Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
T
Hi McBecca,

Well I did read the posts over in GII. That JL is real good.

I know the feeling that you need your spouse to understand and fill your needs. I understand how you can feel that it may even been "his fault". You will get over the second issue, but the first issue is a much harder and you are going to have to be patient.

As a WS myself, I took the effort to buy the books to "figure out" what was going on. I sure hope you too will make that same effort. My W at first had little interest in reading but then quickly warmed up to it.

I am SO SO with MC, the two we seen pretty much told us to give up. If I were to do MC again, it would be with the Harleys. The things I learned by reading there books really helped change my thinking. That's what also needs to happen with you, a change of thinking.

As JL pointed out, your H in his letter said so many things.
He just used few words to say it. Please stop looking for reasons to breakup or fault your H. I will grant you that he probley does lack some important skills to fill your Emotional Needs. But skills can be learned. What your H does appear to have a lot of is LOVE.

Give him a fair chance to fill your needs, help him learn the skills he needs. I suspect he will do anything, including reading "His/Her Needs" and "Surviving the Affair" if it was readaly avaliable for him to read.

He really does want to know how to make you happy so that you all can be a happy family.

TH

W
W
We live in another state now so visitation etc would be limited but my husband still does not want him in her life. At what point do I just agree with him and let him raise her as his? I am not sure how much further the other man will purse this but he does want to be in her life very much as of right now.

If you plan to remain in the m, your h will raise this child as his. Your h will be her FT father. You should encourage that, not discourage it. The OM will only be a PT dad if that. Check the laws in your state, I think you may be protected from forced c by OM. You should have never voluntarily agreed to the DNA. Is your h's name on the bc, does your child have his last name. It will be so much easier for this child, if there is no drama and the child is raised as a full part of your family.

You should be very thankful your h is even willing to consider this.

Don't make the biological link any more important than it actually is. If the OM would like to visit, be Uncle OM, send gifts etc, and no discussion of adultery issue under the child is old enough to understand, then I would say OK let him send gifts an visit occassionally.

The rest of the time dont ask your child to live under the cloud of your sin, your mistake. Dont make the child call your h by his first name---and bring attention to the fact he isnt the child's father. Deal with your mistakes privately and keep adult matters discussed among adults and let the child live a normal life.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation