Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
graplin #1984308 12/08/07 02:29 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Quote
Quote
Quote
but I have observed a pattern with you of very misplaced, selective "compassion" based on emotional immaturity. And this is indicated by your history of always sympathizing with the VICTIMIZER and never the VICTIM.

If you have observed a pattern, then you should be able to substantiate the instances when I have done so multiple time, yes?

I am still looking for the proof that substantiates the pattern of which you have accused me.

In other words, you can't refute a single point I made.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
Quote
stop a mentally ill person from abusing and harming others on this board.


This is it...

Is the goal to stop BACK from harming others?

Talking to HER about it is wasted effort and only makes it worse in my opinion.

It's not going to STOP her.

Been there done that in real life..zillions of times...

We should leave this in the hands of the moderators and owners of this Forum.


I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 638
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 638
Quote
Why don't you just respond to the poster in question as you would like instead of complaining about the responses of others? You can only control you...

Why would you put it in terms of "control"? That word comes up a lot with some people on the forum.

Is that how you view respectful interactions? As an attempt to control?

Reasoning and discussing a topic is not an attempt at control. It may be an attempt at influencing or impacting someone else's opinion, but disagreeing with someone and telling them why is not a form of or an attempt to, control.

Your post expressed your concerns about how and what back has been posting - and my response to you expressed my concerns about how and what has been posted by others.

Why would you give me direction that you have not taken yourself?

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
Quote
and those of us who are trying to quiet back/Laura would be silenced, giving her free reign to continue to abuse and harm others.


I guarantee you that what you guys are doing will not silence her. OK, I can't guarantee but I'm willing to bet...


I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 638
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 638
Quote
In other words, you can't refute a single point I made.


Since my request for substantiation for your accusations of my pattern of behavior of defending abusers rather than the abused came several pages ago, I think the need to refute is in your lap.

Once you substantiate your prior accusation, I will respond to your later ones.

Your choice.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
Quote
Mimi...How is pointing out her other posting name and exposing the truth of why she is here "blasting"?


The EXPOSURE is not what I am referring to as "blasting". It is how the EXPOSURE is being communicated. Mel, herself, said the aim is to run her off or something to that effect.


I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,044
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,044
Mimi...she should be run off in some fashion. She cannot be helped here! We cannot hold her hand to get her to therapy if in fact she isn't just a big fat liar. If she needs therapy, all the enabling in the world here is just going to make things worse all the way around.
Personally if I had the ability to do so, I would suggest that she get help...and then ban her from further posts on the board.

graplin #1984315 12/08/07 02:43 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,316
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,316
Quote
Quote
Why don't you just respond to the poster in question as you would like instead of complaining about the responses of others? You can only control you...

Why would you put it in terms of "control"? That word comes up a lot with some people on the forum.

Is that how you view respectful interactions? As an attempt to control?

Reasoning and discussing a topic is not an attempt at control. It may be an attempt at influencing or impacting someone else's opinion, but disagreeing with someone and telling them why is not a form of or an attempt to, control.

Your post expressed your concerns about how and what back has been posting - and my response to you expressed my concerns about how and what has been posted by others.

Why would you give me direction that you have not taken yourself?

Graplin...

As I told you before, your agenda here is clear to me...I do not think it is concern for others at all...I think it is about the fact that you don't like how some people here post...That is your issue to deal with...And when it really comes down to it, the mods here are the only ones that can control the postings of others...

Mrs. W


FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

graplin #1984316 12/08/07 02:43 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Quote
Quote
In other words, you can't refute a single point I made.


Since my request for substantiation for your accusations of my pattern of behavior of defending abusers rather than the abused came several pages ago, I think the need to refute is in your lap.

More diversion......

Still waiting, graplin.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
The blasting is on the other thread.


I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 638
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 638
Quote
and those of us who are trying to quiet back/Laura would be silenced, giving her free reign to continue to abuse and harm others.


I don't think anyone has suggested that you and your fellow neutralizers should be silenced.

What has been suggested is that the way you have been going about silencing people hasn't been in a particularly helpful or healthy way. And it hasn't just been the backs of the forum that have come under the silencing routine - it has been anyone that had the audacity to question the methods that some are using.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,316
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,316
Quote
Quote
Mimi...How is pointing out her other posting name and exposing the truth of why she is here "blasting"?


The EXPOSURE is not what I am referring to as "blasting". It is how the EXPOSURE is being communicated. Mel, herself, said the aim is to run her off or something to that effect.

Mimi,

Do you think it's okay for an OW (mentally ill or not) to post here for help to Plan A a MARRIED man?

Mrs. W


FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

graplin #1984320 12/08/07 02:46 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
graplin, and most of all, I would like an apology about your lie about driving Ace off the board. So I will repost:

Your denial that you said we drove Ace off the board:
Quote
And I never said she did![ACE] This is another case of you setting up your straw arguments. I was pointing out that she was falsely accused.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The concern I expressed was that in the rush to call troll whenever the outside-the-norm story shows up, we have driven off people *who were not trolls*.

Ace pointed out that when she first came on this forum, she was accused of being a troll. She left the forum. She did eventually come back. She was not a troll.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
Bottom line, I think it's best to ignore her..

But I have no control over others...


I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,310
Quote
Mimi,

Do you think it's okay for an OW (mentally ill or not) to post here for help to Plan A a MARRIED man?

Mrs. W


ABSOLUTELY NOT...but I don't buy YET that she is Laura...I have to study and think on that some more...


I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 638
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 638
Quote
More diversion......

Still waiting, graplin.


You accused me of having a pattern of supporting abusers, I have asked for your substantiation.

You refused answering the question and went off on other topics.

You attempted diversion.
And I fell for it.

Then I realized what you had done and what I had fallen for.

So.

You accused first.
You can substantiate first.
Or you can continue to attempt diversion first.

But I will not fall for it again.

So, do you have the where-with-all to actually try to support your first accusation or will you continue to play your power game?

graplin #1984324 12/08/07 02:51 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Quote
What has been suggested is that the way you have been going about silencing people hasn't been in a particularly helpful or healthy way. And it hasn't just been the backs of the forum that have come under the silencing routine - it has been anyone that had the audacity to question the methods that some are using.

How are you qualified to discern what is or isn't "healthy," graplin? this is just getting more and more ridiculous, really.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


graplin #1984325 12/08/07 02:53 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Quote
Quote
More diversion......

Still waiting, graplin.


You accused me of having a pattern of supporting abusers, I have asked for your substantiation.

You refused answering the question and went off on other topics.

I have shown you 2 examples and you are diverting. This is another diversion, dear.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: May 2007
Posts: 638
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 638
Which abusers have I supported?

In what threads?

graplin #1984327 12/08/07 02:58 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Quote
Which abusers have I supported?

In what threads?

More avoidance…….


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,616
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0