Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
J
I agree completely with AGoodGuy.

How do you *know* the other guy is out of the picture? Because she says he is?

She cheated *with* you, on a man who was cheating on his wife. That alone is enough to send up a huge red flag. She doesn't respect marriages, or relationships. She didn't respect OM's marriage, and she didn't even respect her own relationship with him, because she cheated on him, with you.

I know at the time you seemed to think she was cheating ON you with OM - but if he was there first - he's got squatting rights.

So knowing all this - this is not an "incident" or something that "just happened". She was with OM for 2 years and you for one year. This is a PATTERN of behavior.

What makes you so sure that if you two start over, that things will be any different?

I'm asking this because I believe that the woman has some sort of personality or character flaw. Good and decent people don't engage in that sort of behavior long-term. Yes, spouses cheat on each other and that's usually what brings people to this site. But it's somewhat different when married people acknowledge a breakdown in their MARRIAGE and resolve to repair, repent and not repeat.

You aren't married to this woman. As AGoodGuy said - if people knew in advance that their intended spouses were serial cheaters, most people wouldn't marry them in the first place. You have seen with your own eyes that she does this.

IMO you are a bit foolish to think that you are "the one" that she won't cheat on. She will. Sooner or later that old pattern will come up again, and hopefully, for your sake, you aren't married to her by then, and God forbid there's a child or two involved.

You did receive good advice. Blunt advice.

If you had a son, and he was dating a woman who was cheating with a married man, and seeing your son too, what advice would you give him?

JinGA

F/40, DD15 DS13 M 1989 DDay his EA May 1998. S Aug 2004. D Dec 05. I filed. 4/07 Post-D Plan A with 180, with hopes of R. 6/23/07 XH said no to R. 8/24/07 Went on a date with someone new, "B". 1/22/08 Still seeing B, life is good! Learning and growing each day. Ask me about Geocaching!
M
M
just an fyi gbglob:

i everytime i forgave my ex he still CHEATED ON ME AGAIN.

I AM THE ONE who threw this sorry a** to the curb, he would have stayed here living the best of both worlds forever.

i give you advice from my personal experience.

the girl is a loser and she will do over and over again to you because YOU ALLOW IT.

cut your losses and go out with the other 2 women you were having a nice time with.

mark my words, this girl is not going to change for you.

mlhb

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Comfortable Shoe), 235 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation