Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#2060526 05/19/08 04:21 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Ok, I know I shouldn't be.

Believer's words are echoing in my head "the affair always ends, the affair always ends...."

Well, I got the news today that my ex and ow are no more! His parents are in town from wayyyy out of state and are here to help him find a place to live as right now he has none. (the house they lived in was hers).

I should have put it together. About 2 months ago I was told she was cheating on him. Then my son saw her in her car with another guy. My ex just got back from 6 weeks of military training and his homeless.

So.... WTF IS WRONG WITH ME? I wish I could say I am dancing for joy. Wish I could finally say "what comes around goes around you piece of sh*t" Instead, I feel kind of sad. Sad because my kids had a relationship with this woman and her family. And now they will be dealing with another break up. THAT IS WHY I NEVER WANTED HER AROUND THEM. I am not going to say anything to my ex about it. Whether or not he will, I doubt it. I am sure he thinks it is none of my business and that I would just throw it in his face. The only thing I would like to say to him is this "I hope she was worth it". If it was not for her, I probably would have let him stay living here and would have kept trying to work on things. But she was the straw that broke the camels back.

Part of me thought he was pushing for this divorce all of a sudden because they were going to get married. Boy was I wrong.

I feel strange about this and don't know why. I am not feeling the cat that ate the bird kind of satisfaction I thought I would.

And I will kill her if she is EVER around my children again.

I don't expect him to want to come back. There is way too much water under the bridge and wayyy too much anger at each other still. (mostly him at me).

So, there you have it.
Another affair blown to smithereens!

mlhb

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

M
OP Offline
M
and I should add that even if he did want to come back, it is wayyyy too late for that!

mlhb

B
B
You may gloat in private but you're too big of a person to tell him "I told you so." It really wouldn't serve any purpose to do so.

Once a cheater, always a cheater, the leopard does not lose its spots.

You know what to do.

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
H
H
I am sorry to hear of your pain.

I just read another post with the exact same reaction you had after the WSs relationship ended with OP. It sounds like it's natural to feel that sadness. The post was "Yes, they really do end...for perseverance," I think.

Your H was willing to give up his entire life for OW and now, the thing that destroyed your M is gone and all there is to show for it is the destruction.

I think that IS very sad. I am sorry.

BW 37 (Me).
F?WH 35.
06/97 Married.
Three sons...4, 5, and 7.
06/04 EA begins (Unknown to me).
02/10/05 D-Day EA (Unknown PA).
02/24/08 D-Day LTA 3+ YEARS! (same OW).

M
M
another "soul mate" bites da dust! **snort** laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
i'm not even gloating at all booka.

i am actually kind of angry.

that whore of his put me through hell. and my kids. she was the one that did wrong and yet she was a total and utter b*tch to me! tried to cause me to lose my job last year and everything.

all of the pain and heartache. at the time i found out about her i was actually working my a** off to make our marriage work. my inlaws were even helping me.

but he chose her over his family and everything else.

and now they don't even last.

it was ALL FOR NOTHING!

like i said, i sure hope she was worth it.

mlhb

B
B
Affairs almost never result in a long stable marriage. Almost NEVER.

Plan A & Plan B are all about the BS retaining what shred of love they have for the WS long enough for the A to smash as almost all of them do.

In this case MLHB you lost all love for him a looong time ago.

And they call them " love " affairs. Isn't " sadness affairs" more appropriate ?

All blessings

MB Alumni
V
V
At least you seem to be in a better place now. I bet it will eat him up that he gave up his family for something that didn't last. He will be the one to regret everything, not you.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
S
S
mlhb,

You have been around here long enough to know that this is the typical behavior of two people who built a so called relationship surounded by lies and deceipt and cheating. And yes, your exh has finally reaped the fruits of his sin.

Don't mean to sound bitter, considering your feelings, but he has finally found out the pain of infidelity. Kinda tough when the shoe is on the other foot, so to speak.

As was true in plan B, you should not involve yourself with his darama and trauma. Keep it all as far from you as you can. Re-read your own sig line. And NEVER let your kids near this adulteress again! They will only learn horrible lessons in life from her.

Protect yourself and your kids from the drama. You and they no longer own any of this.

All Blessings,
Jerry

M
OP Offline
M
his affair lasted from october of 2004 through now. 3.5 years.
there is NO WAY i could have plan b'd that long.

i have no fear that he will want to come back. he has no love for me at all. we barely speak.

and my love is LONG gone.

what a waste.

mlhb

B
B
And a little anger at the OW's expense is not such a bad thing in my book. Lives are changed severely and in some cases ruined and for what? It's doesn't all make sense other than the fact that we are constantly being tested. All of this is part of a journey to move us on to be the best people when can be. Heaven knows, we've already seen enough bad behavior by our exes!

W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
S
S
My marriage may not have made it, but I am a success story.

So do the next right thing, and keep it that way.

All Blessings,
Jerry

M
OP Offline
M
oh, i plan to be the bigger person.

i am better than both of them put together.

mlhb

S
S
oh, i plan to be the bigger person.

i am better than both of them put together

PUT A DOUBLE EXCLAMATION POINT ON THAT WOMEN !!

B
B
MHLB - My ex's affair was 3.5 years too. And when it ended, it took him another 7 months to defog. But now he is back to the way he was. Yours will get there too. And at least it will be more pleasant when you HAVE to see him.

B
B
Michelle,

You are better than both. Now we're talking!

I'll post this thought to believer, what worked for your husband may represent a minority solution. Others may continue on in the fog from one affair to another, never becoming a whole person on their own and alway dependent upon someone else to derive their self-worth from. The fog may be permanent.

C
C
mlhb,

Well, there you have it. I guess they do all come to an end sometime. I know that when I recently heard that my WH was not with OW, I felt the same way. Believer said that she also experienced similar feelings - like it was all for not.

That's the sadness that I feel too, like all of this heartache and pain for really for nothing.

Too much water under the bridge? Yes, I believe that sometimes there just is.

(((((mlhb)))

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
P
P
I'll gloat for you! laugh

My own XW just days after our divorce was final, lost her job and just weeks ago she lost the house she so coveted and now has moved back in with her father. OM dumped her the moment I exposed to his wifey. To save face, my wife dumped me on the side of the road crippled and filed for divorce.

Yes I'm gloating.

No, I will NEVER take that toxic harpy back ever.

Yes, I too feel the sadness over my destroyed family and will never get to seem my SS again.

Some days I want to pound OM into a greasy spot on the pavement and others I want to send him a thank you card.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
F
F
mlhb,

The good old vicarious Southern Fried, smothered in mushroom milk gravy.....

G L O A T ! ! !

I know, it's crude to eat by yourself, so I just put a large helping out there for all to nibble on if they're the teensie bit hungry or raveonous for rate gloat.

Anybody know where I can shoot another rare mountain gloat? wink

M
M
(((((mlhb))))) Sounds like you might need one of those!

Originally Posted by booka
Once a cheater, always a cheater, the leopard does not lose its spots.

Booka...That is NOT true...People can and do change...

For the sake of mlhb's children I sure hope that her ex does...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation