Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
I think you are a mod.

B
B
I know for a fact that she isn't a moderator.

M
M
I think you are a mod.

Now, that's REALLY funny...

I double guarantee you, NO WAY!

But you probably don't believe what I say!!

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
D
D
Originally Posted by mimi_here
I was just trying to email Choctaw to ask why the thread was locked but YEA..it wasn't...

Charlotte:

You keep making me get that Michael Jackson song in my head...DANCING MACHINE...

dance2

But I'm sure your DANCING is much better than the above...LOL...

rotflmao

Yeah, it's a good song, though!!

And yeah, my dancing is better than little dude there, LOL!!

Thank you!

(He looks like he's trying to do some version of a square dance or something... rotflmao )

Charlotte

M
M
don't you want to say that in Morse code?

B
B
MEDC - I'll put it in Morse code if I feel like it.

You know, I butted heads with you right before Mother's Day two years ago.

I respect your opinion. We never hit it off, and I'll get over that.

M
M
Originally Posted by believer
Mimi - Though I won't be voting for him because of the abortion issue, I greatly respect Obama. He has been interested in the common man since he was 23. He did community outreach when he was 24. Then he felt he could help people more if he went to law school.

After graduating, he went back to the projects to help out again. He could have had lots of good jobs, but his heart has always been with the downtrodden.

He is an outstanding American.

What exactly is a community activist?

N
N
Originally Posted by believer
Mimi - Though I won't be voting for him because of the abortion issue, I greatly respect Obama. He has been interested in the common man since he was 23. He did community outreach when he was 24. Then he felt he could help people more if he went to law school.

After graduating, he went back to the projects to help out again. He could have had lots of good jobs, but his heart has always been with the downtrodden.

He is an outstanding American.

Mimi,
At church today, the priest acknowledged what a complex election year this will be for catholics and asked that all members search their heart and research the candidates and issues and vote our values.
I don't agree w/ a lot of Obama's political views , but I was not pleased w/ McCain's VP pick, so I have made it a point to listen to Obama and to research him and his affiliations and views in the last week and I do believe he has been wrongly accused of being anti american. I believe he lives by his values and that he values truth and life in many ways that the religious right refuse to acknowledge because of the abortion issue. That is their right... but, it is also your right to vote your values.
This IS America and we are not bound to vote by our religious affiliation.....or race.... or gender.
You do not deserve to be insulted over your views. Ignore the insults...... don't respond. There is a better chance you will be able to keep the thread open and discuss other issues which also important to you and other voters.

Last edited by nia17; 09/07/08 08:17 PM.
M
M
What exactly is a community activist?

Why do you ask, Marsh?

Believer said he did "COMMUNITY OUTREACH".

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
the priest acknowledged what a complex election year this will be for catholics and asked that all members search their heart and research the candidates and issues and vote our values.

Hopefully the priest explained that ANY Catholic that votes for a candidate that supports abortion is committing a grave sin and should not receive communion.

M
M
dance2

It's a little bit of THE TWIST and the MASHED POTATOES...

I know you've heard of THE TWIST. How 'bout the MASHED POTATOES???

W
weaver Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Mods, can someone please lock this thread. I tried to email, but I don't think it went through.

It was not my intent to keep this crap going.

M
M
Pope Benedict XVI has also clearly stated that any person supporting abortion is excommunicated as per Canon Law.

"Yes, this excommunication was not something arbitrary, but is foreseen by the Code (of Canon Law). It is simply part of church law that the killing of an innocent baby is incompatible with being in communion with the body of Christ."

Referring to Mexican bishops, the pope continued: "Therefore, they did not do anything new, surprising or arbitrary. They only underlined publicly what is foreseen in (canon) law, a law based on the church's doctrine and faith, on our appreciation for life and for human individuality from the first moment."

Last edited by medc; 09/07/08 08:15 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation