Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
C
My piano - I took a lot of anger out on that thing. It was good therapy.

K
K
God brought these tools into my life in this order:
*Mentors
*Autonomy from my parents when I moved to college
*Prayer, conversion
*A great husband - who had weaknesses - but his heart and spirit are good to the core
*A job in a psychiatric hospital
*A boss at that hospital who was developing an adult children of alcoholics recovery program
*Participation in that recovery program
*Kasey's hospitalization (not recommended for the faint of heart)
*The Training - something similar at This Link
*A great church leader who told me I was tolerating abuse and disrespect from my husband
*Willard Harley's books His Needs Her Needs, Love Busters, and Give & Take
*Losing our business
*SA - husband discovered 2 months after he bought the first Harley book
*Separation from my husband - abstinence is not sobriety!
*Women's shelter Counselors and an attorney blunt enough to wake me up about my financial situation if I divorced my husband
*My S-anon sponsor - and her story - and her plan, a version of which became MY plan (which included the ability to address the issues raised by the attorney)
*Counseling with Willard Harley
*Sandler Sales Training (You'll never know how that impacts your relationship unless you study it!)
*A ton of books - including 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R Covey (The Divine Center by Covey is also good), "Excuse Me: Your Life Is Waiting" by Lynn Grabhorn, "You Were Born Rich" by Bob Proctor, "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill, "What Matters Most" by Hyrum Smith
*A great job with a great company
*and again - a great husband who has weaknesses - but at his core, is a good man and wants to do the right thing. He's the one who found Dr. Harley's books in the first place because he wanted a fabulous marriage!

There were probably other tools delivered to me - but these are the ones I am aware of that I used, and still use.

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 295 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation