Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20
K
K
Oops, you're right. What I should have said, was that he almost instantly married W2 when he left W1.
According to the referenced article, he admittedly began seeing other women when he returned home also.

Of course regardless of the time frame, he left his wife for OW. Sad!

Someone mentioned Reagan. Was his marriage with Nancy an affairage? Does anyone know? I've heard that, but don't know.

M
M
It worked with you.

You are so much smarter than the rest of us. Thanks for educating us.

:crosseyedcrazy:

F
F
That the book is an unabashed smear campaign set up by people who do it on purpose to sway elections and that the material in the book is highly suspect if not downright lies?

Republican groups buying up thousands of books - in bulk - so that it gets onto the New York Times Bestsellers List to give it legitimacy, so that people will feel compelled to discuss it?

Republican groups using automated, orchestrated communication methods to get people to push it to the front of the public eye so as to legitimize it, as well as all the email campaigns I'm sure you've seen, such as the racist caricature I just received yesterday?

It worked with you.

Yep.

The truth hurts when it comes out and cuts through the fog.

Just ask John Kerry, who didn't like the truth about him revealed one bit.

Or is it just that you want to accept the truths about John McCain but NOT the truths about Barak Obama? Here's one truth that is undeniable....Barak Obama IS THE MOST LIBERAL SENATOR in all of Congress, left of Ted Kennedy, left of Hillary Clinton, left of Chuckyou Shumer, left of all them...and no amount of fake "moving to the center" will fool anyone that doesn't WANT to be fooled.

Any election SHOULD BE about electing the most qualified candidate, not about the smoke and mirrors and avoidance of TRUTH about someone, especially momentary "lapses" show us the REAL person behind the fake persona they want to dazzle and bumfuddle us with.

M
M
Any election SHOULD BE about electing the most qualified candidate, not about the smoke and mirrors and avoidance of TRUTH about someone, especially momentary "lapses" show us the REAL person behind the fake persona they want to dazzle and bumfuddle us with.

You know what's amazing? The Left still takes shots at Dan Quayle for being "the least qualified VP" in history. (Just watched them do it on Meet the Press the other Sunday.)

And yet, no one seems to care that Obama is FAR LESS qualified than DQ was, and he's running for President. crazy

This is the craziest political year I've ever seen.

T
T
For the first time since I was old enough to vote, I am not voting in a Presidential election, and I'm 60 years old...so that's a lot of habit down the drain. I am a conservative. For a long time, I considered myself a Republican. But the level of political "discourse" in this country is beginning to remind me of trying to have a conversation with a toddler (I would be playing the ADULT in this scenario!). Lots of emotion, high levels of rage, wordy beyond belief...but very little reason or critical thinking (plenty of criticism for anyone who takes an opposing view, though), and irrationality to burn.

I can't wait to get to my copy of Obama Nation. I was going to read it on my trip, but I had to drive. I don't know if I'll get to all those many pages of footnotes, though. Unresearched, right-wing hack job...

M
M
T&L

I would think that you are open-minded enough to read OBAMA'S other books that he has written about himself and his life.

I would be surprised if you are not.

I would be surprised if you would read only one side.

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
Marsh:

What was GEORGE BUSH'S experience?

And RONALD REAGAN'S?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
It is NOT about whether OBAMA is African-American or not as implied by Thomas Sowell.

It is about who will make the BEST PRESIDENT out of the TWO CHOICES that we have.

I think Thomas Sowell is making a RACIST argment, although subtle and indirect, because it is NOT about RACE.

I think LEADERSHIP ABILITY is a FACTOR in who is elected President in this country. Who do people BELIEVE in and want to FOLLOW? Who has CHARISMA? Not necessarily the way it's SUPPOSED TO BE or SHOULD BE but I think that's the way that it is...

And we will see who wins...we will see...

If you read about great LEADERS, in most instances, they are GREAT in choosing INTELLIGENT, QUALIFIED ADVISORS who have most of the KNOWLEDGE while they are the FIGUREHEAD...and are GREAT at choosing their ADVISORS...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
I think Thomas Sowell is making a RACIST argment, although subtle and indirect, because it is NOT about RACE.

Of course you do. The ONLY way anyone couldn't favor Obama is if they are racist.

:crosseyedcrazy:

M
M
I think LEADERSHIP ABILITY is a FACTOR

Me too. Obama leads the charge against unborn babies and white America. But, he has Oprah on his side...so all is good with the world. (At least Oprah had the common sense to distance herself from the TUCC when she realized that her mainstream audience would not take kindly to Racist Wrights sermons).

M
M
Both GWB and Reagan were governors. They both had executive experience, something that Obama is sorely lacking.

But, experience isn't important to you. You've fallen in love w/ your candidate. The fact that he's not qualified to be President isn't important to you.

He has CHARISMA.

I think Thomas Sowell is making a RACIST argment, although subtle and indirect, because it is NOT about RACE

Where did you see that in his argument?

BTW: You are aware that Thomas Sowell is black, right?

M
M
BTW: You are aware that Thomas Sowell is black, right?

what...he's not in the KKK?

rotflmao

Little details like that don't matter when someone doesn't support Obama-nation...well, it's time to play the race card.

M
M
But, experience isn't important to you. You've fallen in love w/ your candidate. The fact that he's not qualified to be President isn't important to you.

He has CHARISMA.

WOW...I NEVER said this...I NEVER said who I was VOTING for...

I'm not "IN LOVE" with a CANDIDATE...that's not who I AM...I'M not about THAT at all..

You may be speaking about a GROUP OF PEOPLE..but not ME...

It is MY OPINION that it is a BIG DEAL, taking lots of QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE to become a SENATOR in the US...I RESPECT OBAMA for THAT...

I NEVER USED THE WORD "CHARISMA" to describe OBAMA..Did "I"?...

I'm surprised that you are MISQUOTING me this way, Marsh...

I typically TRY to say EXACTLY what I'm thinking and feeling.

I'm AWARE that SOWELL is African-American...I'm referring to his direct reference to it being "COOL" if COLIN POWELL was the candidate...

It bothers "ME" that RACE is brought into this AT ALL regardless of the COLOR of the SPEAKER..IMO, that is RACIST...which I PERSONALLY ABHOR RACISM...

I try to stay away from these discussions because, to be honest, it saddens me to get to know THIS SIDE of the posters on the forum...I guess I'd rather stay in DENIAL about who folks are..

To be sooo misinterpreted and misquoted by you, Marsh..that SURPRISES me...

M
M
We are all supposed to be THE SAME..regardless of SKIN COLOR...

Why no one says it's "COOL" that John McCain is "white"?

ETA: or shall I say "UNCOOL"...YUCK...

M
M
You've fallen in love w/ your candidate.

I find this to be soooo incredibly INSULTING to say to a BS...YUCK...how mean...

M
M
I think LEADERSHIP ABILITY is a FACTOR in who is elected President in this country. Who do people BELIEVE in and want to FOLLOW? Who has CHARISMA? Not necessarily the way it's SUPPOSED TO BE or SHOULD BE but I think that's the way that it is...

This is what I ACTUALLY SAID...

"IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THAT WAY AND SHOULD NOT BE THAT WAY"..is MY OPINION....but I do think THAT'S THE WAY IT IS...

M
M
WOW...I NEVER said this...I NEVER said who I was VOTING for...

I thought you had said you were voting for Obama on another thread. If you didn't, I apologize.

M
M
Originally Posted by mimi_here

This is what I ACTUALLY SAID...

"IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THAT WAY AND SHOULD NOT BE THAT WAY"..is MY OPINION....but I do think THAT'S THE WAY IT IS...

Ok, Mimi, I see where I went wrong, I apologize, I misread what you wrote the first time.

F
F
It bothers "ME" that RACE is brought into this AT ALL regardless of the COLOR of the SPEAKER..IMO, that is RACIST...which I PERSONALLY ABHOR RACISM...

I agree with this statement, and it concerns me that Barak has played the "race card" a few times.

L
L
MEL:

This is a "Shout out" to have you delete that racist diatribe attributed to Thomas Sowell.

He did NOT write that.

Thomas Sowell Article

Mr Sowell has his issues with Obama and McCain.

But he didn't write that.

LG

G
G
Well Obama IS AN EMPTY SUIT.

AND he IS for basically ABORTION for ANY reason.

But, I gotta tell you, when I see JM and his wife....I don't know,thats ONE SCARY combo. How, in God's name, do THOSE two belong together? This abandonment story does not surprise me at all.

God, I wanted Duncan Hunter so badly.

Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 279 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation