Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
OP Offline
T
My wife dropped off my son becuase she didn't hear back from me if I could take him tonight or not. her "meeting" is for the Child Impact seminar we both need to go to.

She wants to see me tongiht... somewhere we are both protected...

She wants answers, i want answers too

i know i shouldn't go....

tell me why i shouldnt!!

Hurry! Or I may do it

M
M
Sorry. I don't know your story. Why shouldn't you go? Are you in PLAN B?

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
C
C
Why you shouldn't: because it could be a set up and you could find yourself waking up in jail tomorrow morning.

I know you are eager to see your son, and you are eager to mend things with your wife, but you could potentially get yourself into a bigger world of trouble if you break the RO.

Your wife has done nothing this entire time to show you that she can be trusted not to jack with you. I wouldn't trust her now, even though it goes against your instinct. Don't let her bait you.

Just be careful.

T
OP Offline
T
read Thnikingofmykids' story here... warning it LONG and dramatic!!!
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/sho...e=0#Post3314068

I'm on an RO for false accusations... she knows it and tried to undo but she cant

C
C
Don't understand. Do you want to go, or not? If you do, prepare your kid a care package to keep him busy while you're meeting, off to the side or in the next room. And go.

G
G
I'm on an RO

Do not break your restraining order.

M
M
DO NOT GO. BETTER YET, HAVE YOUR LAWYER CALL HER...CALL HIM, THIS IS AN EMERGENCY! TELL HIM WHAT HAS HAPPENED AND THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO HER BUT THAT YOU ARE RISKING YOUR FREEDOM BY DOING SO...ASK HIM TO PLEASE CALL HER AND EXPLAIN YOUR PREDICAMENT.

******, GIVE ME HER NUMBER AND I WILL CALL HER.

T
OP Offline
T
boy is with his grandfather...
she wants to see me. I want to go, but i know if I get caught...i'm screwed

T
OP Offline
T
she seems VERY sincere in wantign to see me...wants to be very careful nto to get caught. she doesn't want me to get in trouble.... never wanted me arrested.

but...if we talk...and then go to court, she will ahve all this info... where did dhe get it?

I'll go to jail won't I for violatin my RO...regardless if she doesn't want charges brougth against me anymore...

CHIT!!!! what to do...

I need some 2x4s NOW!

S
S
Let MEDC call her, just like he offered to do. You are asking for advice; he is giving it to you; take it.

T
OP Offline
T
MEDC... you have always been my voice of reason through the last couple weeks...

i'm not going, truing off my cell, and bringin my keys to my sister.

Then... going for a nice long 4 mile walk around my parents land to cool down and regain myself.

....I'm in control, not her.

C
C
If you have an RO, DO NOT GO! Plan for another meeting, with whatever legal protections you need! Tell her it's for your son's sake. And stick to it!

M
M
For God's sake, listen to MEDC before you end up in jail!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
DO NOT GO. She may be sweet right now but what happens if you pi$$ her off later? Mr. DA, my husband contacted me. I didn't have a choice. He insisted!! I can hear it now.

Better wait until it's legal. I think letting MEDC call her is a WONDERFUL ideal. He'll see through the BS and make her understand what she's done with her little RO.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
T
OP Offline
T
OK so I left my cellphone behind, dropped my keys off with my sister, and went for a walk around my parents property. Been a long time since I've been here so it was weird to see all the changes....then walked through the woods. Got back later than I had expected. Don't have a watch and my cell is in the in-law apartment above my parents garage, keys are with my sister... everyone's alseep. CRAP!!!

Luckily my car has keyless entry. It was cold, but better than sleeping outside. Caught my brother in law going to Dunkin donusts in town so hitched a ride with him. Took a nice HOT shower to warm up... here I am.

I cannot believe how stupid I almost was. I've come so far in making sure I do everything right to keep me out of jail and to make sure on and off the record I'm the one flying striaght...

Not to mention some of the problems we have is her need to control me. had I gone, even though I wanted to, she would have seen it as control. I control me.

So... to all that posted to try to ring my neck last night.... thank you. I can't honestly say I would have been strong enough without your voices. But I was indeed strong enough to listen to reason and not do something stupid!

TOMK

M
M
So glad you heard those voices last night and didn't go.

That suck$ about sleeping in your car though. Ugh.

FWS (me): 38 (EA in May-June 2007) FWS (H): 35 (EA from oct 2005 to oct 2007) DS1: 7 DS2: 3.5 S decided he wanted a separation: October 5th 2007 S moved out: October 12th 2007 S moved back in: November 10th We are working together, one day at a time, one step at a time to build a love that will last forever. Thanks to MB.
M
M
There is NO reason this only needs to be dealt with in a crisis.
TOMK, I will be more than happy to call your wife for you.

I can come at this from several different fronts. Obviously I have a good handle on the law and what you can/can't do. I also will be able to discuss the medical and MB angles as well.

If you wish to take me up on my offer, just let me know.

T
OP Offline
T
That suck$ about sleeping in your car though. Ugh.
Sleeping in the car is the LEAST of my worries right now. Didn't phase me at all actually. Guess I'm too numb for the little things.

3 voicemails on my phone. All from Mike. She arrived home at 8:30ish, so that's where she was when she emailed me.

She left the house about 9:15, he followed her. She went to the spot where we watch airplanes. took me a while to understand what he was saying in the VM, but from what he described, that's where she was. This kid...this 16 yr old kid, stayed on her tail sitting there for almost an hour. (Thanks Mike!). And then followed her to a gas station, he drove past and pulled into a parking lot.

She drove home parked in her spot, no other cars around, lights off ten minutes after she went inside.

I think I'm convinced there is no OM and that she really wanted to see me with all good intentions too.

I don't believe she expected me at that spot. It's patrolled on both sides of the fence by state and local police. They do stop and talk to poeple parked there on a regualr basis too. She would not have expected that to be a meeting place. I'm a little shocked to learn she went there on her own though. She never really seemed to enjoy being there when we'd go. But she did like seeing our som get so excited every time the planes went by. Going on a night she's alone... the romantic in me wants to believe she was trying to connect....

Mike rocks for doing what he did for me last night. I think I can safely call him off now.

As I type this I get another email.
Just wanted you to know that your son spent the night at Papa's house, not my sister's. I know you would have wanted that instead, he wanted Papa and Nanny all night anyway too. My sister is upset she didn't get to have him overnight, but they are all headed to breakfast now. I have my class from 8:45-1:15 and should be in (town name removed) to pick him up. He misses you and so do I. I'm sorry for all this. I do love you.
L

Still glad I didnt' meet her though. Who knows how long it will be before I can feel safe enoguh in my own home let alone out somewhere that she won't call the cops on me becuase she doesn't like what I've done or said.

I have a loooooooooooooooooong trying road ahead of me.

T
OP Offline
T
There is NO reason this only needs to be dealt with in a crisis.
TOMK, I will be more than happy to call your wife for you.

I can come at this from several different fronts. Obviously I have a good handle on the law and what you can/can't do. I also will be able to discuss the medical and MB angles as well.

If you wish to take me up on my offer, just let me know.
you have email... and thank you!

M
M
no email yet... let me know your time zone too so I call at an appropriate time.

baydog@zoominternet.net

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 477 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation