Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 100 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 99 100
C
C
So very glad to hear it.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Dad's sermon yesterday was nice - will comment more on that later if I have the time.

He is planning to stay until next Sunday, so will probably be home very late Monday night.

Glad to hear John is so well, sorry to hear that Val is so.....Vallish, but now have to finish my breakfast so I can go buck some hay.

Where's the country bumpkin emoticon?

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
Really glad to hear John was doing ok and seems to be improving in leaps and bounds. I do pray the return is a peaceful one .... well as peaceful as such things with bros and sisters can be at such ages :crosseyedcrazy:

Also pretty impressed with Neaksis and T&L taking on so much ... me I'm a piker .... 3 kids is the limit ... well along with their assorted partners and spouses ... ok some young lost blokes from the regiment as well ... nothing wrong with them that some good mothering won't cure hug ..... the nagging... I mean reinforcing ... shoes off the couch ... feet off the table .... what's the 'magic' word ??? ... naughty ... and then they get sent away ... cry
But I think you two are just wonderful for taking that all on.

Spent a heap on new stove and bench top this weekend ... Smeg .. cost an arm and a leg but Neak and MAL and Rella all talking about renovations got me going ... now I have to get the floor down... the sliding glass door in ... paint some rooms ... AND get the new stove and gas bench top in ........ whats happens if Aussie comes home BEFORE the New Years ????? I think he'll eventually notice the mess think

Neak I couldn't help it ... truly ... when you said you were going to buck some hay .. (well hey ... that's fun .. not ) ... the music just popped into my head ... its not my fault really ... Beverley Hillbillies .. was on late on the Sat TV ... dance2

uhuh

rotflmao

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

T
T
We went swimming today at the public pool near Boise ID. I dived off the high dive once, mainly because Neaksis doubted my ability to do it. grin "It soars. It flies. It plunges into the depths. IT DOES TRICKS!!!!!!!!!" It says, "See, I TOLD you I could do it." :RollieEyes:

C
C
Are you planning to challenge Guo?

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Dad says to tell Mom that history is still holding true.

House puka = rain

Also, he will not be leaving till Monday morning.

Love reading all the funny stuff, wish I had time to write more funny stuff myself. One funny thing was that last night was the first (small) thunderstorm since the gang got out here. AJ was surprised to wake up in the morning and find young Mr. Thunder crashed on the living room floor instead of his bedroom.

Also, I baked a quintuple batch of banana bread today. Whew!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Originally Posted by cinderella
Are you planning to challenge Guo?

No Guo on THAT idea! faint

D
D
T&L and Tucktummy -

New online game addiction - Boggle.

Little backstory, my mom kept Boggle by her chair and her, my sister and I would play A LOT. Mom bought Rebekah a Boggle and we've begun playing A LOT.

But Boggle came loaded on my computer, and I play people from around the US nearly every weekend.

It

is

the

BEST!

It would be so worth it to buy, but you can play it free online - without, but without the challenges. Still good practise, tho!

LOVE IT.

When I'm in my dotage and the kids have moved out, I am SO going to go to Boggle tourneys.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Had to take AJ to the hosp in the middle of the night for difficulty breathing. Apparently all this trouble he's been having is due to asthma, brought on by ???

2 breathing treatments and some IV steroids later, and he's fine except for all the sore muscles from coughing and wheezing for hours before he gave up and went in.

He has to visit the doc later today and get some inhalers. That's my last 12 hours in a nutshell.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
You know the move might have lowered his resistance to certain allergens.

It takes me a year or two after a big move to become innured to the new flora and faunas.

Perhaps it AJ like that?

Try incorporating local honey in your diets to help a bit.

Get well soon AJ!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
D
D
And Neak...

Boggle relaxes me.

kiss

Not only am I an addict, I'm a pusher, too.

My Story

Recovered!
A
A
Neak very glad AJ is ok big hugs [[[[[NEAK]]]]] wink

... freakin' men rant2 ... wouldn't go to get help when it was starting .. had to wait until until it got really bad ... absolutely typical :RollieEyes:

I think Mrs vdK needs to give him her 'doctors' talk when she gets annoyed with that sort of thing in the ED. think uhuh

but very glad AJ has it under control. now ... stickout

now remember Neak .. count to 10 before you say anything naughty grin

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

T
T
I think if you get sick, due to environmental considerations, less than 2 months after you move there temporarily, it's just possible that it may not be an optimal place to plan to move to permanently. That's what I think. Not that anybody's asked me... :RollieEyes::MrEEk::RollieEyes:

D
D
I'm so sorry T&L.

I know my mom's super bummed that we can't move up by her like we wanted to.

I can only imagine how YOU feel.

hug

My Story

Recovered!
A
A
There's a four letter word that comes up when I think of the move...........

COLD
skeptical sick

D
D
Oh man!

That IS a cuss word!

My Story

Recovered!
T
T
Actually, we're all planning to move as soon as we can get houses ready and sold...probably not before late next summer, at best, and then it will depend on the housing market. It will probably be easier to get a consensus between Neaksis and my husband, about a final destination, than with Neak, who has other, um, input she has to factor into her decision. laugh I don't really plan to be a part of the decision-making. Wherever we go the weather won't be as good as where we are, and I have no particular preference for a particular variety of "bad". :RollieEyes: When people decide, they just need to let me know so I can start packing.

This family has special needs because of the post-molestation issues of 6 kids, and I think we need to be close enough to each other to provide back-up, etc. as needed. As it is! Regularly. For either of the two households with kids to be far away and all alone seems unwise to me, since there will be no help available when help is essential--and it WILL be. I'd bet my life on it. That was really the only reason I was willing to consider moving up somewhere to be a pimple on Canada's butt. It's not a place I would've chosen on my own, and it wouldn't break my heart if we ended up somewhere else. flirt

A
A
What about TEXAS ???????????
10 reasons to live in Texas ......

10. A beer now and then never hurt anything. laugh

9. The San Antonio River Walk on a Saturday night.... you get to shoot the varmint's hurray

8. The Lone Star flying high all over the place. uhuh

7. Howard Hughes..... mmmmmmm ???????? :crosseyedcrazy:

6. Texas gave the world Dr. Pepper. whistle

5. Texas could show other states how to fix barbecue ... the Aussies taught them how stickout

4. You get to have your hair all fluffed up.... its the law hurray

3. Bluebonnets. cool

2. Are you a Republic like Texas? Oh well, keep working on it. laugh

1. The Hill Country in Spring. sigh

A
A
Ten reasons to live in West Australia
1. There's no rioting on the beaches.... the Great White rules crazy
2. We have four seasons, and you can guarantee you won't need your winter clothes .. its hot , followed by hot ... followed by hotter ... and then its summer cool
3. Even state houses have airconditioning.... well open windows anyway skeptical
4. You pay less tax north of the 56th parallel. hurray
5. People can go up north a get a job in the mines and earn heaps, fly-in-fly-out... week on week off ... :twobyfour:
6. The fremantle doctor arrives every day in summer ... cool sea breeze about the time to crack open a beer or two smile
7. The further you go North from Perth the wilder, bigger and hotter it gets... dance2
8. You can just keep going North.... faint
9. Some parts of Perth no-one was born in WA, and everyone is welcome.... kiss
10 It's warm in the summer, but often not too warm compared to Death Valley or the Sahara :RollieEyes:

A
A
An American visitor says there are reasons not to live in West Australia............

Of the ten DEADLIEST snakes in the whole world our friends down under play host to .. ahem ... TEN of them!!! You thought the Cobra, Rattlesnake or Black Mamba were deadly? Think again

Don't be silly .... we hardly ever have a snake in the house ... until summer smile

But don't think it just ends there with some silly old snakes.. he he he he ... no siree bob. Aussies have it all. Deadly spiders in your bed, your clothes, octopus which bite and kill you, the great white shark, jellyfish which kill in minutes, platypus talons, crocs in the rivers which hunt you, centipedes lets not forget THAT experience ...way to go Aussies

we try to please stickout lol rotflmao

Page 33 of 100 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 790 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation