Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
D
Originally Posted by catperson
My mom used to live at Canyon Lake. I love that place. Haven't been tubing in 30 years...and Wurstfest!

Ooh! Me too! We used to go camping there and other hill country places every year, it was great!!

And we'd always squeeze in a visit to Schlitterbahn. It was really great before they got too big for their britches, LOL!!

Not very many people, short lines...aaaaaahhhhhh, the good ol' days!!

D
D
Yeah, tubing was always fun!! Gotta LOVE those temperature extremes...frozen butt, flaming torso, etc.

My sister and her BF worked the river at Gruene every year for a while. I never made it down there for tubing and rafting but Mom went with YDS & DD one year. They had a blast!!

Yeah, Sis's BF met Quentin Tarentino and that Rodriguez director dude one time ( I think the Rodriguez dude lives in SA)...I still have an autographed hat that QT gave BF. I need to put that sucker up on eBay. QT's sweat, Ladies!!

For those so inclined!! puke I'll take someone else's sweat, thank you! Like.....oh, how 'bout Vin Diesel or Christian Bale? Yeah!

rotflmao

C
C
OMFG! I've been in love with Christian Bale ever since Empire of the Sun and Newsies. I remember people used to tell me I was crazy, that he had no sex appeal! But I stuck by him. And now he's starring in the biggest selling movie of all time...

P
P
Up around Dallas, we're just expecting nasty storms... 4 in of rain and winds up to 50 mph is what they're predicting starting this evening.

Our Houston office is closed today and most of the Courts down that way are shutting down too.

Anybody needs a place to run to up my way, give me a shout and I'll be happy to oblige.

ML, I loved your Neighorhood Watch group. That pic should go on the front page of the newspaper! rotflmao

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
E
E
We are up on the north side of Houston also. Please let the pine trees remain standing. I've boarded up best as possible and picked up all objects that can become missiles of destruction. I'm sure we will lose power. For how long is anyone's guess. Hopefully the cold front will make it here to at least keep the temps cool. We could use some rain down here but not from a hurricane. Everyone in Ike's path please be safe.

Surfs up.

Me 45
W 46
Married 24 years
D23 S19 D17 D17(twins)
R
R
princess - be prepared for power outages in the dfw area and the duration since alot of resources have been sent south to restore potential power loss.

it will be interesting how Houston fares as compared to NOLA. 4 million ppl is a lot of folks to stand pat for a huge storm.

on the subj of river tubing in San Marcos/Gruene area - thats an annual event for my family. We went around 6/15 this year. Camping on the river may seem like a large frat party but it is mucho fun nevertheless.

Me:52
W: 52
Married: 32 yrs
2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
1 GDtr (2.5) precious little girl
P
P
Originally Posted by HeavensDoor
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Anybody needs a place to run to up my way, give me a shout and I'll be happy to oblige.

Anyone?

Anyone from MB that's FOR REAL and has a verifible story. You would not be included in this BA since you have trouble with the truth and are a known stalker.

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
princess - be prepared for power outages in the dfw area and the duration since alot of resources have been sent south to restore potential power loss.

Ugh. Wonder if it's going to go as far as Oklahoma. I could use a weekend getaway.

S
S
well guys I hope that you are fairing better than Houma and Terrebonne parish...we're ding a repeat of Rita...levees have been breeched and/or overtopped...paper reports that we may be worse than Rita with this one...I'm still good where I am in the parish but most of my families homes will be flooded if they are not already...

This is exactly Katrina and Rita...go figure Gustav and Ike...

And we stil have a long way to go...God bless all in the path...

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
P
P
Originally Posted by Strivn4Better
well guys I hope that you are fairing better than Houma and Terrebonne parish...we're ding a repeat of Rita...levees have been breeched and/or overtopped...paper reports that we may be worse than Rita with this one...I'm still good where I am in the parish but most of my families homes will be flooded if they are not already...

This is exactly Katrina and Rita...go figure Gustav and Ike...

And we stil have a long way to go...God bless all in the path...

Wow Rin, sending prayers your way. Are you sticking around this time?

P
P
Someone just sent this email around in our office:

Office Procedures Concerning Storm and Office Closings ...

As we watch the progress of the storm, the following are the firm's guidelines based upon the hurricane's intensity:

Hurricane Category #1
No excuse for being late. Leave earlier to give extra time to avoid fallen trees and limbs.

Hurricane Category #2
Due to the horizontal rain, you may wear jeans.

Hurricane Category #3
Whereas most of the area will be flooded we suggest you avoid wearing open toe sandals when coming to work. Canoes will be provided to get to the building safely without getting wet.

Hurricane Category #4
More than likely there will be no electricity. Given that, we will have manual typewriters available to all staff members. Please take extra caution and wear water-proof make-up if Category 4 or above.

Hurricane Category #5
Velcro will be provided to keep you attached to your chairs when the windows blow out.. For those that survive, we will have chocolate cake at 3:00 pm in the kitchen.

S
S
Yea, I'm on high ground here...when they dug out the Intercoastal canal all of the dirt from that was put on the east side and my house is built on top of that...

So, the boys and I are safe here...we have power and probably will not lose it...the paper reported that schools were to open Monday but that's been pushed back to Tues and from the results of this one, will probably be pushed back again...

I'll keep everyone posted...I don't really have anything to do...so I'll be around...my dad and SM are closer to the storm and I talked to them...SM works at a prison and said this morning b/c of work them can't leave...but at least they are safe where they are...don't have to worry about flooding...might be without power for some time and we'll have to get the generator to them...

Thomas Carlyle
M
M
S4B, wow, that would be horrific if y'all got flooded again. Thank goodness you are on high ground.

Well, the wind is starting to kick up pretty badly and I am about 30 miles inland. The sky is a wierd yellowish color. Many of the towns south of here are already flooded, blocking the roads, so the ppl who didn't leave are getting a serious butt chewing when the coast guard has to pull them off their roof.

Anyway, I am all prepared. My make up and hair are all done and my pistola is loaded. grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
GOOOOO MEL!! I happen to shot of a few the other day...I was so proud...two out of four with mine...I hadn't gotten any target practice in over a year...got the first two and pulled the last two...I was happy...

I need to get that makeup on...LMAO...hair's done!

for anyone interested check out houmatoday.com

Thomas Carlyle
K
K
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Someone just sent this email around in our office:

Office Procedures Concerning Storm and Office Closings ...

As we watch the progress of the storm, the following are the firm's guidelines based upon the hurricane's intensity:

Hurricane Category #1
No excuse for being late. Leave earlier to give extra time to avoid fallen trees and limbs.

Hurricane Category #2
Due to the horizontal rain, you may wear jeans.

Hurricane Category #3
Whereas most of the area will be flooded we suggest you avoid wearing open toe sandals when coming to work. Canoes will be provided to get to the building safely without getting wet.

Hurricane Category #4
More than likely there will be no electricity. Given that, we will have manual typewriters available to all staff members. Please take extra caution and wear water-proof make-up if Category 4 or above.

Hurricane Category #5
Velcro will be provided to keep you attached to your chairs when the windows blow out.. For those that survive, we will have chocolate cake at 3:00 pm in the kitchen.

That's hilarious. I take it your company does not excuse absences lightly! grin

S
S
rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao faint

Thomas Carlyle
P
P
Wow, this just in:

"President Bush Includes Dallas Co. In Emergency Declaration". faint

The sun's shining and it's hotter than heck.

M
M
oh boy howdy! My nephew, Josh, aged 18, autistic and lives just north of town, is LIVID MAD at the local TV stations for broadcasting the hurricane news!! rant2 Wanna know why? They cancelled his favorite show, THE PRICE IS RIGHT!! rotflmao

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
A
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
We are south of Houston but are hunkered down and ready! flirt

see how ready laugh

I MISS TEXAS!!!

Stay Safe Melody.

Amazin.

M
M
thanks much, Amazin! smile

Exposure 101

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 730 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation