Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
N
N
[quote=not2funBet the BH's around here would agree on THAT point...... grin grin grin

[/quote]

because it would take their whole "coloring" experience on a whole new level...... blush

not2fun

ps....Pepper is right. Raunchy movie, but it is not "pro-adultery"......

N
N
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
Can't wait for the movie about 4 guys who eff anything that walks.

Porky's, Porky's II, Porky's Revenge

(Kim Cattrall was a sleaze in Porky's, remember? Lassie?)

And a number of others...

American Gigolo, etc. etc. etc.

American Pie, American Pie II........

wink

B
B
It's amusing to read a movie critique written by persons who haven't actually seen the movie! It shows people have a good imagination. That's good \:\)

Pep I spent last night in a hotel in Stockholm. On the TV PPV there was a movie called " 100 guy cream pie ". You need to watch that to know it's not about a team of chefs making a REALLY BIG dessert ? laugh

MB Alumni
L
L
Originally Posted by Bob_Pure
Pep I spent last night in a hotel in Stockholm. On the TV PPV there was a movie called " 100 guy cream pie ". You need to watch that to know it's not about a team of chefs making a REALLY BIG dessert ? laugh

dare I ask?

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
M
M
Originally Posted by Bob_Pure
It's amusing to read a movie critique written by persons who haven't actually seen the movie! It shows people have a good imagination. That's good \:\)

Exactly. Considering the movie is based on 4 sluttish women and has glorified adultery in the past, it is obvious that adultery is only wrong when it happens to one of the main skanks. Otherwise...well..as in the case of the affair marriage...everything is fair game. Quite honestly...it is nice to see one of these broads getting what was coming to them...hopefully the next one will be Sex and the Clinic.

B
B
Sex and the Clinic

LOL ! laugh

MB Alumni
M
M
Originally Posted by not2fun

wink

Hmmm...high school boys and a male prostitute vs. grown adults??? pretty lame examples.

I
iam Offline
I

All disgusting movies on par with the adultery posterchild, SITC.

Could you point me out to the threads about those movies?

You know, like this thread that glorifies SITC and its adulterous charachters to a bunch of REAL people who have suffered from adultery?

At BEST this thread is callous and thoughtless to us BS's.

P
P
These are the facts about this movie we are discussing:

It is about is 5 women.

Fact 1: Two women are married - neither woman cheats on her husband or HAS cheated on her husband in the past

Fact 2: Two women are not married but in relationships - neither woman cheats on her partner - one woman has the opportunity to cheat but resists - she has lusty thoughts she does not act out

Fact 3: One woman is never married - not in a relationship - she does not cheat with anyone who is in a relationship - she does not say if she has ever cheated or been cheated upon - she says she is looking for love and marriage (this is Jennifer Hudson's character who is wonderful by the way)

none of the 5 women characters cheat or sleep around in this movie we are discussing

the husband of one of the married women does cheat - he is rightfully guilt stricken

this thread was begun as a way to discuss how adultery was handled in this movie - perhaps the facts might be useful?

If you want to discuss a TV show of the same name - it's up to you - but you are incorrectly describing the behavior of the female characters if you are discussing the movie (see thread title)

I am pretty sure I would agree with a lot of what you say MEDC if we were discussing a TV show that I had actually watched- but, we're not doing that.

We are discussing a movie that I have actually watched and you have not. I'd say my synopsis of the movie's story line is more accurate than yours.

The 5 female characters do not hump every man they see or sleep around. They do not cheat in this movie.

I am not seeking agreement from you, I could care less. I am seeking accuracy in stating facts which would probably make for a less emotional discussion.

The inaccuracy of the descriptions of this movie as women sleeping around is all I am trying to correct. The facts are not so.

I believe this thread was started because of the surprising way adultery was handled in this movie. It was handled well. It was not glamorized. It was portrayed in a way that most of us who have suffered this particular trauma would probably say was not unreasonable. This is a surprise. A nice surprise. (not the adultery - the way it was handled)

Pep

J
J
5 women? I only ever counted 4??

Also noteworthy is that this whole deal - the series all those years & now the movie (although I think the movie contained a lot more fiction than the series) is based on the BOOKS (AKA real-life events) written by Candace Bushnell.

Everything that happened was based on her chronicling her & her friends looking for love...often in all the wrong places! I don't feel any of their wrong-doing was glorified or glamourized, but instead often spoofed! It's comedy!

Again, I understand there are those who are against the whole thing, but going back to the original question, the movie itself does NOT condone adultery - completely contrary! The adultery that was in the movie was very real-seeming and handled very well - those of us who have been fans of the series were probably shocked (I was) at how well it was handled!

LIFE IS GOOD
P
OP Offline
P
At BEST this thread is callous and thoughtless to us BS's.

Huh??? I'M a BS and I started this thread.

The ONLY reason I started it was because of the way the adultery in the movie WAS handled and I TOTALLY related to how Miranda felt when she found out her husband had cheated. Her pain because of that was palpable. Their reconcilation was all about forgiveness and rebuilding their marriage.

Yanno, to all who are insulted by this thread, then why bother reading it? Sheesh. I'm beginning to wonder if someone is trying to get this thread locked. If that's the case, Mods, please don't lock this thread, if anything, just edit out the absurd and hateful comments. Thanks.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
K
K
I'm not a fan of the TV series. Then again, I'm a man and I'm straight, so that's not surprising.

I think some BSs are getting upset because the main characters behave like the "single, affair cheerleaders" we so often read about on this site. Would any BH want his WW/FWW to hang out with those women? Probably not. Those little groups of gossiping women have helped spell doom for many a marriage.

Yes, there are plenty of shows/movies featuring scumbag married men who bang anything. I avoid those, too.

Divorced
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Krazy71
I'm not a fan of the TV series. Then again, I'm a man and I'm straight, so that's not surprising.

I think some BSs are getting upset because the main characters behave like the "single, affair cheerleaders" we so often read about on this site. Would any BH want his WW/FWW to hang out with those women? Probably not. Those little groups of gossiping women have helped spell doom for many a marriage.

Yes, there are plenty of shows/movies featuring scumbag married men who bang anything. I avoid those, too.

But Krazy, this thread isn't about the TV SHOW, it's about the movie. There are no "single, affair cheerleaders" in the movie. In fact, the whole purpose of this thread was to point out how surprising it was the way the MOVIE protrayed the adultery and the consequences.

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
***Please contact the moderators or MB Admin with any questions***

Last edited by Maverick_mb; 06/19/08 11:00 AM.
F
F
I agree with medec and sc... I never cared for this show/movie. It doesn't intrigue me at all. I'm not a soap-opera type person anyways.

FAM5

M:Feb.'96
D-Day: 4th of July '07
BS:(Me) almost 32
FWH: 35
DS: almost 14
DD: almost 12
DD: just turned 4
Holy Spirit entered my heart: when preg. w/ DS '94
Accepted Christ as my Saviour: 5/98
I Love my Family Forever
S
S
Originally Posted by Krazy71

I agree with you on this Krazy!!!

D
D
Originally Posted by medc
Originally Posted by not2fun

wink

Hmmm...high school boys and a male prostitute vs. grown adults??? pretty lame examples.

Porky's: Coaches dilly-dallying around in the boy's locker room with a female coach?

My favorite though was Porky's II. I always admired how they handled the KKK and the corrupt evangelist. Oh yeah and the MARRIED congressmen who like to pick up underaged high school girls. Oh yeah, and the other congressmen, too, who liked to view the smut films that the good reverend had given them.

Charlotte

D
D
I'm not a soap-opera type person anyways

Yeah, I'm not either anymore. I used to watch one one other on occasion. After my life turned into one thanks to Gray's A, I stopped watching.

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks everyone for a lively discussion about this movie. I think we've covered and uncovered just about all aspects of it.

For those who haven't seen it and who are thinking about seeing it, IMHO, it's a wonderful chick flick, and I don't regret seeing it for a minute.

I appreciate the people who managed to post respectfully even when they didn't agree with my views. That says a lot to me.

M
M
it's a wonderful chick flick, and I don't regret seeing it for a minute.

and this speaks to me. frown

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 319 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation