Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 65 of 65 1 2 63 64 65
Dogfood #1807514 03/04/08 07:46 AM
M
M
DF,

Good to hear from ya!

As for what she said about Fresno, etc...Blah-blah-blah...Yep, still foggy...Still looking for someone to blame for her choices...

Glad you are making something positive out of this, DF!

Just so you know, she will contact you some day when you least expect it. So be ready for that. And you have to know, it will be your xW not the xWW who calls...

Just wanted to get that prediction in writing for later.

Mark

Mark1952 #1807515 03/04/08 07:59 AM
P
P
Hi Mark,

I was intrigued by your post. So how do you think DF should respond when xW calls? How should he be ready?

P.

Hi 'Food!

Great hearing from you! Strange that your xW would have 2 fabricate something like that? Guess she doesn't want people 2 know that your M ended because of her A?

Oh well, no never mind, I guess. It's not you who will have 2 live with that in her past at some point.

be well,
-ol' 2long

2long #1807517 03/04/08 09:58 AM
M
M
Principled,

I see you have more than one thread, Where would you like to discuss it? Pick an existing thread or start a new one or email me so we don't take DF's thread off into the wild blue over this...

Mark

Mark1952 #1807518 03/04/08 10:02 AM
M
M
DF...Glad to see you are doing so well without that dead weight tied to your ankle!

medc #1807519 03/04/08 12:40 PM
S
S
DF... alive, well and going strong! Good for you. You serve as an inspiration for those who use Harley's program, whose marriages don't work out, but as a BS whose life DOES work out. And perhaps way for the better!

Glad to hear all is going well, and that you have a GF who respects you. With all the UGLY on your timeline well behind you... prospects look great for your future.

Carry what Mark wrote with you and be prepared for that "moment" when WW does make contact with you, and she's well out of the fog. That moment will stir you to your depths...so just be ready!

Thanks for the update...always good to hear from you!

BH - me 53, ONS 1979
FWW - 51, 2 EA's, 1 PA
Last D-Day, Sep. 30, 2003
Last Contact/recovery began 2-26-04

***You can do anything with time and money...but remember...money won't buy you time!***
B
B
Always like hearing you are doing well DF. God Bless mate.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
E
E
Great to hear from you DF. I still remember the early days of your sitch.

The train has almost reached the end of the line for me - about 20 days left.

Very poignant observation by Mark - hope you will come here and tell us about it when it happens.

Divorced on 3/25/2008 but I have primary legal and physical custody of my 2 kids.

Plan A Thread
Plan B Thread
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
D
Dogfood Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi all....

Interesting some of you mention her calling me "one of these days".
In addition to it being said here, I have had four people ask me that very question. One of them is my current girlfriend and the other is my ex-girlfriend from 14 years ago!
They asked the same thing:
"So, what are you going to do when she calls?"

Personally, I don't see it happening...which is just as well.
I think they will be married by this time next year (just in time for my support payments to be ending...imagine that).

Other than that, doing ok. Stressing big time right now, as our economy tanks...pilot jobs are always some of the first to go.
Hmm...maybe those support payments will be ending sooner than she thinks.

BS - 36 (me)
WS - 25
D-Day - 01/08/07(EA), 02/02/07 (PA)
Divorce Final - 09/14/07

"It's only the fairy tale they believe"
D
Dogfood Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Wow...digging up an old thread here.

Things are going well for me.
I am still with my girlfriend, going on 11 months now.
We are actually doing couples counseling / therapy. Not that we have anything wrong in the relationship, but just making sure we are doing things correctly in regards to communication, etc...
Having learned my lesson in that area with my failed marriage, I am determined to not let that be an issue in this relationship.
So far so good. grin
I even met her parents for the first time a few months ago with a trip to Florida. Very nice.

I think one of the last times I posted I was going to go to work for an international freight airline. In the end, I turned down the job (I listened to the little voice in my head) and that turned out to be good as the company is pretty much out of business and I would have been laid off last May. Instead I am still flying freight, but for a smaller company and staying in California delivering bank checks for the Federal Reserve flying a pretty cool airplane. I don't know what is next for me, in the job dept. I got an offer to fly warbirds in Florida. I've done this in the past, but this is with a different company and would eventually lead to a seat in the P-51 Mustang. *drool*. We will see!!

I have not had any contact with my ex with the exception of texting her for her social security number for taxes. The good thing about spousal support is I get to deduct it and I only owed the Taxman something like 5 dollars. But, something interesting happened in the past week.
She works for a bank and was recently promoted. I have a friend whose wife works for the same bank, but a different branch. In fact, the wife and my ex were friends, but haven't spoken with each other since this whole thing went down.
Anyway, the wife of my friend had to train my ex on certian things. When they first got together for the training, my ex went into the reasons for leaving me, making me (of course) out to be the bad guy.

Two things stuck out when I was relayed this convo.
One, apparently she is angry at me because she had to give up the cats and I didn't take them. If ya'll recall, during a conversation with the OM, my EX and me, he said "I couldn't live with 5 cats" to which she replied with something along the lines of, "I will give them up if you want me to."

The other thing she mentioned is she, "knows I am going between one city (where my mailing address is) and another city (where my girlfriend lives) and hanging out with my girlfriend".
My guess is, the reason she knows is that I have sent the support checks from both cities.
I found that interesting. Why mention the girlfriend?
Very odd.

BTW, my friend's wife cut her off and told my ex that, "We are here to do training". She says my ex looks kind of sick and depressed, but who knows.

Anyway, that is my update and I am stickin' to it!!!

Last edited by Dogfood; 08/10/08 02:58 AM.

BS - 36 (me)
WS - 25
Divorce Final - 09/14/07

P
P
DF,

Great to hear from you! I'm also glad to hear you're still flying. I would jump at the chance to fly a P-51 (one old handle was Mustangdriver for that very reason).

There will come a day when you won't even want to hear about your ex and will care less when people relay info to you about her.

Could she contact you someday as a "gee, you were really good to me" call? Maybe.

But when she does.....who cares?

Sounds to me like you have yourself a good woman, a good job, and a good future ahead of you.

You've emerged from this ordeal stronger, smarter, and with your wings still intact. Good on you.

Believe me, as someone who use to fly, you're a lucky man to still be doing so. That Warbirds job would be fantastic.

Drop in from time to time. It's good to hear from you.

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
D
Dogfood Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Pomd. Appreciate the kind words.
Yes, given the woes the aviation industry is suffering right now, I feel very lucky to have a flying job. I have several friends who are currently out of work right now and there not very many jobs to be had.

It is not that care one way or the other what she is doing with her life at this point. It is her life and she can do with it what she wants, as with mine.

With that said, she was part of my life for over 7 years, so I will probably always be interested to hear what she is up to.

To go further into that; the past (mine, yours, everyones) defines who we are today. To ignore or live in the past will do nothing to help you (read that as everyone, not specifically you). But, since it defines who we are, we need to acknowledge it; we need to acknowledge the past so we know who we are right now. We all have the opportunity to accept it and to learn from it.
The past should never be ignored or suppressed. Realizing that is important to healing and just living life in general.
Sorry, didn't mean to get all Murakami on everyone.

I mention the conversation because it peaks my curiosity. After almost two years, why is there still venom? Why does she feel the need to still make me the villian?
Granted, I wasn't a great husband...probably not even a good one, but I have at least recognized that and have taken steps so that I will not be like that again(read paragraph above).

Last edited by Dogfood; 08/11/08 04:09 AM.

BS - 36 (me)
WS - 25
Divorce Final - 09/14/07

Page 65 of 65 1 2 63 64 65

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 148 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
peppa, RP4280, Philip Pitre, ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg
71,872 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Children
by BrainHurts - 09/28/24 06:19 PM
Spying on Wife's phone without getting caught?
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 08:59 PM
Depression
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 11:19 AM
Separated/Dating
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:58 PM
Child activities
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:56 PM
Loss of libido/Sexual Attraction
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:10 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,608
Posts2,323,426
Members71,872
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation