Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
K
K
I wouldn't let my W hang out with any of those 4 women! laugh

It's odd how most TV shows/movies that include infidelity are avoided like the plague by BSs, but I've seen one justification after another why this one's OK.

Did we just stumble upon a "Sex In The City Fog"?

Divorced
M
M

MAY BE...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
It's odd how most TV shows/movies that include infidelity are avoided like the plague by BSs, but I've seen one justification after another why this one's OK.

I didn't experience the show as being about INFIDELTIY...Broken Record...Acknowledging my FOGGINESS...

I "LOVED" THAT SHOW...

I don't think IT HURT anyone for me to look at it...

I also like KIMORA LEE SIMMONS...
KIMORA

She's a REAL woman with CLOSET ISSUES, too....

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Okay, we got it MEDC.

thanks for letting me know. I will continue to comment though as I see fit.

P
P
Originally Posted by mimi_here

MAY BE...

this is too funny - I love it when the discussion is about something that did not happen in this movie laugh

It is TRUE this MOVIE has an adultery situation - the WH makes a confession to his BW - she is completely blind sided
she kicks him to the curb
he is desperate to reconcile
he's remorseful
he's genuine
he is willing to do whatever it takes for as long as it takes
he gives no excuses

WH is not a scum-bag. He wilts with guilt and remorse.

BW remains in the "strike one you're out" camp - and hardens her heart, almost against her own will.

WH's adultery is not glamorized
His adultery is shown to be a destructive, painful, wrong decision that he pays a high price for.

Their child suffers as well.

There is a secondary theme of forgiveness - which is paid off in the end of the movie.

Very MB-ish , if you ask me.

Pep grin

Last edited by Pepperband; 06/18/08 05:35 PM. Reason: let's develop an opinion without facts - shall we ?
M
M
you crack me up Pep...the entire show was about illicit sex....it included adultery...by all but one of the main characters...it included group sex, lesbian sex, public sex...it had its main characters screwing everything under the sun...and yet, YOU find the movie to be one that is consistent with MB principles. Too funny...in a pathetic kind of way.

Last edited by medc; 06/18/08 05:42 PM.
D
D
Originally Posted by medc
you crack me up Pep...the entire show was about illicit sex....it included adultery...by all but one of the main characters...it included group sex, lesbian sex, public sex...it had its main characters screwing everything under the sun...and yet, YOU find the movie to be one that is consistent with MB principles. Too funny...in a pathetic kind of way.

Oh, secret fan, eh?

whistle

M
M

P
P
see title:

OT - Sex in the City Movie - adultery

I am discussing this movie and the adultery shown in this movie because that is the stated subject.

I am discussing this movie, because I saw it, and therefore I have formed my opinions about the adultery in this movie after actually watching this movie.

Glad to be of service grin

Pep

M
M
yeah...well, I guess others that have seen it...reviewed it and considered it to be an extension of the horrid TV show must be wrong. Oh wait....that's right, they changed the whole theme to be one that is wholesome now...NOT.

P
P
I might mention - one character experiences diarrhea and "Montezuma's revenge" in this movie.

I doubt the writer intended this movie to take a pro-diarrhea stance !
grin

I do think, however, there is a definite pro-waxing theme !

bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pep

Last edited by Pepperband; 06/18/08 05:58 PM. Reason: bathing suit season is upon us ladies
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Okay, we got it MEDC.

thanks for letting me know. I will continue to comment though as I see fit.

and I wouldn't expect anthing less smile

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
one that is wholesome now...NOT.

You are correct - this is not a totally wholesome movie.
It is R rated.
Nor is it pro-adultery.

The Panda movie is totally wholesome - and is actually a better made film.

Pep

M
M
Sex and the City also revels in sex talk and sexual gossip. The girls regularly dish about their sexual exploits to each other, including details about how often they bed their partners. Gritty slang abounds and sexual topics include oral sex, orgasms (which we hear), pubic hair (which we see), erections (which we're tricked into thinking we're seeing), semen, adultery, sexual boredom, and gay relationships and marriage. (We see two kisses shared by men.)

As Carrie prepares for her wedding, Charlotte often includes young Lily in the festivities. This makes her privy to sexual banter that's inappropriate for 45-year-olds, much less 5-year-olds. Mimicking what she hears, Lily picks up Carrie's ringing cell phone and answers, "Sex."

from the cited review...hello... Christian's????

The danger of Sex and the City isn't so much that every viewer will become like Lisa and start turning themselves into a carbon copy of Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda or Samantha, but that we'll all become just a little bit more comfortable with our own sinful selves.

I think this speaks well to Bobp's point.

P
P
Yep - it's an R rated movie alright -

but it is not pro adultery

Pep

I
iam Offline
I
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I might mention - one character experiences diarrhea and "Montezuma's revenge" in this movie.

I doubt the writer intended this movie to take a pro-diarrhea stance !
grin

I do think, however, there is a definite pro-waxing theme !

bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pep

What an infantile response.

M
M
you noticed that too huh?

P
P
Originally Posted by iam
What an infantile response.

Indeed - but perhaps just childishly playful cool and relying on nonsense to break tension

Pep

M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Yep - it's an R rated movie alright -

but it is not pro adultery

Pep

hmmm...the entire show was pro adultery...Gee...what changed? Hypocrisy??? Oh, one of the poor characters was now the victim so it makes it seem serious??? But when others were being victimized, it was portrayed as fun and part of the normal workings of the show. Samantha would brag about sleeping with married men and none of her friends seemed to give a hoot...but it happens to one of them...oh, poor, poor girl.

D
D
[quote]Sex and the City also revels in sex talk and sexual gossip. The girls regularly dish about their sexual exploits to each other, including details about how often they bed their partners. Gritty slang abounds and sexual topics include oral sex, orgasms (which we hear), pubic hair (which we see), erections (which we're tricked into thinking we're seeing), semen, adultery, sexual boredom, and gay relationships and marriage. (We see two kisses shared by men.)

Wow, you got all that in but you couldn't use the "w" word yesterday?

Gee!!

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 101 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
peppa, RP4280, Philip Pitre, ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg
71,872 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Spying on Wife's phone without getting caught?
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 08:59 PM
Depression
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 11:19 AM
Separated/Dating
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:58 PM
Child activities
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:56 PM
Loss of libido/Sexual Attraction
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:10 AM
Involucrar o no a la familia por apoyo
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:09 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,607
Posts2,323,424
Members71,872
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation