Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
medc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Where did this thread go. I saw that it was locked...WHY was it deleted? Moderators...please answer as to what has been done regarding this issue. This person, if the story is true, represents a real danger to that child.

Please tell me this is NOT being ignored and that the authorities have been notified.

In this instance...with my experience...I know what needs to be done.

Last edited by mkeverydaycnt; 04/16/08 05:13 PM.
G
G
Yeah, it was locked. Is it strange that they would take it off the board? I would like to think they at least alerted authorities to check on the validity of the story, even though I cant see how they could prove anything. But, you know how its done, I don't.

M
medc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
proof isn't the issue here. Making someone local aware of what has happened is what is most important.

Last edited by mkeverydaycnt; 04/16/08 12:45 PM.
L
L
Danielle van Dam's Parents' Sexual 'Swinging' Puts Her In Danger

Interesting reading. A 2002 case - sad.

Not quite the same situation, but I started thinking again about how the OW in this story doesn't have custody of her own children but full access to swingIssues' child.

swingIssues hasn't posted much, and doesn't return to answer many pointed questions. I'm hoping she IS a troll, worrying that this is real is messing with my mind.

Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.
H
H
My guess is that the thread wasn't a real story and therefore the moderators felt it appropriate to delete.

I have a feeling that if someone on this thread demonstrates a threat to a child, MB would be responsible enough to report.

BW 37 (Me).
F?WH 35.
06/97 Married.
Three sons...4, 5, and 7.
06/04 EA begins (Unknown to me).
02/10/05 D-Day EA (Unknown PA).
02/24/08 D-Day LTA 3+ YEARS! (same OW).

M
medc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I have a feeling that if someone on this thread demonstrates a threat to a child, MB would be responsible enough to report

I don't assume that...this information would need to be checked out in person. There is no possible way to verify the safety of a child over the internet. To me, silence means that nothing is being done.

H
H
How can we confirm any of the information?

I am a mandatory reporter, but with the limited amount of information you get on a forum like this, there's nothing I could do.

It's in the hands of the moderators and MB. Hopefully, they will step up and then also have the courtesy to tell us what has transpired. But in reality, we may never know.

BW 37 (Me).
F?WH 35.
06/97 Married.
Three sons...4, 5, and 7.
06/04 EA begins (Unknown to me).
02/10/05 D-Day EA (Unknown PA).
02/24/08 D-Day LTA 3+ YEARS! (same OW).

M
medc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
WE can't conform anything. The police can as they CAN track someone by their IP address.

P
P
Can they still do that even if someone has a dynamic (I think that's the word) IP as opposed to a static IP?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
B
Yes, if you have a timestamp and an IP address logged, the police can take that information to the originating ISP. Then the ISP looks up the IP address and timestamp in *their* DHCP logs, and can tell you exactly which of their customers made the post.

What I don't know is the time lag and procedure required for the police to get the information from an ISP. I don't know if the police have to get a warrant, or what the constitutional protections are on ISP logs, or that sort of thing. I assume it's done all the time but I just don't know how.

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
C
C
Originally Posted by mkeverydaycnt
WHY was it deleted?

The thread was locked pending the original poster's response to me. Which is private and will not not be discussed.

Later, the thread was removed (not deleted) because of member complaints concerning off topic comments which were offensive to some members.

End of story.

c00per

M
medc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
well, actually..the end of the story is, if nothing has been done in regards to this...and I mean directly to authorities...*********EDIT********. Unless this has been checked out...IN PERSON...you have no clue as to whether a child is in danger or not.

************edit*********

Last edited by JustUss; 04/16/08 07:16 PM.
L
L
*edit*

Last edited by c00per; 04/16/08 09:31 PM. Reason: BA
K
K
I sincerely hope that the OP did not lie their way out of trouble. Their story changed drastically to minimize their own involvement in a few short posts. It would be terrible if they've somehow convinced someone in the position to help a child, to step away and do nothing. I hope and pray that OP has not manipulated anyone from MB who is well-meaning and kindhearted.

M
medc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Since this site is run by and monitored by a licensed doctor...I suspect there is a gray area as to whether a legal obligation exists to report possible cases of child abuse.

In terms of my comments regarding the moderator...I stated a fact...a failure to act on this shows a clear lack of knowledge and common sense in regards to this type of issue. Being more concerned about someones signature line than taking a stand against potential child abuse is unconscionable. I worked as a cop and now work with abuse victims. I speak from a position of knowledge.

Last edited by mkeverydaycnt; 04/16/08 08:28 PM.
L
L
*edit*

Last edited by c00per; 04/16/08 09:29 PM. Reason: BA
K
K
Originally Posted by LoggedIn21
Being more concerned about someones signature line than taking a stand against potential child abuse is unconscionable.

Okay, I guess this is personal.

Originally Posted by mkeverydaycnt
Since this site is run by and monitored by a licensed doctor...I suspect there is a gray area as to whether a legal obligation exists to report possible cases of child abuse.

I am reasonably sure there is no grey area. There is no client-doctor relationship, thus, no obligation or legal duties to do anything. That's the US law. Say, if you're a Olympic winner for swimming, and you saw your own mother drawning in the her own backyard pool. You got some popcorn and sit there and watch and do nothing. Believe it or not, no one can charge you or sue you.

We are not interested in any of your very UNmarriage building ideas. Please go troll somewhere else.

M
medc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
nope, not personal... never was asked to change my sig line.

I don't think your interpretation of the law is accurate. It might be...but I do not believe it. Either way, I am certain that Dr. H does not want this site in anyway linked to a tolerance for this type of behavior.

M
medc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well, at least BA agrees with the actions not taken!

L
L
*edit*

Last edited by c00per; 04/16/08 09:30 PM. Reason: BA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 463 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation