Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Owl #1785375 12/14/06 01:14 PM
M
M
"He's using the addiction as an EXCUSE...which is garbage!!!"

Actually that is not entirely accurate. There are articles on this website that emphasize as much.

It is absolutely accurate. There is no article on this website that implies that the addictive nature is an EXCUSE, It is not.

Well he is not going to live with the OW. We have tried plan A and it is not working. I am looking for another solution.

Plan B is not a "solution" for your marriage. It is only intended to remove you from the pain SO YOU DON'T HAVE A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN. THAT is the only solution it purports to serve. It increases your risk of DIVORCE.

Your H wants to move out so he can carry on his affair with the OW. PERIOD. Again, Plan B IS NOT a solution to marital problems. It is only a protective measure to remove you from his abuse.

Plan B should only be used AFTER Plan A has been exhausted. Your Plan A probably has been very successful in many ways, however, you haven't done the very basics, such as EXPOSURE of the affair.

Secondly, Plan B is to separate YOU from your spouse, not your children. Children should never be used as PAWNS to serve your marriage.

I would suggest that you get the Marriage Builders books that describe Plan A and Plan B and read them thoroughly before you PROCEED. You are making serious strategic errors because you do not understand the plans.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #1785376 12/14/06 01:23 PM
Z
zimmy Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi8113_ab.html

Addiction is mentioned in the article. I've been there I know I had it with my OM.

Thanks for the other input though.

Last edited by zimmy; 12/14/06 01:26 PM.
zimmy #1785377 12/14/06 01:26 PM
M
M
zimmy, please show me where it says that addiction is an "EXCUSE?"

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #1785378 12/14/06 01:28 PM
M
M

zimmy, did you miss this part?

"Since an affair is usually an addiction, the only way to fully recover is to permanently separate the unfaithful spouse (the addict) from the lover (the source of the addiction)."

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #1785379 12/14/06 01:31 PM
Z
zimmy Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
It does not; however, it does mention that it is an addiciton. I never said that addiction is an "EXCUSE" for any behavior. Just as a drug addict's behavior is not accepted because of his/her addiction, but it is an addiction nonetheless and behaviors are modified because of the addiciton.

zimmy #1785380 12/14/06 01:33 PM
Z
zimmy Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
No I did not. If he is not willing to make that change, then I am not going to spin my wheels. I cannot make a decision for him. I can only control me. I am hoping that us being apart will be the kick in the tush he needs to make the decision on his own.

If HE does not decide to leave and leave for me, it is a futile effort.

zimmy #1785381 12/14/06 01:35 PM
O
Owl Offline
O
Is HE WANTING to leave in plan B? Is HE suggesting it, or are you? What is the source of the choice to consider him leaving/plan B? You, or him?

zimmy #1785382 12/14/06 01:38 PM
M
M
zimmy, are you reading the posts on your thread? You disagreed with OWL when he told you that an addiction is not an excuse for an affair.

Did you read any of the posts above? Owl gave you very good advice and I posted to you also.

Exposure 101

zimmy #1785383 12/14/06 01:42 PM
M
M
I am hoping that us being apart will be the kick in the tush he needs to make the decision on his own.

Good luck on that!! Because let me tell you what will REALLY HAPPEN. You will be throwing your H into the ARMS of the OW. You will be helping the affair and the OW, not your marriage.

You don't seem to GET that he is already DETACHED from you. HE IS HAVING AN AFFAIR. If he leaves, he is FREE to carry on his affair UNIMPEDED.

But, it sounds like you have already made a decision and are not here to actually get advice from ppl from have been there, done that. It that correct?

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #1785384 12/14/06 01:44 PM
M
M
zimmy, whose side are you on? The OW's or yours? Because I honestly can't tell.

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #1785385 12/14/06 01:52 PM
M
M
Again, we are going to expose the affair. Not in a hateful way, but to live a life of honesty.

zimmy, the affair should be exposed BY YOU ALONE, without his knowledge. This is a tactic that you use as part of Plan A in order to kill his affair. This is not a joint effort as you are not in recovery and he won't be willing to do things that serve to harm his affair.

Do you understand that your marriage is under assault by an affair and is not going to make it unless you stand up to this affair?

Exposure 101

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 232 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation