Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
D
D
That's all well and good but what shall we do? Avoid EVERYTHING? If you want to boycott the movie then you should boycott HBO as well. And boycott every product associated with the movie. And anything else any of the actors and others involved have acted in, written, etc. etc. etc. IMO

Me? I hardly even watch TV anymore and I haven't seen a movie in the theater since I saw 3:10 to Yuma with WS.

There are lots of other things we buy and do that contribute to this but we have to buy things to survive. I am a boycotter and I try VERY hard not to buy from companies that willfully pollute the Earth, in fact, I DON'T unless it's absolutely a necessity that I CANNOT get elsewhere. I wish I didn't have to shop at WM, either but this little 2-horse town doesn't offer much and I'm not going to pollute and waste gas to drive miles & miles out of the way.

But really, sometimes bad movies contain good lessons to be learned. Obviously there must be good here since several others have brought up how well the adultery was handled. I don't have an opinion as I haven't seen it yet and I doubt I will for some time. X-Files is the next movie I want to see and that's going to take some doing. To be able to see it.

As for now I don't watch much other than the new episodes of Criminal Intent and true crime and nature documentaries. Oh yeah, and Dirty Jobs!!! LOL!

Okay, done ranting. I'm tired and I've been working on inventory all day that Mr. Gray was supposed to start helping with at the beginning of JUNE!! I would just say to him: "Take your ----s out of your girlfriend's purse and get with the program!"

Charlotte

K
K
Charlotte - I don't subscribe to ANY cable, because of this very reason - HBO wouldn't get a dime from me even if I did since it's an elective channel that you pay more for - never has even when I was subscribing to cable. but it's been 14 years since I cut it off.

The rule for me is anything that portrays immorality in a glamorous way, yep - Pretty Woman got the boot when I realized it could muddy the waters in teaching my son a clear standard of morality, though it did show some "consequences" for her being a prostitute. Yeah - it was entertaining and the actors were likable - Julia Roberts hadn't yet made an idiot of herself for a married man at that time. I had already gotten rid of my copy of the video when she became a OW in real life.

It's just easier to be a parent if I don't confuse the issue for myself. There's so much more to do than passive entertainment - we might go to 5 movies a year. But this summer we're hiking our butts off, literally. We watched a couple of DVDs this weekend - "I Am Legend" and "Pride and Prejudice" - that we rented at the store. We're that far behind - we haven't rented a movie in at least a year.

I'm right there with you on polluting companies - right now I am trying to figure out how to get to work via bus and have ANY personal time at all. a trip that takes me 30 minutes would take me 2 hrs via bus, plus 1 hr of bicycling, round trip, since there are no bus stops near my home or office.

Sorry Mr Gray continues his trip down insanity lane. He just reminds me of a Forest Gump line...

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
D
D
Yeah, it has gotten a lot harder to boycott since the trend of companies acquiring other companies all of the time!!

Labels, labels, labels!! LOTS of label reading!!

Julia Roberts, yeah...that's that guy she's with now, isn't it? I don't pay much attention these days. When Gray was around I was very nearly a walking encyclopedia of entertainment trivia but it's been SO nice to get away from that!! I used to keep up with current events all of the time but I don't even do that anymore.

I guess I should a little what with the election coming up and all but I think that you can probably pretty much guess what will happen in that arena!!

Yeah, that's quite an adventure with the trail you take to work! This is something that will be a problem for me once I register for classes. If I pick the closest off-campus campus it is still way too far away to ride my horse there, LOL!!

If I could afford a hybrid car I'd have on in a heartbeat!

There is a town here in Texas...Crockett (?) I think, that has mandatory recycling. I am so tempted to move there!! I think it's inevitable that others will follow suit. And it's a GOOD program because they use the money from the recycling for city expenses so their books are always in the black!

I wish they did that here. As it is they are FINALLY getting with the program and the recycling program has improved... slightly. Still needs a ton of work, though.

LMAO!! I bet I can guess which line from Forrest Gump he reminds you of!! wink Me too! And SO many times I've had to resist the urge to email him or send him a message in IM containing that line!!! LOL!!

Take care,

Charlotte

W
W
You know, I didn't even know this forum existed. Shows how far I navigate away from my normal stomping grounds. Maybe if I stay here in OT I might not get into so much trouble!

You guys have to see "Into the Wild". It is by far the best movie I have seen in ages. Well "The Bucket List" was pretty good, too.

I have to warn you though, that "Into the Wild" left me bawling like a little baby.

Kayla, you will absolutely love it. It is a true story about one mans search for the truth. He also happens to be an OC, so his demons are not too unfamiliar with what we see on the board.

And PS, hope you are staying away from the fake chemical sugar!

PSS, hi Charlotte and Princess!

Watch that movie, okay? I want to know if you loved it as much as I did. Also, most of the soundtrack was done by Eddie Vedders of Pearl Jam... and it is awesome!

Last edited by JosieJones; 06/24/08 07:32 PM.
K
K
LoL - Weav- I haven't seen it yet, but the fake sugar is off my diet like almost everything else right now. Seriously! I've now lost over 10% of my old-body weight and 22% of my goal weight loss!

I believe I read a condensed version or saw a condensed synopsis of the story on PBS - guy goes to Alaska - kind of a loner - determined to survive off the land, but not quite prepared for dietary changes, etc.?? same story?

I tried to find "The Bucket List" last week at the video store. Couldn't find it. I noticed that my family didn't react to "I Am Legend" very well - hated, absolutely HATED the last scene before the epilogue.

Have you seen Second Hand Lions? (I know - way out of date - but that's how long it's been since I went to the video store)?

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
M
M
Into the Wild was a good movie and even left a guy like me with a few tears.

W
W
MEDC, My husband even cried after that movie, too. I heard the book was a thousand times better than the movie, as per usual.

Kayla,

I have seen "Second Hand Lions" so many times I lost count. It's a great movie.

"I Am Legend" to me was too sureal, or unreal. I couldn't relate to it. Although I wanted to love it, because I love Will Smith. A very gifted man. I just couldn't stand the mutants that come out at night to feed.

M
M
I just couldn't stand the mutants that come out at night to feed.

Then don't come to Philly!

S
S

I just couldn't stand the mutants that come out at night to feed.

Then don't come to Philly!

ROFLOL! laugh

I so needed that tonight.

slh

[font:Arial Black]
JUMP!
-- and you will find out how to
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

[color:red]
L
L
Hey, don't you look swell, SLH...

Welcome home, woman!

LA

S
S

Oh, LA, I owe you big time. I swear, my login dilemma tormented me for weeks before I posted my what-do-I-do question.

I'd still be banging my forehead against the keyboard in vexation were it not for your contact info.

Are you wearing your Super-Suit today? grin

You are a gem!

slh

[font:Arial Black]
JUMP!
-- and you will find out how to
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

[color:red]
W
W
Well look at that, it's SLH! cool

Last I heard you were getting into camping big time. I thought for sure you got rid of the computer and all other modern iminities and were now wearing bandana paisley and roughing it. LOL

Crap LA, why'd you help her get back in here? Now I have to start working on my sig line again. She always has the smartest sig line.

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation