.

HTW

Thanks. I have no doubt that this is the beginning of the end of this mess. One way or the other. I am happy already that the end is near, even though I still dont know what that looks like.

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...

P
P
soldier on !

prayers for you, kids, and WW who is so very lost

Pep

M
OP Offline
M
soldier on !

prayers for you, kids, and WW who is so very lost

Pep

She is isnt she? I dont understand. She was so different. At times, she has shown her old self. But always, to crawl back inside the ugly alien. Why? I am not sure. But I know that she wont be allowed to continue anymore. She has reached the end of her rope.

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...

H
H
MM -

Your calm and assurance is amazing. I understand where (Who) you get it from, but it still amazes me.

I will keep you and your kids (and your WW) in my prayers.

Formerly known as brokenbird

BH (Me) - 38
WW (Magpie) - 31
Married 2001 (Together 8 years)
DS - 13
DD - 5
EA/PA - 9/05-12/05
D-Day - 11/05

Second separation. Working on me.

If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you.
John 15:7 (NIV)
B
bjs Offline
B
Mortarman:

My prayers for you, you wife but especially your kids. My heart breaks for them. However they are very Blessed to have a father who will fight for them, and show them that even though the battle is hard, what is truly worth fighting for. Many kids these days don't even have one parent that is willing to battle for their kids.

I'm sorry you have had to go through this battle. I do believe you have reached many through this battle and have shown what having Faith is about. You have even admitted to mistakes in how you have handled some things and have taken much heat from several of us. You take what is said to you with Grace, evaluate and change if you are guided to. You have been a leader in your family as God has called you to lead. You even gave up a career that meant so much to you, for your family, that speaks volumes about the type of man you are and what you are willing to do for those who you love.

With God in control HIS will will be done.

Here is a song from Aaron Shust that came to my mind when I read your post;
I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at his right hand
Stands one who is my savior

I take him at his word and deed
Christ died to save me this I read
And in my heart I find a need
For him to be my savior

That he would leave his place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my savior

My savior loves, my savior lives
My savior's always there for me
My God he was, my God he is
My God he's always gonna be

Yes, living, dying; let me bring
My strength, my solace from this spring
That he who lives to be my king
Once died to be my savior

That he would leave his place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my savior

My savior loves, my savior lives
My savior's always there for me
My God he was, My God he is
My God he's always gonna be

Last edited by bjs; 06/01/06 05:53 PM.
P
P
MM

in all honesty

I have some measure of empathy/understanding/compassion for your confused lost wife ....

but your MIL baffles me !!!!
what'da'hayul is wrong with her ????

"go through me"
she was baiting you no doubt

she wanted a physical confrontation in front of the kids???

is she nuckin'futz ???

pardon my french

Pep

F
F
(((((MM))))))

If you ever want to talk, you have my email address.

If it gets lost in all this mess, let me know and I'll post it up again.

Praying for the Peace of God amongst the storm for you and your children. May Christ calm the seas of this terrible storm for you and your children as you know that He is with you.

God bless and let you know His comforting presence in this time of trial and tribulation.

R
R
Whoa, Mortarman! I am keeping you and your children in my prayers.

"No power in the 'verse can stop me."
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation