Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
L
I'll watch the board for another 15 minutes or so in case you post.

It's a good idea to not have contact between you two for at least tonight. Resist answering the phone and resist calling him....it can only lead to crazy-making conversation, nothing productive tonight.

Take care.....maybe a bath or a book before bed?

F
OP Offline
F
What I feel like doing is dying. This has been going on so long and now it's over and I feel lost.

frozen1229 #2101908 08/01/08 12:05 AM
L
L
What I feel like doing is dying.
Don't hesitate to call a suicide hotline.

Grief can sometimes feel like we're dying. It's extremely important to focus on self-care during those times. What are some things that soothe you?

frozen1229 #2101910 08/01/08 12:09 AM
D
D
((((((((((frozen))))))))))

Charlotte

frozen1229 #2101916 08/01/08 12:29 AM
_
_
Originally Posted by frozen1229
What I feel like doing is dying. This has been going on so long and now it's over and I feel lost.

It sounds as if there is more to the story than you are relating at this time. That's ok. Do try to call the local shelter. Helping you is what they do. I have worked with shelters in the past and I can attest that they want your call. They can also help you line up an Attorney and the other details that are likely overwhelming you.

You have been abused. You have been gaslighted. You need help.

Go for it.

Larry

_Larry_ #2102594 08/01/08 11:09 PM
L
L
Frozen:

How are you doing today?

LoBoy

"You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one." Thoreau
frozen1229 #2102920 08/02/08 06:04 PM
S
S
frozen,

I hope that you have discussed with your physician the effects of Ambien.

Often, it can affect your memory and behavior. You can actually drive on Ambien, and not even realize you are driving! There are cases in the news of people ending up places while on Ambien, waking up, and not knowing how they got there. You must discuss this with your doctor and be absolutely sure of what is going on, and be very careful with this medication.

Your history with Patriot may include physical abuse, and you have mentioned that past marriages have also had that abuse as well.

Have you sought counseling in the past for this problem? I ask because, just like other problems, if you don't clear up the problems of one marriage before you go into another, you will carry those problems directly into the new marriage.

I have been an abused woman. I fully understand the ramifications of spousal abuse, and know what you are talking about. Since you are in a safe place, you now have a series of tasks before you.

Divorce. I hate to say this, but if everything you say is true, you have no other option. Having been the victim of rape, it would be impossible for you to recover a marriage with your rapist. You have no other option. Get a legal aid attorney - they are free. If there is a university in your area, often they have legal clinics available to help.

Counseling. Before you begin to date again, you will need extensive counseling. Your relationship history is replete with abuse. It tells me that you have difficulty with understanding what love is - that it does NOT involve being hit by a man. It also does not involve betrayal, excessive drama, or emotional and verbal abuse. Your counseling needs to focus also on why you seem to seek out relationships with these factors in them, and reject others that would be more stable.

Stability. It would be advisable that you gain personal stability for yourself for awhile, probably setting a goal of not "needing" a relationship for about a year, before you begin dating again. The sense that you are a whole person, in and of yourself, should be fully established before you begin to try to seek out a new relationship. Counseling should be completed before the stability phase begins.

You should be very clear in your mind as to why each marriage failed, why a pattern of abuse occurs in your life, and how you are prepared to prevent it in the future.

I have walked this road, Frozen. It is not a hard road, once you step your first step. You just have to make that decision that the "normal" life really is the one you want, and the safety and calmness is your true desire.

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 508 guests, and 133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation