Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 22 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
K
OP Offline
K
That's okay catperson, yes I have a bachelor's degree in deaf and hard of hearing education. However, I have been home raising our children for 8 years, and my certificate expired 2 years ago and I have not interpreted in that long either, as for the masters, I was having a very difficult time concentrating and finding a way to study and take care of the children full time alone then the abuse incident happened and I decided to withdraw for a while and get things figured out with the children and schooling for them and then I hope to find a way to start again in the fall. The other issue became one where the domestic relations could base my support ammount off of my degree that I was working on and the salary that I would be making when I got the degree! So, it was reccomended that we take one hurdle at a time and the support hearing is this Friday, finally! After 4 months of waiting! I am nervous, but ready to move forward and know what I have to work from.

W 34
H 34
D 9
S 6
S 2
Married 11 yrs
Seperated 11 months
D of D 3/25/08 and 3/27/08
WH still living with OW
Praying for repentance, reconciliation, and restoration of WH with God and ultimately with the family.
P
P
The wierd thing is now that I finally made the decision to move forward and move on, now the other church's pastor has been calling and asking how she can help me?

Tell her that she can help you immensely by supporting you no matter what you decide about your marriage. Maybe even send her a few of Dr. Harley's articles so she'll understand where you're coming from. Most people outside of MB think it's lunacy to do the things MB suggests because it's so counterintuitive.

Have you thought about going to a career counselor at the college? Be honest and tell them your current situation and ask for suggestions. You might be surprised.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
B
I wouldn't worry about getting too much help. Tell her of any of your needs and that WH is still unrepentent. Can't have too many churches supporting you. But I would continue going to your present church where you have been immediately supported.

Don't worry about too little too late from your old church. At least they finally are realizing that you and your children need HELP.

K
OP Offline
K
Don't worry about too little too late from your old church. At least they finally are realizing that you and your children need HELP.

I didn't mean for it to come across as a bad thing because I don't ever want to turn away ANY help you are totally right on that. I guess I didn't read over what I wrote it wasn't my intention to say it in that manner. What I meant was that I had been confused about the decision to switch churches and then when I went to the other church now the old church is reaching out and I find it interesting.
You know God's timing is not our timing.....

W 34
H 34
D 9
S 6
S 2
Married 11 yrs
Seperated 11 months
WH still living with OW
Praying for repentance, reconciliation, and restoration of WH with God and ultimately with the family.
K
OP Offline
K
Hi PM- Hope you are doing well. Thanks for your wisdom and yes, they are very supportive of the fact that I am still committed and praying for my marriage. They too are praying for repentance and return of WH to God. They are good people but not very good at love in action!

Have you ever heard of rejoice ministries? I saw a billboard on the way home from NC and my sisters the other week and I finally checked it out and it also is committed to healing marriages, just curious if you or anyone else know anything about them??

W 34
H 34
D 9
S 6
S 2
Married 11 yrs
Seperated 11 months
WH still living with OW
Q
Q
HI KLB,

I have been getting their emails for almost a year now. I can't tell you how often the topic of the day applied to where I was in life. I personally think it is a very supportive sight.

I prefer the MB principles, but for prayer and reading material, very comforting.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
K
OP Offline
K
Hi Queenie
Thank you for your insight, I agree about the principles so far, I haven't had near as much time with RM as MB.
I hope you are having a good summer, ours has been good, I am trying so hard to stay focused on the now and the positive some days this is much harder than others.
Hope that you have a good day!

KLB

W 34
H 34
D 9
S 6
S 2
Married 11 yrs
Seperated 11 months
WH still living with OW
B
B
Rejoice ministries is an excellent site for those who are standing for their marriages. It provides lots of support and inspiration.

K
OP Offline
K
Thank you for the insight, on the surface it appeared good, but didn't know for sure.
Tonight is going so very slowly, my parents just left and I know that they didn't want to go, it is the night before the final PFA court hearing and they are not going with me. The pastor from our old church that the children and I have gone back to attending is going with me to the hearing. My lawyer from Women in Crisis is going to meet us there. I am a little nervous, mainly because I don't really want to see him (the monster that is inhabiting my H's body). It is so frightening to look at someone that you love so much and see the light of Christ gone from their eyes and see them so changed by their sin! I pray that tomorrow will go quickly and smoothly and that he will either not come or show up alone (no lawyer) if he brings a lawyer then it gets messy just because they tend to do that. Sorry to anyone who is a lawyer!
I am just trying to stand with my chin up and not fall apart till I get home, those are my goals!
Another interesting tidbit, tonight my parents received a call from their pastor saying that he just heard that my H left me and he would like to come and counsel and help them (my parents). Interesting thing to know would be whether he is doing the same with my in-laws who are their neighbors and members of the same church too! The pastor will certainly hear two totally different stories there!
Still praying for God's miracle of WH's restoration with Him! I love my H, but want him to get right with God and be the man that he was before and even better, if that doesn't include me then I will have to accept that, but I pray for his sake that the Lord will draw WH back to Himself. I am praying for God to create in me a clean heart and mold me and make me less of me and more of Christ.
Praying for each of you tonight for peace and healing,
KLB

W 34
H 34
D 9
S 6
S 2
Married 11 yrs
Seperated 11 months
WH still living with OW
F
F
(((((klb)))))

It's good that you will have some folks with you for support today.

There is another who will be going with you also, who also knows what it is like to "go to court." He will stand with you and the indwelling Holy Spirit will sustain you.

May you know the presence of the Lord and His protection for you.
"I will never leave you or forsake you."

God bless.

K
OP Offline
K
Forever Hers it is so wonderful to hear from you!! I have missed your wisdom and opinion. Today was the hearing and I think the outcome couldn't have been better. WH was shocked to see the pain and wounds that he inflicted. He decided to represent himself! Needless to say it didn't go too well, he was found guilty and the PFA put into effect for 3 YEARS! Also the judge said that he may have NO contact with the children until a custody agreement can be reached and that she thinks that both sides need some time and counseling and more time to really think his priorities. There was so much but I have a headache, so I am going to go take some tylenol and make some dinner. I will come back later.....

KLB

PS I think that God was truly glorified today!

W 34
H 34
D 9
S 6
S 2
Married 11 yrs
Seperated 11 months
WH still living with OW
Q
Q
PS I think that God was truly glorified today!
Amen to that...

And it isn't wonderful for him to be glorified.

Thank you G-d for providing protection over KLB and her children today.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
S
I am so happy for you KLB. Maybe now you can sit back and work on your personal recovery. How are the kids? Are you in a better place? Have you found a new church? Please stay in touch. God will see you through this.

God's Blessings,

Say

Me, BW-57
FWH 54
4 kids and 4 grandbabies between us
In recovery since D-day, May 28,2007
FWH never onboard the MB boat but still clinging to the side.
One day at a time by God's grace.
B
B
Praise the Lord for watching over you and your children. Hopefully this will be a wake up call for hubby.

When my ex was having his affir, I caught him and OW in bed at the home where he was renting a room. The roommate let me in when I told him I was the wife. Then I confronted ex and OW, apologized to the roommate for bothering him and left.

Turns out he is a devout Jew. The next day, he asked my husband to move out. My ex now tells me that that day was one he will never regret. SOMEONE confronted him about his adulterous behavior and asked him to leave.

This stuff may take some time to sink in with hubby, but believe me, it DOES sink in.

F
F
No comments this time, Klb. I just want to GRIN! grin

The Lord is awesome and there when we need Him and know we need Him!

Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death....

Thank you Lord for your answer to these prayers.

God bless!

K
OP Offline
K
Hello Say
Yes we are doing good. The children have been doing much better, yesterday after the PFA was put into effect and I got home and talked to my daughter she went and took a 2 1/2 hour nap!!!! YEAH, she was finally able to relax and then she slept through the night for the first time in a long time.
We are still in our marital home the children and I, but we are at our old church. We made the switch last Sunday and they have already been in contact about helping to fix some of the problems and items at the house for/with us! The church is transporting us on their coach. It is wonderful to be able to worship again and have people to love us through this. God is SO good!
I have been working on me and I am looking forward to some things that are coming up. I am taking the children to an amusement park for their first experience! That is in about 3 weeks. We are going to my parents boat for a Luau and Pig Roast that is next weekend! I went and had a facial makeover this week, still need to get my haircut makeover (I just haven't any clue as to what I want to do with it, or where to go since I haven't had it cut in a while!) I am still working on the weight loss and exercise, I have about 20lbs to go to my goal, but I am so much happier even at the weight I am at that I could be satisfied here even if that is where the Lord decides I should stay. I still miss the "idea" of my H, but I am learning to be content with being alone it hasn't been too bad, I just miss the companionship of having someone here to talk to and share with. All in time!
I am still praying for a miracle in my husband's life that the scales will fall from his eyes and he will see his sin and selfishness and repent and return his life to the Lord. NOTHING is possible until that happens, so for now I am content in praying for him to just get right with God!

W 34
H 34
D 9
S 6
S 2
Married 11 yrs
Seperated 11 months
WH still living with OW
K
OP Offline
K
I agree with my whole heart, soul, mind and body!!! grin
Now we move on to working on me and praying still for the scales to fall from WH's eyes and him to return to God.

GOD IS SO AMAZING! I never thought that I would be in this place let alone thrive and change as I have been!

God Bless
KLB

W 34
H 34
D 9
S 6
S 2
Married 11 yrs
Seperated 11 months
WH still living with OW
P
P
You just wait KLB. You ain't seen nothing yet. Prayer is a POWERFUL thing.

Hugs!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
K
OP Offline
K
Believer,
I am still praying for that miracle for the scales of sin and selfishness to fall from his eyes and for him to repent and return his life to the Lord and his will. I need to pray for WH's parents they were with him yesterday and M was VERY angry with me and to be very honest I think I have placed alot of the blame and all of the anger I have felt on her because of her sinful state and part in all of this. I really need to get through that, but I haven't been able to let go of it and let God! So, that will be my next step in truly recovering and moving forward firmly rooted in God!
Thank you for your prayers I definitely felt the prayers of everyone yesterday at the courtroom, I was filled with peace and calm knowing that I wasn't there doing that out of malice or selfish gain, but truly wanting it to help my WH.

W 34
H 34
D 9
S 6
S 2
Married 11 yrs
Seperated 11 months
WH still living with OW
K
OP Offline
K
Amen PM AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!
Thank you so much. I believe that too, this was just the beginning! Tomorrow is the support hearing, so it will be the next blow to his ego and selfishness. I have been so humbled at all of this experience and am amazed at God's provision and grace and especially his mercy!

Standing firm!!!

W 34
H 34
D 9
S 6
S 2
Married 11 yrs
Seperated 11 months
WH still living with OW
Page 18 of 22 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 173 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
peppa, RP4280, Philip Pitre, ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg
71,872 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Spying on Wife's phone without getting caught?
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 08:59 PM
Depression
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 11:19 AM
Separated/Dating
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:58 PM
Child activities
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:56 PM
Loss of libido/Sexual Attraction
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:10 AM
Involucrar o no a la familia por apoyo
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:09 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,607
Posts2,323,424
Members71,872
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation