Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 102 of 102 1 2 100 101 102
C
C
Charlotte! Here's something I had not seen before....how much dancing could they do in those costumes?

C
C
Where is Mimi when I need her? I wanted her to know that I just gave away 3 pairs of sweat pants. hurray

Q
Q
bump

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
N
N
Originally Posted by cinderella
Where is Mimi when I need her? I wanted her to know that I just gave away 3 pairs of sweat pants. hurray

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Every time I see a rack of sweats at the store, I cringe and run the other way.....I KNOW what Mimi would do if I even THOUGHT of buying a pair......

Not2fun-sweatpant-free since March '08

L
L
Well I see the goddess's are back. So, how are we all doing without Ms Mimi here to crack the whip??

I do still wear sweats to work...I HAVE TO. But pretty much the minute I get home I change into Jeans and a pretty top.

Today, I wore a lovely black one with 3 frilly layers around the middle - better looking than the description would suggest. A bit low cut in the bodice...

I didn�t notice myself but Flick tells me while we were walking around town today lots of men would look at my chest, look at Flick then look elsewhere rotflmao

I wear makeup 'almost everyday now, and on the days I don�t, I can hear Mimi telling me "its just 10 minutes" doh2

Everyone else doing the fabulosity thing?

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
C
C
Lil, you used my word!!!!!

Fabulosity!!!

hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray

I have fabulosity!!! I will be seeing The Diplomat for Thanksgiving and I will get to show off my fabulosity! dance2

H
H
I love this thread it is so funny

All GODDESSES should read some of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BW/FWW 34 (Harmony)
BH/WH 36

Feb 2009 - Affair starts, physical for 9 days on business trip.
Mar 2009 - Separate from H, live alone
Apr 2009 - realise I have made big mistake and attempt reconciliation with H, establish NC with OM.
Jun 2009 - H physical and emotional serial A start right upto present day.
Jul 2009 - NC with OM broken and becomes EA
Mar 2010 - H reads email and discovers A
Jul 2010 - Discover MB
Aug 2010 - Plan A starts
Oct 2010 - Plan B starts
H
H
Originally Posted by ChaiLover
OK, here's what I propose:

Week 1 - a new Goddess outfit of your choice. Sexy? Trendy? Sporty? You decide, but you must look like a knockout in it. NO spandex or sweats allowed.

Week 2 - New do. New cut, color and highlight. This MUST be a new cut too - not just a variation on what you've always had.

Week 3 - Manicure/Pedicure or both. Facial and massage optional

Week 4 - New makeup. At least new blush and eye shadow in updated colors.

Last week, put it all together and invite a friend to go out for dinner with you. See how everyone looks up when you walk in the restaurant.

Task for Mitzie and Hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lashes

BW/FWW 34 (Harmony)
BH/WH 36

Apr 2009 - realise I have made big mistake and attempt reconciliation with H, establish NC with OM.
Jul 2010 - Discover MB
Aug 2010 - Plan A starts
Oct 2010 - Plan B starts
H
H
Just LOVE this thread.

Ok its time to stop the whine (no not wine) and get up and get moving and be the Goddesses we are.

After lunch I will come back with some suggestions. In the meantime...

What are you doing today -- FOR YOURSELF...

lashes

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
H
H
OH its pamper time again!!

I love this thread too some of the stuff is sooo funny.

So today, I popped out to the shops in my lunch and bought a gorgeous peachy new lip gloss!!

Anyone else?

BW/FWW 34 (Harmony)
BH/WH 36

Jul 2010 - Discover MB
Aug 2010 - Plan A starts
Oct 2010 - Plan B starts
B
B
Helllooooo, Goddesses! I have a slightly different persona that some of you may connect with -- I call it my inner rockstar! And let me tell you, she is rocking the world full-force today! Some days I just need to break out the boots and let everyone know just what an amazing woman they are dealing with.
I highly recommend it!
cool

Me:BS40
WXH:42
DD15; DS13; DD6
D-day:6/30/08 & 10/25/08
WH moved out 9/15/08
D: 1/15/10

"So take that look out of here, it doesn't fit you, because it's happened, doesn't mean you've been discarded." -- Big Country from "In a Big Country."
"Keep calm and carry on." -- Winston Churchill
P
P
My self indulgent girly thaaaang ....

This is not a pic of me, but it is pretty close to what my HAIR TINSEL looks like on my "grey is the new blond" hair.
[Linked Image from chairsecrets.com]

At age 61, I get to do whatever the hail I wanna.

S
S
Nice to see this thread bumped up smile

Re skincare

I found a tip on a blog to use Colonial Dames Vitamin E oil as a moisturizer or overnight mask. OMG it makes the few deep forehead lines I have disappear. I also use it instead of eye cream. Affordable. Can buy it on ebay and amazon.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
M
I LOVE a good head on gray hair on a woman! You know, the gray/silver stuff - not so much the gray/yellow.

I hope I gray nicely...no more highlighting smile

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

H
H
Originally Posted by Pepperband
My self indulgent girly thaaaang ....

This is not a pic of me, but it is pretty close to what my HAIR TINSEL looks like on my "grey is the new blond" hair.

At age 61, I get to do whatever the hail I wanna.

I just saw this hair tinsel on Beverly Hills Housewives. One of them had this on their head. it is very pretty.

Hey BS, we have to love ourselves. If we don't how can we expect it from these crazy aliens.

I have been in the dumps, shed buckets of tears, and spent days in bed feeling sorry for myself. Very attractive ....NOT.

I was always the fat frumpy girl. Now I shop - FOR ME, I exercise FOR ME, I take time for myself.

I was out a few weeks ago and someone asked me if I had any new "love interests" and I said yes I do -- ME. I am in love with myself and it is wonderful.

Tip for today - homemade facial. 1 egg, 2 tablespoons honey, 1/2 teaspoon apple vinegar (not white), mix all together and leave on face till dry. Face glows!

More to follow...

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
H
H
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Nice to see this thread bumped up smile

Re skincare

I found a tip on a blog to use Colonial Dames Vitamin E oil as a moisturizer or overnight mask. OMG it makes the few deep forehead lines I have disappear. I also use it instead of eye cream. Affordable. Can buy it on ebay and amazon.

Susie, is this the actual oil or cream. There are 2 different types. Would like to try it.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

S
S
It is the oil...

I rub it on the forehead and pat around the eyes, let skin rest, and after a few minutes pat a light layer of serum like regenerist or burt's bees everywhere. I give it all a chance to absorb (5 mins or so) before putting on any makeup.

I am pretty amazed with the results. You can use it on lips or other chapped skin. Let me know your thoughts after you try it smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
For Goddesses looking to sneak in extra calorie burning here and there, if your kids/H have Kinect for xbox, try out Dance Central. (You can check out youtube video demonstrations) My sister has lost a couple lbs playing it. It is super fun...my kids and niece play too.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
E
E
Yo goddesses! Just got back from a quick trip to Ulta to do some goddess pruning (gotta do upkeep now n then).

They have minis of STRIVECTIN for 15 bucks! Enough for almost a month! Woo hoo! Originally 135 smackeroos!

I also went nuts there. Got the new eye booster serum which is physican's formula's version of latisse. The new version also can double as eyeliner and is only 10 bucks! I want super duper longer lashes!

I also got the makeup lady to help me with an updated lip look. So, got a rosy nude lip pencil (make sure it's just a little teeny bit darker than your natural lip color, none of the dark outline lip looks as that's yuck), then she showed me the most freakin' awesome lipstick in the world! It's called "lip of luxury" by too faced and even smells like champagne! used color called "free love" to fill in. Then swiped some of the bare escentuals buxom lips in Trixie on pout and upper to give some more shimmer and to plump more.

I swear though. That lipstick is the greatest ever! It isn't lip-stickey, is a little more substantial than gloss, and is just got the most glam rhinestone topped cap for putting on wherever you feel like it!

Just had to say, if you want a pinky/nude lip with oomph, that's the way to go! And used their coupon online on their site, printed it off and used it! (3.50 off)

Last edited by peachyisback; 02/04/11 06:57 PM.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
Page 102 of 102 1 2 100 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 279 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation