Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
I feel for you.

But I do have to say - You're sounding great given the ringer you've been thru.

I have followed you for a while (probably b/c I identified with SadMommy as a name). If it gives you any pride, I chose to associate myself, with you and your new name.
It will serve as an inspiration...
Do I want to be SadMommy or ShimmyGrrl?
Today I chose ShimmyGrrl!
Sounds uplifting to me.

Just a little thanks for sharing thru it all. There are lurkers who find hope/strength in the little successes.
Cheers.

me BW - 32 WH- 32 Married 6/01 EA 10/01 turn PA 2/02 (denied for 4 years) ONS 5/02 DD 10/03 DD #2 3/05 D-Day Jan 06 EA #2 1/06 turned PA 5/06 ??? WH moved out 7/06 WH moved in w/OW 10/06 Divorce date 1/07
S
OP Offline
S
It will serve as an inspiration...
Do I want to be SadMommy or ShimmyGrrl?
Today I chose ShimmyGrrl!
Sounds uplifting to me.

Yep, that does give me some pride. Glad to be an inspiration, even when I'm not feeling very inspired myself.

MSA, the counseling session was OK. Probably not as helpful as it could have been, b/c DD had to come. Her sitter couldn't watch her most of the day yesterday b/c of back-to-school orientation for her two children. She was so wellbehaved during the session, just sat there and played quietly by herself, that I took her to see the doggies at the pet store as a reward. She LOVES going to the pet store and talking to all the animals. Not that I would ever buy a dog from a pet store, but she likes to visit.

The counselor and I talked about my anger/resentment I have towards Mom, for choosing the life she did... leaving Dad, moving away to live with a guy she met on the internet, and all the other bad stuff. Believe it or not, I felt better when the session was up.

Today was a big day. Mom's life insurance deposit went through today, so I paid off the lawyer and my credit card. Paid back what I borrowed from DD's college account in the fall to come up with the retainer. AND bought a new computer, which I have wanted to do for so long because my old one has been messed up for a while. Gotta love sales tax holiday weekend! I just got it set up... my one indulgence from the insurance check.

My next move is to repay my grandma the $500 she gave me when XH first left. That'll leave me a nice sum in my savings account, just waiting to be a downpayment on a house. I'm feeling pretty good about some things... first time in a long time I've felt comfortable financially.

(Formerly SadMommy05) BS, 29 (me) XH, 27 DD, 1 M, 2001 high school sweethearts OW, 36, divorcee, "we have a friendship people can't understand" WH left out of the blue 9/5/2005 I filed 11/1/2005 D finalized 6/20/06 XH and OW married 1/6/07. Ugh!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation