Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
M
M
Mimi - 7, 8 years? And you just write her off? Surely you sat thru that episode??

Wonder why I've drawn A BLANK on that particular EPISODE????

No, I've not EXACTLY written her off..

There's still LOTS of me in CARRIE...

It's so FUN to see parts of YOU in a CHARACTER...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
N
N
Originally Posted by The_REAL_Batman
Charlotte (NOT derived from SATC Charlotte. LOL!!)

LMAO.....That is EXACTLY what I thought when Mimi posted to me above. ......

Anyway, I still say it is not an AFFAIRAGE.....Carrie was very remorseful for the whole thing....BAD.....I guess if I look at it through her eyes, I can see how it was (a tinsy tiny bit) for the BOW in my sitch. oh well......

not2fun

M
M
From Wikipedia:

Carrie eventually falls in love with him (Big), despite his frequent displays of commitment and intimacy phobias. She repeatedly returns to the relationship even though he is clearly emotionally unavailable to her and unable to meet her needs. They break up twice, over the course of two years, for those reasons, before Mr. Big marries a twenty-something socialite and former Ralph Lauren model named Natasha (Bridget Moynahan) after dating her for only five months. This has a profoundly negative effect on Carrie's self-esteem.

Within seven months of his marriage, he begins to pine for Carrie and initiates an affair with her. Carrie, who is in a committed relationship (with Aidan Shaw) at the time, feels guilty but continues to see Big. The affair continues until Natasha discovers Carrie fleeing from the marital apartment. Natasha accidentally falls and breaks her tooth while chasing after Carrie, who ends up taking Natasha to the emergency room. As a result, Carrie ends the affair. Carrie later finds out that Mr. Big and Natasha divorce.

Mr. Big and Carrie eventually manage to become friends. He relocates to Napa Valley, and they are able to discuss their other on-going relationships with each other. But their sexual chemistry always remains just below the surface, and their friendship never remains strictly platonic.

Full article HERE...

So yes, it is an affair marriage...Natasha divorced Big BECAUSE of the affair...Can't get any plainer than that imo...

Yes, I realize that it's "just a movie/t.v.", but it is NOT a good thing that Hollywood romanticizes adultery...The more people are exposed to sin being glorified the more numb they become to it...That is a very dangerous thing, imo...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
SERIOUSLY..NOW...

I think UNFAITHFUL accurately portrays the affair ADDICTION and the former wayward's thoughts about WHAT IF...and how DANGEROUS it can be...

I THINK I SAW A COUPLE RENDEZVOUSING on a back street on one of my shortcuts today...

After I passed by, they got in their separate cars and tried to race by me on the road...maybe they thought I knew them and was following or something...

I'M STILL UTTERLY DISGUSTED...WHAT A TRIGGER..They were kissing and then she looked in the mirror to try to put herself back together....YUCK....

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
D
D
LMAO.....That is EXACTLY what I thought when Mimi posted to me above. ......

LOL!!! Yeah, that got me for a minute, too.

M
M
Carrie...****edit**** bad person that slept around a lot...even married men

Miranda...****edit**** bad person, slept around a lot

Charlotte...****edit****adulteress and promiscuous

Samantha...biggest ****edit****prostitute, threesomes, adulteress

People that excuse ****edit**** behavior...even on screen... sick

These girls had more stuck in them than a porcupine has them sticking out!

Last edited by medc; 06/17/08 10:13 PM.
D
D
Originally Posted by mimi_here
SERIOUSLY..NOW...

I think UNFAITHFUL accurately portrays the affair ADDICTION and the former wayward's thoughts about WHAT IF...and how DANGEROUS it can be...

I THINK I SAW A COUPLE RENDEZVOUSING on a back street on one of my shortcuts today...

After I passed by, they got in their separate cars and tried to race by me on the road...maybe they thought I knew them and was following or something...

I'M STILL UTTERLY DISGUSTED...WHAT A TRIGGER..They were kissing and then she looked in the mirror to try to put herself back together....YUCK....

How old were they? Are you sure they weren't a couple of kids who weren't supposed to be together because their parents forbid them to see each other?

Just throwing another scenario in!

Yeah, one day I was leaving for dance class and there was this SUV parked on my corner all [censored]-eyed. The people were talking and I thought they were in trouble because their emergency flashers were on.

By the time I got in my car and drove around to the driver's side of the SUV they were making out. I was like, okay, I guess my yard must be romantic. LMAO!! Yeah, with all of the dry grass and stuff.

Yeah, Unfaithful...that reminds me...someone said something a couple of weeks ago about Richard Gere's character getting away with murder blah blah blah but I remember at the end they were parked in front of the police station and they were kissing goodbye because he was about to turn himself in. Were there two different endings? That happens sometimes.

Charlotte

B
B
Yes - that was the alternate ending.

Last edited by bigkahuna; 06/17/08 10:09 PM.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
D
D
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
From Wikipedia:

Carrie eventually falls in love with him (Big), despite his frequent displays of commitment and intimacy phobias. She repeatedly returns to the relationship even though he is clearly emotionally unavailable to her and unable to meet her needs. They break up twice, over the course of two years, for those reasons, before Mr. Big marries a twenty-something socialite and former Ralph Lauren model named Natasha (Bridget Moynahan) after dating her for only five months. This has a profoundly negative effect on Carrie's self-esteem.

Within seven months of his marriage, he begins to pine for Carrie and initiates an affair with her. Carrie, who is in a committed relationship (with Aidan Shaw) at the time, feels guilty but continues to see Big. The affair continues until Natasha discovers Carrie fleeing from the marital apartment. Natasha accidentally falls and breaks her tooth while chasing after Carrie, who ends up taking Natasha to the emergency room. As a result, Carrie ends the affair. Carrie later finds out that Mr. Big and Natasha divorce.

Mr. Big and Carrie eventually manage to become friends. He relocates to Napa Valley, and they are able to discuss their other on-going relationships with each other. But their sexual chemistry always remains just below the surface, and their friendship never remains strictly platonic.

Full article HERE...

So yes, it is an affair marriage...Natasha divorced Big BECAUSE of the affair...Can't get any plainer than that imo...

Yes, I realize that it's "just a movie/t.v.", but it is NOT a good thing that Hollywood romanticizes adultery...The more people are exposed to sin being glorified the more numb they become to it...That is a very dangerous thing, imo...

Mrs. W

Still not how I'm remembering it from watching. Who wrote the Wiki article, anyway?

BTW-whatever happened with "Blaze?" Did you get to read it? I read it again last week. Just to see how my emotions were because the last time I read it was after D-day.

Charlotte

M
M
MB..where you can't call a ****edit**** by it s true name.

Last edited by Dufresne; 06/17/08 10:21 PM. Reason: can't say that either MEDC
D
D
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
Yes - that was the alternate ending.

Thanks Big K.

Dang! Now I want to see the other ending! Oh well, someday.

Charlotte

B
B
Originally Posted by not2fun
Anyway, I still say it is not an AFFAIRAGE.....Carrie was very remorseful for the whole thing....BAD.....I guess if I look at it through her eyes, I can see how it was (a tinsy tiny bit) for the BOW in my sitch. oh well......

So if you divorce your husband and he marries the OW... as long as the OW is "oh so sorry" will you then feel that it isn't an affair marriage?

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
Anyway, I still say it is not an AFFAIRAGE.....Carrie was very remorseful for the whole thing....

sick
sick
sick

M
M
Edit Reason: can't say that either MEDC

How about "walking STD"

funny on a site called Marriage Builders one can openly admire women that slept with more men than a lot of hookers..and yet calling a person of that "quality" by the very name that they have earned gets an edit.

Quite the place this has become...although I must say, it does add some comic relief at times.

E
E
I watched the series and HATED the way it ended. It sounds like they don't right the wrong in the movie.

Carrie met an available Big when she was available. He goes to Paris and comes back married to Natasha. Carrie finds this out when the newlyweds show up at a party in the Hamptons, and she ends up sick on the beach over it. She finds a great guy in Aiden, then starts an affair with Big knowing full well that he is married and that she is part of what is supposed to be a committed relationship. Once she decides it's over (after Natasha catches her in the apartment and falls chasing her), she confesses what she has done to Aiden. He rightfully ends the most decent relationship she had in the show. He later gives her a second chance, and she breaks his heart again. She then gets involved with the Russian, and Big "saves" her from that in Paris. I thought it was crazy that they got back together.

J
J
Originally Posted by medc
funny on a site called Marriage Builders one can openly admire women that slept with more men than a lot of hookers..and yet calling a person of that "quality" by the very name that they have earned gets an edit.

Quite the place this has become...although I must say, it does add some comic relief at times.

To be fair, it's an open/public forum.

AND, more importantly me thinks, we were ALL different people "back then" - years ago...so considering who I've grown into now (with much more growing to do, I'm sure) I really appreciate where they took the relationships in the movie. Admittedly, I'd still love them, no matter what. smile

LIFE IS GOOD
I
iam Offline
I
oh come on Guys.....its a movie....besides we all know LOTS OF PEOPLE here LOVED "Unfaithful"....especially Diane Lane's part.....

not2fun

Actually, I had to leave the theater after only seeing the preview. I was physically sick.

M
M
oh come on Guys.....its a movie....besides we all know LOTS OF PEOPLE here LOVED "Unfaithful"....especially Diane Lane's part.....

not2fun

Not because we admired her, but because it accurately portrayed the addicted, sick mind of a wayward and the devastation of an affair. We liked it because it was REALISTIC, not because it glorified adultery. Ask folks here if they "love" Bridges of Madison County... sick

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
OP Offline
P
Wow, I started this thread yesterday before I left work and came back this morning to read all the hoo-ha. I had no idea about the history of Big and Carrie before I saw the movie. That part of the movie didn't really "move" me anyway.

The part that impressed me was about Miranda and Steve and how that turned out.

Anyways, I loved, loved, loved the clothes and I'm not even a clothes horse. Did anyone else notice the shoes Samantha was wearing with her sushi? LOL

The scene that made me spew my popcorn was when they were laying out at the resort.

It's definitely a chick flick. I think I saw two guys in the whole theatre and they looked really uncomfortable. After the movie, I'm SURE they were. LOL!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
J
J
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
It's definitely a chick flick. I think I saw two guys in the whole theatre and they looked really uncomfortable. After the movie, I'm SURE they were. LOL!

Funny you mention. I went w/a group of girlfriends as did most in the theater, and only spotted a few men, but kept thinking to myself how wrong it was - it should have been H I went to see it with. It was our show & he took the flack from the boys with pride. We both LOVED every season. We used to turn off the phones & make sure kids were on lockdown so we didn't miss a scene. Ah, the good ol' days.

LIFE IS GOOD
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 249 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation