Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
P
Fiori, I admit it. I listened too. Wow!! That kid has lots of potential. Future American Idol?? LOL Tell him to keep on singin'.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
F
F
Thanks!
As far as I'm concerned I'd like the world to hear him sing! He loves doing it and it's fun to be around him when he does.

Me 44, H 42, DS 16, DS 13
H/EA 4/07, D Day 10/17/07..
500th d-day 10/14/08...
NO RAIN...NO RAINBOWS!
S
suamico Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by fiori
Suamico,
Just go to his youtube account. This isn't private, so it's no big deal.
www.youtube.com/blahblop

It's listed as Griff singing Have You Ever Seen The Rain.

Have a great day. Tomorrow will be here sooner than you realize!
Oh he is SO cute!

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
S
suamico Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by marriedandlonely*
I told him to tell his boss that his mom said he's not allowed to go up there any more!! cool And if they have any questions to just give me a call. grin

I'll bet that will work for you too AW! Even them big important boss type boys is scared of MOM! grin
If only that would work. But then again our moms would have already tried it.

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
S
suamico Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Awww, see now I'm originally from Georgia-he was in a good place with good folks! grin I'm sure he had a blast, even if he did miss his mama! wink

Our dd8 BEGGED us to let her go to "sleep away camp" this year...It's a Christian camp that we heard about through our church...we've also heard glowing reviews about it from several people and the camp does offer a program for her age group, so we agreed...Unbelievably she was adamant about doing the 6 day camp, rather than the 3 day one...She's always been very independent, but SIX DAYS? Hmmm...I dunno...Nonetheless, it's done now...papers signed, money's been sent, supplies bought...she is counting the days in jubilant anticipation...I'm sure it will be quite an experience for us all...

Well, he came home last night. I tried to reply here on Sunday but my internet was down for some reason. He called Friday night a little after 11. He sounded like he was having a blast. Then it was more like midnight before I got a call on Saturday. Then on Sunday we went to church. We didn't need a big spot in the pew because DH was working at the church getting things together for a reception after services for a priest that is leaving. So it was just 4 of us this week. Then we met up with DH for the reception. Then we headed for the beach for the rest of the day. It was a great beach day. Air temp was 90's and humid and the gulf temp was 89. We spent most of the time body surfing. I think I got my years quota of sodium yesterday! DD 11 and DD 6 and I were facing the beach. The rule was you couldn't look back to see how big the waves coming in were. I got nailed big time 2 times in a row and DD11 was laughing at me. I looked over at her and then she got nailed! (teach her to make fun of mom.) So I made it to about 9 when the phone rang. It was DS telling me the bus was running about an hour late! I got to the church around 1030 (just in case) and the bus got there just before 11. I waited and waited (forever!) and he was one of the last ones off the bus. Karen (the one running the trip) came over to me and said he did great. She said they only had one minor migrane issue and it wasn't my son. That made me feel even better because I wrote that on is medical history and she remembered it. These people are awesome. Now I feel much better about next year. On the way home he tells me a bunch of kids are going to the movies tonight at 9 and asked if he could go. They are going to see Walley. So I ask him who is going. He said for sure, then he lists 5 GIRLS that are all Jr's and Sr's. I know these girls and they are wonderful kids that run the life teen mass during the school year but it is all girls and him?!?!?! I guess if I had to pick his first girlfriend (if he hasn't already had one that he didn't tell me about) I would love it to be one of them.

Funny you should mention your DD8 going away to camp. I was talking to my sister about Patches going away for the first time. Then she says "Don't you remember you used to go overnight on trips all the time?" Then she reminded me of all the girl scout camp outs I went on. I started when I was 7! Then in high school I did trips with the band (yes I was a band geek and yes DH teases me about it all the time.) Every year we did a concert exchange with a school in the NE area and stayed with a host family. We also did an end of the year weekend camping trip. Again DH teases me about going to band camp. He is SUCH a brat! My mom was so cool about me going. I wish I was as laid back as she is.

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
S
suamico Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by aussieswife
suamico I know exactly how you feel.

My son left home at 17 to go to Royal Mil College ... it was so hard. You know..pretending you are so happy for him ...and only wanting to go and lock him in his room blush grin
Now he has just had his 20th & is serving in Afghanistan.

Mummy worries are like way up. And no there is no way to stop worrying ..... until they are home safe & sound. crazy laugh

Lots of cups of coffee and tea cool
Is your DS still away? How long was he gone? I know my Dad told me you never stop worrying about your kids. He said even now he worries and his "baby" my brother is 38!

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
S
suamico Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by marriedandlonely*
My baby boy (18 yr old), is in at the relay for life event.
He signed up on his own, as it is not something I have ever even been to, gathered a team and started walking last night. He said he would probably come home last night but didn't, so I'm not sure what he ended up doing. I don't worry about this one, but I guess I better call him.

I went down to see him last night and walked a few laps. It was humbling!!!! OMG. To see so many names on the luminarias (sp?) that I know (we live in a very small town), it was just sad. To see so many walking and to wonder about their story. Wow.

I am proud of my son for getting involved.
You should be SO proud! How many 18 year olds would sign up for something like that on their own. Most want to hang out with their friends. DS15 (next week!) asked my husband if he could help out for the pancake breakfast the knights run every month. That was a year ago. He loves it so much he goes with his dad every time they have a knights dinner or breakfast. He gets his apron on and helps cook, serve and clean up. He is very personable with the guests and all the knights love to have him help because he takes orders well and works fast. He wants to become a knight when he turns 18. That will bring the average age WAY down. (It is mostly retired men)

W (me) 44
H 43
Married 19 years
DS 17
DS 15
DD 13
DD 8
A
A
Is your DS still away? How long was he gone? I know my Dad told me you never stop worrying about your kids. He said even now he worries and his "baby" my brother is 38!

Hi sua

been working hard on housework and play group with my little guy
& not paying attention to the important things ,, like MB grin

Yes my DS is away still..... as is my SIL ... all of 10 days married and off he goes but my DD is handling it very well... and my DH as well. We don't watch the news much these days ... too chicken I guess crazy

And yes your dad is spot on. My mum still worries about us all and always checking up to see we are ok. My Dads a bit more discreet.

Its kind of nice ......... most times laugh

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (DaisyTheCat2), 683 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation