Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Mulan Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I don't see where this BH did anything wrong. I hope a jury will see that and let him go.
Mulan

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/03/22/teacher.affair.ap/index.html

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
L
L
do two wrongs make a right? I am not sure it this is the type of message that should be placed on a site like this.

Formerly Lost in the World.... but really by Gods grace.... He has found me once again!!!!
M
M
I don't see where this BH did anything wrong.

This guy didn't shoot the OM (other Man), he shot the OB (other BOY).

This was an 18 year old kid who was attending the High School where this guy's wife worked.

Between the 31 year old man and his 29 year old wife (who apparently thought it was ok to boink her 18 year old student) you think the 18 year old high school student was most at fault?

Seriously?

Ok....

Mys

M
Mulan Offline OP
OP Offline
M
This 18yo, whom the BH knew was screwing BH's wife, had been sleeping in his car for at least one night while it was parked in front of the BH and WW's house.

The BH called 911 when the 18yo got of the car and walked up to the house and refused to leave even when the BH ordered him off the property.

BH then got his gun and shot the 18yo as an intruder.

No sympathy from me for the 18yo.
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
N
N
did the betrayed spouse shoot him in self defense?
did he think he was an intruder?

did he know who he was and did he know he was screwing his wife?

M
M
Ah, just read the story more closely. Apparently this young man had all ready graduated.

BH then got his gun and shot the 18yo as an intruder.

I don't think a jury will let this guy off. He's not claming self defense, he's claiming an accident. He'd all ready called 911, why not just wait for the police?

No sympathy from me for the 18yo.

I don't see how he deserved a death sentence.

This is just tragic....

Mys

P
P
Mulan,
I truly do not mean to chastise you, but I think your response to this story is out of line. I want to be honest with you. I respect you as a person and I would have much preferred reading this story and seeing you raise above it, with grace and truth.

Not just truth.

I believe that murder is wrong. I believe that adultery is wrong. Both sins.

No sin, at no time, justifies another sin. Sin for sin is not the way of our Lord.

This entire ordeal is tragic.

Peace be with you, M.

pat

T
T
Listen, the 18 yo knew he was sleeping with a married woman. And then he went to the house while the husband was home?!! Typical teenager these days, no respect for anyone. What did he hope to accomplish, rubbing the affair in the husbands face?

Sorry, but the only tragedy here is that a 31 year old man is going t be heading off to jail and not being able to see his children every day.

Too bad the bullet didn't ricochet out of the 18 yo's head and hit his wife betweenthe eyes.

TTG

Y
Y
I agree with you, no deserves to pay with their life.

I wonder if these same people feel that Betty Broderick was justified in killing her husband and his new wife. I have actually met women who feel that Betty Broderick should have got off.

I say the H should go to prison, he is not God and has no right to take away a human life, regardless of the circumstances.

RIP FKM (1982-2006) you are sorely missed by your wife, children, family, and a whole host of friends. You were with us only a short time, but touched our lives so much.
Y
Y
You are 100% correct. The husband had no right to take a life. Two wrongs don't make a right.

RIP FKM (1982-2006) you are sorely missed by your wife, children, family, and a whole host of friends. You were with us only a short time, but touched our lives so much.
N
N
Listen, the 18 yo knew he was sleeping with a married woman. And then he went to the house while the husband was home?!! Typical teenager these days, no respect for anyone. What did he hope to accomplish, rubbing the affair in the husbands face?

Sorry, but the only tragedy here is that a 31 year old man is going t be heading off to jail and not being able to see his children every day.

Too bad the bullet didn't ricochet out of the 18 yo's head and hit his wife betweenthe eyes.

TTG

woah!
are from texas, by any chance?

the whole story is a tragedy....a mess.

N
N
When I was 18... so immature... so many bad choices... still a child in so many ways...

...god forbid I would have paid for some of the things I did with my life.

I pity everyone involved... how sad.

M
M
Look how the WW screwed up so many lives. If she had been doing right, none of this would have happened!

Crimes of passion are not right...but I understand them. That is why I consider OPs to be complete idiots! Why would you take a chance on your life? Why would you TRUST the BS not to do something to you?

As was said before...this is tragic. But preventable...and forseeable.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...
4 kids (19(B), 17(G), 14(B), 4(B))
Blessed by God more than I deserve
"If Jesus is your co-pilot...you need to change seats!"

Link: The Roles of Husbands and Wives
M
M
Mulan... make no mistake about it this guy is going to jail. This is second degree murder or manslaughter. No doubt, no question. The very best he can hope for is manslaughter due to being in a blind rage. That is the most likely conviction... and he will most likely do about 7-10 years.

An important point.... Don't be surprised if the wife winds up in jail too. She was having sex with a minor and unless they are unable to convict based on the young MAN being killed, she is going away for statutory rape. This has been going on for a year which means he was a juvenile at the time of her assault.

There is no justification for killing this man. I understand his anger and the crime of passion... but he was shot in his car seat on a public street. That is murder. Even if he was sitting in the living room, he was posing no threat to the BH.

All of this because the ****** wife decided to rape and then have consentual sex with a boy/man. SHE deserves to have her asss kicked up and down the street for all of the horror she has inflicted on both families. If I were the parents of that young MAN I would pursue her legally with everything at my disposal. She is a predator... SHE WAS HIS TEACHER!

M
Mulan Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I guess the real point of this story, and Betty Broderick's story and Clara Harris's story, is that these WSs are playing fast and loose and cavalier with the most powerful and primal of emotions - the need to protect one's mate and family from predators and intruders.

In all three of those stories the WS was flaunting the affair and rubbing it cruelly and deliberately into the face of the BS. Sure, I know that in a civilized society that doesn't make killing them okay, but maybe the law should take into account how serious this stuff really is and start laying down some protection for the BS from the extreme cruelty and torment that the WS and OP are free to inflict *before* it gets to this point.

In all three cases, to the best of my knowledge there was *nothing* the BSs could do to protect themselves from this cruelty except to abandon their families to the intruder. What is right and normal and healthy and beneficial to society about that??

In case after case after case, the WS and the OP are fully protected under the law while the BS is told to either suffer the torment or abandon their families to the intruder - that there's nothing else they can do and that they had *better not* interfere with the cheaters.

It's just as bass-ackwards as it can be. Show me where the law protects the BS and then maybe I'll have some sympathy for this arrogant, bullying OM (and no I don't care how old he was) who intended on walking right into the BH's home in the BH's presence and taking his place with his wife.

Not before.
Mulan

Me, BW
P
P
Four days after the murder, paramedics rushed her to Centennial Medical Center after she tried to commit suicide with prescription drugs, according to police spokeswoman

the adultress tried to off herself after her BH's arrest ...

she's not going to win "Mother of The Year" award

Pep

A
A
Well, I dunno. A good lawyer might convince a typical jury to decide for justifiable homicide. I think I would go along with that if I was in the pool.

It does make an excellent cautionary tail, IMO.

ed: Of course, there is no WS on the planet who thinks for a moment it applies to their situation...

In a way this is an argument for evolution in action. Life is hard. And it's just plain deadly when you are stupid.

Last edited by Aphelion; 03/22/07 01:40 PM.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
L
L
"McLean stated that he had learned of an adulterous affair between his wife and the victim several weeks prior to the murder," Knoxville police investigator Andrew Boatman wrote.

McLean shot Powell after finding him at his house and telling him to leave, Boatman's affidavit said. McLean called 911 to report and intruder and called back saying to disregard the call "because the intruder was leaving," according to the affidavit.

McLean "stated that he felt a great amount of stress due to his wife's relationship with Powell," the investigator wrote. "McLean stated that he went to his Toyota truck parked in the street in front of his house and retrieved a rifle and that he remembered shooting Powell."

Powell died from a shot in the head as he sat in his car outside the McLeans' home."

I am sorry, but no where does it say that this young man was flaunting what he had with the other mans wife.... I am not trying to justify the affair... the affair was wrong.... but to kill someone.... that is wrong.... and obviously premeditated! IT IS WRONG... who are we to take life into our own hands?

Formerly Lost in the World.... but really by Gods grace.... He has found me once again!!!!
N
N
Well, I dunno. A good lawyer might convince a typical jury to decide for justifiable homicide. I think I would go along with that if I was in the pool.

It does make an excellent cautionary tail, IMO.

ed: Of course, there is no WS on the planet who thinks for a moment it applies to their situation... I a way this is an argument for evolution. Life is hard. And it's just plain deadly when you are stupid.

"if the glove doesn't fit, you must aquit!"

the whole situation is awful.
I think the WW needs to be chgarged w/SOMETHING!

A
A
Four days after the murder, paramedics rushed her to Centennial Medical Center after she tried to commit suicide with prescription drugs, according to police spokeswoman

the adulteress tried to off herself after her BH's arrest ...

she's not going to win "Mother of The Year" award

Typical what about me and my emotional needs grandstanding of a WS, IMO. Truly serious suicides are usually successful.

I hope she never teaches again, no matter what happens.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 731 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation