Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
P
OP Offline
P
I saw this movie over the weekend with my DIL. My husband and our son saw "Hulk". Anyways, there was an issue of adultery and I was very surprised at the way it turned out. Without giving it away, did anyone else see this movie?

Last edited by princessmeggy; 06/18/08 09:11 PM. Reason: changed title b/c of debate

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
I
iam Offline
I
I only know that show from what I've read.

Is it filled with casual sex, adultery, women who have no respect for their bodies or others?

Sounds like your husband and son saw a better film.

P
P
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
did anyone else see this movie?

I did

C
C
There is a "spoiler alert" feature available - I've seen someone use it.

I'm interested to know how it turned out in the movie, but like probably most men, I have zero interest in sitting thru the movie itself. I wouldn't mind at all if you post how it turned out... wink

Last edited by CuthbertCalculus; 06/17/08 03:39 PM.

Me: 41, INFP
Her: 46, ESFJ
Married 6/95
B-G Twins
4 yrs recovered from serious neglect on my part.
So happy together!
P
P
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
I was very surprised at the way it turned out.

It turned out the way I thought it might.

it's about forgiveness

D
D
Originally Posted by iam
I only know that show from what I've read.

Is it filled with casual sex, adultery, women who have no respect for their bodies or others?

Sounds like your husband and son saw a better film.

I saw the previews for the Hulk. Isn't there a different actor playing Bruce Banner?

The first Hulk was good but LOOOONNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!!! Too long! All of us had butt-aches!

I used to watch SATC. It did get a little gross at times. Samantha was the worst of the crowd. Ewww!!

I haven't been paying much attention to movies or TV. Movies are a trigger but that is going to be conquered in July because I am NOT missing the new X-Files movie on the big screen!!!!!

WOOOO-HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Scullllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

M
M
I'm not sure why it would surprise anyone that this movie contained casual and adulterous sex...the show centered around four skanks that slept their way through episode after episode.

S
S
Originally Posted by medc
I'm not sure why it would surprise anyone that this movie contained casual and adulterous sex...the show centered around four skanks that slept their way through episode after episode.

I would have to agree with medc (or whoever he is being today wink ) on this one. I have not ever even watched the TV show. Just seeing the previews told me it was a show i would not cae for even pre-A.

Last edited by Still_Crazy; 06/17/08 04:06 PM.
I
I
That explains why W went to the movie, and left the theatre to text me half way through the film.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth"

Henry David Thoreau
C
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband
It turned out the way I thought it might.

After reading your spoiler, I have to say it sounds like it did NOT turn out the way I would have assumed it might...

Interesting...

Me: 41, INFP
Her: 46, ESFJ
Married 6/95
B-G Twins
4 yrs recovered from serious neglect on my part.
So happy together!
M
M
I saw the movie...I liked parts of it, BUT I had to go in KNOWING that I had to turn-off my "MB Filter" - that is impossible btw. I even dream in MB terminology now days! grin

I went to see it because I had watched the entire series pre-affair, and my view of the show since then has changed dramatically...I had hopes that they would "make it right"...Curiosity was killing me! wink

Here was the major problem I had going in:

"Big" and "Carrie" were an affair relationship...She had been the OW in his marriage! Doesn't anyone recall that in the series, "Big" was married to "Natasha" and began an affair with "Carrie"?

Dday went like this: "Big" went to work and left "Carrie" in his and "Natasha's" apartment..."Natasha" was out of town and wasn't due back for a few days...As "Carrie" was traipsing around the marital home, "Natasha" came home early, and saw her..."Carrie" took off running down the stairs..."Natasha" began to follow, only she ended up falling down the stairs and busting out some of her teeth! She had to go and be treated at the hospital. "Carrie" goes to the hospital too, gets her chance to see "Big", explain what happened and "break-up" with him...Obviously, the damage was done..."Big" and "Natasha" divorced a short time later...The series ended with the "joyful reuniting" of the affair partners...sick

It was a SICK situation, and I was hopeful that the movie would rectify that...

Unfortunately, it did NOT...In the movie, "Big" and "Carrie" do end up in an "affairage"...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
I had no interest in the movie to begin with. After reading what the show was about and seeing the spoiler, I DEFINITELY HAVE NO INTERST IN SEEING IT.

God first, family second, and all else will fall into place.

L
L
Having read all the spoilers and comments here...I'm gonna give it a miss thanx

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
M
M
"Big" and "Carrie" were an affair relationship...She had been the OW in his marriage! Doesn't anyone recall that in the series, "Big" was married to "Natasha" and began an affair with "Carrie"?

I THINK..I'm pretty sure...he broke up with Carrie and MARRIED Natasha...she didn't know he was the marrying kind...he kept refusing to MARRY her...which broke Carrie's heart and she still went back to him...since she felt he had learned his lesson...that he REALLY loved her...

Are you sure you are starting from DAY 1 of the series..cause I started from DAY 1...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
I
iam Offline
I
Maybe it just me but hearing about people touched by infidelity making infidelity OK on film just turns my stomach.

But that's just me.

M
M
You gotta understand...I've followed Carrie since the beginning..and SHE did not have AN AFFAIR with BIG...I DON'T THINK..but I'm pretty sure if I THOUGHT she did that I wouldn't still LIKE her...

There's parts of ME in CARRIE...

I mean..the WOMAN LOVES SHOES AND PURSES...

I don't like BIG..he's a sleaze..but I LIKE CARRIE...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
Originally Posted by mimi_here

I THINK..I'm pretty sure...he broke up with Carrie and MARRIED Natasha...she didn't know he was the marrying kind...he kept refusing to MARRY her...which broke Carrie's heart and she still went back to him...since she felt he had learned his lesson...that he REALLY loved her...

Are you sure you are starting from DAY 1 of the series..cause I started from DAY 1...

Well yes Mimi, Big had dated Carrie before he met and married Natasha...He chose Natasha...He married her...She was his rightful wife...He committed adultery with Carrie...It doesn't matter that he had dated her before...

I had dated OM off and on for 9 years prior to having an affair with him...I chose to marry Mr. W (best decision of my life, btw)...It didn't matter one whit that I had dated OM first - I committed adultery with OM...Mr. W was my rightful husband...What I did was wrong and horrible...

Same situation with Carrie and Big, wouldn't you agree?

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

I
iam Offline
I
Originally Posted by mimi_here
You gotta understand...I've followed Carrie since the beginning..and SHE did not have AN AFFAIR with BIG...I DON'T THINK..but I'm pretty sure if I THOUGHT she did that I wouldn't still LIKE her...

There's parts of ME in CARRIE...

I mean..the WOMAN LOVES SHOES AND PURSES...

I don't like BIG..he's a sleaze..but I LIKE CARRIE...

I'm sorry, you're trying to convince the wrong person. I find films/shows like these that endorse adultery, fornication and lacking respect of womanhood to be disgusting.

If that's your 'escape' good luck to you. To me it's an instruction book for infidelity!

M
M
IAM, I respect your opinion and you being yourself..It takes all kinds..

Anyways...Big was NOT MARRIED when Carrie started dating him...

Synopsis of Season 1: Episode 8 of Sex and the City

J
J
mimi, I've been there from Day 1 too and like you, have lots of ties to the series.

Knowing, of course, that it's TV & fantasy & a bit of vicariousness (sp?).

YES, Big cheated on Natasha w/Carrie. She came home & ran out, Carrie ran after her wishing to apologize or something, and she fell down the stairs.

I LOVED how they played Steve's "affair" and how they DID THE RIGHT THING in the end. But you see, these are people I "know" & have "known" for a long time.

It's TV, movie, fantasy...and I LOVE it!!

LIFE IS GOOD
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 239 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation