Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,383
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,383
We never did either. My H is anti M counseling, and anti IC for himself. I think his perception of it is mostly what holds him back. I've never gone through any kind of IC, but am still considering it.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 52
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 52
The IC that I've done, to date, is with my regular doc. My H's is with his sponsor. My doc is of the opinion that anyone working towards self improvement, alongside someone that is able to help on a professional level, is going through IC.

It sounds like you and I are in the same boat to a degree. My H seems to do better than I do. He's more concerned that I won't be able to get over this and move on than his ability to do so.

How is your relationship with your H these days? I was surprised. Very quickly my relationship with my H was in a good place. We have bad moments, don't get me wrong. But, I was amazed at his ability to still love me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 301 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0