Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
Anytime I say "no" to him he tries to bully me into giving in.......I'm really considering a restraining order; which my attorney advised me to do.

What exactly does “bully” mean?

Depending upon what state you live in determines legality, but if you FEEL physically threatened then a restraining order is the only way to go. Be careful going down this track and only go there if you feel you need to.

Now he is furious with me because I won't loan him my pickup any more to move (he had it for 2 days).

Two points –
1. If his name in on the title then he is entitled to use the truck…..unless,
2. You have a legal separation agreement that remands the truck to you.

Consult your attorney on this right away.

he put a lock on the barn so we can't get into it. there is a duck, 4 rabbits, and 2 cats in there; but I can't get in to feed them

Since you are still on the property (technically in possession of the property) then remove the lock. Take photo’s of the exterior & interior and share them with your attorney. Cite “humane rationale” and offer to replace the lock at your expense, if necessary. (Brownie points down the road with the judge).

Anna, I’m concerned about what I’m hearing here. Do you have anyone who can stay with you for a while (A father, brother, etc.)?

And on behalf of all the men in the world I’d like to apologize for the crap you’re going through. Guys like this give the rest of us a bad name.

Last edited by Slick50; 05/17/07 03:38 PM.
S
S
Even if you had to pay his first months rent it is worth it to get rid of him. I would not pay next months rent for him however!!!!

A
OP Offline
A
Been a busy week, but here's the update and answer to questions:

*He did come over the next day and give me a key; said he was mad at me the day before and so didn't leave one.

*He got the money by cutting up scrap steel from junk in the ravine behind the barn; made $600 by bringing in 3 trailerfulls. Fine with me.....cleaned up the place and he got money, I would have had to pay someone to remove it. Rent on his new apartment is only $250/mo.

*He's got a job, so he's working 8 to 5 daily, haven't really seen him all week.

So, things are going pretty smoothly for the time being, thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!

S
S
Good! Keep strong now!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation