Thank you to all who read my tribute to my father. He is with the Lord now, as the Lord is faithful to all of His promises to those who know Christ as their Lord and Savior.

keepitreal - Yes, he went to be with the Lord the evening of June 18th. Thank you for your thoughts.

sexymamabear - Thank you for your words, he was a wonderful example to all of us of what a husband and father should be, and I consider myself blessed to have been one of his children.

Eph525 - Thank you. Death IS swallowed up in victory because God IS love and has given us, as our Father, His Son and His Holy Spirit. We are not alone.

tucktummy - Loss is always painful. "No pain, no gain" as the saying goes. With God, the gain is eternal and our flight of freedom is but temporarily delayed.

princessmeggy - Thank you for your gift of sympathy, we all feel the loss of someone we love deeply and take great comfort in the certain knowledge that this is "not all there is."

medc - my father lost his father when he was 12 years old. I lost mine at 87 years. God is gracious in all of His mercies and in His promises that the loss is truly felt, but temporary.

faithful follower - Thank you so much. I pray that even this time of sorrow will lead to joy in that the Lord will draw others to Him and accept His offer of love to each of us.

shinethough - Jerry, this IS the "hope that lives in all who know the Lord." Thank you for your words of comfort.

onlyUcan - Emmanuel says it all. God not only took on human form for us, He lives in us that we shall know the truth…we WILL overcome this world. My father lived out that truth in his gentle life. Truly this was a man who had no enemies, who loved because he was first loved.

Suzet H - Thank you for your heartfelt prayer. The Lord has heard and the Lord has answered.

lildoggie - Thank you, and please accept my sympathy and condolences to you as you miss the special man who was, and is, your father. God bless you and yours.

Bob Pure - Bob, thank you for that passage of comfort and hope from Isaiah. We mourn the passing of the "caterpillar" we knew and love, and stand in reverent awe of the mystery of transformation that is his glorious "butterfly" state today. What beauty awaits us!

Bugsmom - Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. We comfort each other in the Lord.

RareMamaJewel - Thank you RMJ, it is appreciated.

mama2boys - Thank you. All that we are we owe to our Father in heaven and to those who "lead their lives by the example of His Son," truly he was loved because he loved much.

Steadfast and committed - Thank you S&C. Truly given and truly received.

bigkahuna - Thank you, BK. The arms of the Lord were never more evident in answer to your prayer than on Monday when we laid him to rest.

bjs - Thank you. The comfort of the Lord forever shines in Christ, who is the firstfruit of the resurrection to come, when there will be no more separation, forever.

MrsWondering - Thank you, and may God make this month a month of celebration for us all who see the Springtime blossom into the Summer of eternity for those we love.

And a special heartfelt "thank you" to the wonderful men who provided a military service in addition to our church service for my father. Their tribute to a comrade in arms, who faithfully served his country in WW II, was most solemn and moving. May we never forget the service provided to us all by those who have worn the uniform our great nation to preserve for us the freedoms we cherish and enjoy. May we never forget or take for granted what so many have secured for us.

A flag draped coffin. A military prayer for a brother now departed. Flags flying proudly in the sun. Salute. 3 volleys. Taps. The reverent folding of the flag.

From a grateful nation to my father, on behalf of us all.

Dual citizenship on earth and in heaven.

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body." (Php 3: 20-21)

Thank you LORD, faithful and true, for the loan of our father and the sure and certain hope that is in us through your Son, Jesus Christ.