Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#2125873 09/11/08 09:15 PM
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
After a bad day, I'm flipping over recent events...

If anyone is awake and wants to chat until my hubby decides to appear/turn his cell phone off...

I'll be awake until then anyways. There's no sleep coming anytime soon here.

Short story: He's out of town, at dinner 'with a client' (sounds shady to me), and has been MIA with his cell off for over 2 hours now. Granted, it is only now 8:15 there... but still.

Freaking, freaking, freaking...

Why do I do this to myself?!

Please help...

Talk some sense into me... I was doing OK... but with every passing minute I feel more and more like I'm going to puke and more and more like my brain is racing and it is filling with ugly thoughts and won't stop...

E.

#2125877 09/11/08 09:24 PM
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
OK, anyone besides this guy?? skeptical Come on... someone besides BA has gotta be awake..

Come on, the last thing I need right now is to be harrassed by BA...

E.

eeyoree #2125882 09/11/08 09:27 PM
D
D
I am. I just got home. If he's having dinner with a client then heck yeah it could take 2 hours.

I'm not sure what your recent events are, though.

eeyoree #2125885 09/11/08 09:29 PM
B
B
Hi, you there?

Belle, Domestic Goddess
K
K
Some clients find it incredibly rude if a cellphone is kept turned on during meetings.

It could just be that.

E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I guess my issue is, in the past, "dinner with a client" meant-- I'm gonna ask some woman to go to dinner with me, under the guise of "its a business dinner". It wasn't a necessary dinner, and was usually just the two of them. Really, it was an excuse to take her out to dinner. He tried to pass it off as being "necessary" or him "being nice" but I think it is just INAPPROPRIATE-- especially considering his past.

Now, I don't know what is going on. But I know his cell is off, and he's got three messages on there from a "Lisa" (that sound like its about business, but I'd bet my bottom dollar that's who he's at dinner with... alone... and that he'll lie about it...).

Maybe I'm just over reacting... I dunno. Sometimes its so hard to judge. I told myself over and over again in teh past that I was over reacting, and look where it got me.

A H with two "EAs" that everyone I've ever told the story to has said to me "well, yeah, I'd bet that was a PA too, at least once". It just doesn't add up. But I believed his bullsh!t... I bought it all, I was stupid, and blind and I loved him.

All I know is that I'm waiting, waiting...

I just don't see the need to turn off the cell? That is what really got me going... that the cell is off. WTF?>

E.

KiwiJ #2125889 09/11/08 09:33 PM
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by KiwiJ
Some clients find it incredibly rude if a cellphone is kept turned on during meetings.

It could just be that.

Fair enough. He could excuse himself and call for a second, or even send a quick text. Good enough, for now.

Honestly, I don't think its a business dinner.

That's the problem.

I think its another one of those "I'm using the business dinner as a guise to take another woman out to dinner without it really being a date". He's done it more times than I can count...

Sick of it...

E.

eeyoree #2125890 09/11/08 09:33 PM
K
K
Originally Posted by eeyoree
After a bad day, I'm flipping over recent events...

If anyone is awake and wants to chat until my hubby decides to appear/turn his cell phone off...

I'll be awake until then anyways. There's no sleep coming anytime soon here.

Short story: He's out of town, at dinner 'with a client' (sounds shady to me), and has been MIA with his cell off for over 2 hours now. Granted, it is only now 8:15 there... but still.

Freaking, freaking, freaking...

Why do I do this to myself?!

Please help...

Talk some sense into me... I was doing OK... but with every passing minute I feel more and more like I'm going to puke and more and more like my brain is racing and it is filling with ugly thoughts and won't stop...

E.

I'm really sorry you are going through this. Not sure if you are a believer, but I will be saying prayers for you.

eeyoree #2125891 09/11/08 09:34 PM
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
two hours, forty seven minute idle now...

tick, tock, tick, tock...

and he knows darned well that i usually go to bed at 11 too... in a half hour...

Well, usually. No point in going to bed tonight...

E.

#2125892 09/11/08 09:35 PM
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by HeavensDoor
****edit****

Thanks mods dance2

E.

E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I'm really sorry you are going through this. Not sure if you are a believer, but I will be saying prayers for you.

I am, and thank you. I'll need them.

Pray I am just over reacting...

But I guess the issue is, he could lie and I'd never know...

I hate that knot in my stomach right now (and I had a heck of a lot of chinese food for dinner...).

E.

Last edited by eeyoree; 09/11/08 09:38 PM.

eeyoree #2125896 09/11/08 09:40 PM
D
D
Originally Posted by eeyoree
I guess my issue is, in the past, "dinner with a client" meant-- I'm gonna ask some woman to go to dinner with me, under the guise of "its a business dinner". It wasn't a necessary dinner, and was usually just the two of them. Really, it was an excuse to take her out to dinner. He tried to pass it off as being "necessary" or him "being nice" but I think it is just INAPPROPRIATE-- especially considering his past.

Now, I don't know what is going on. But I know his cell is off, and he's got three messages on there from a "Lisa" (that sound like its about business, but I'd bet my bottom dollar that's who he's at dinner with... alone... and that he'll lie about it...).

Maybe I'm just over reacting... I dunno. Sometimes its so hard to judge. I told myself over and over again in teh past that I was over reacting, and look where it got me.

A H with two "EAs" that everyone I've ever told the story to has said to me "well, yeah, I'd bet that was a PA too, at least once". It just doesn't add up. But I believed his bullsh!t... I bought it all, I was stupid, and blind and I loved him.

All I know is that I'm waiting, waiting...

I just don't see the need to turn off the cell? That is what really got me going... that the cell is off. WTF?>

E.

Yeah, I hear ya'. Dang.

It doesn't sound good. And no reason to have the phone off in a restaurant, it's not like it's a hospital or something.

Man.

Well, try to breathe. I know how it gets when your brain is racing a million miles a minute and adrenaline is doing the same in your body.

Charlotte

E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
It doesn't sound good. And no reason to have the phone off in a restaurant, it's not like it's a hospital or something.

Exactly. And he could excuse himself from the table for a lousy three seconds, and call if it is going that late-- just for two seconds to say good night, etc. Go to the bathroom, for pete's sake. Its not like he needs to advertise at the table that he has to call his wife...

But I bet he won't. And he knows how I feel about this...

I can see having it on silent... but its not. Its off. It goes straight to voicemail when I call.

Same behavior as before...

tick, tock... we are now on 3 hours... MIA.

I have half a mind to call "Lisa's" phone (I have her number now) and ask to talk to my H... rotflmao

But, what if I truly was over reacting... then I'd be embarrassed and he'd kill me.

E.

eeyoree #2125909 09/11/08 09:54 PM
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
And the plot thickens...

A reverse phone number search on "Lisa's" phone comes up as a number from California.

He's supposively in Canada--- Calgary.

He did work a few weeks ago in California-- but I was under the impression that job was all wrapped up? And her calls on his cell-- the voice mails-- were from this week.

They sounded professional... but who knows.

I hate that nothing is simple to figure out.

I wish I would have known of this site 3 years ago when there were ENORMOUS redflag flying around, and I ignored and believed him.

I could have snooped easy back then... now it would be too hard to go back and piece it together...

So, I'm not sure what this Lisa business is now...

E.

eeyoree #2125915 09/11/08 10:18 PM
D
D
I hope he calls you soon.

Lisa, huh?

All the Lisas I've known have been bad news. Save one, she just made bad choices and hurt herself.

But the rest of them? Yeah.

I'm sure that all Lisas aren't that way, though. I just pulled a bad batch.

eeyoree #2125917 09/11/08 10:20 PM
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Well, its just about 11:30 my time, 9:30 where he is. Still MIA. Has been idle for 3 hours and 35 minutes now.

I left him a message to call me when he gets in. A very neutral message...

We'll see when/if he decides to come in and/or call...

He knows what time I go to bed. I guess talking to me before I go to sleep is not a priority... cry

I'm gonna attempt to get some sleep. We'll see if this works...

Thanks guys...

E.

eeyoree #2125922 09/11/08 10:33 PM
T
TJD Offline
T
Eeyoree,

I am just not a big fan of business travel and its because of what you are worrying about right now. Just a no win situation all around.

Why doesn't he have a company paid cellphone?

I doubt you'll sleep until he calls. Keep yourself busy.

ME BH 40 - FWW 39

Sons - 9 and 7

DDAY - March 18,2006

Married 10 years

Recovering
TJD #2125926 09/11/08 10:47 PM
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Still awake. Going on near 4 hours MIA now.

Its almost 10 pm where he is now. Late dinner, for a Thursday. Now I'm betting on a few drinks afterwards.

He KNOWS, KNOWS, KNOWS that it bothers me to no end when he goes MIA all night.

Thanks, H.

I hate the game playing. He's been playing games with me again since last night. I f@cking hate this. WTF does he have to act like a 2 year old for? Why can't he be MATURE?

e.

TJD #2125927 09/11/08 10:50 PM
E
eeyoree Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by TJD
Why doesn't he have a company paid cellphone?

He does. Its off. I don't know why. That may be because any calls in/out or any texts in/out we are getting charged for because he's in Canada right now. To avoid the costs of the incoming texts, he may have turned it off.

But he could turn it on and call. He might have left it in his room? I don't know.

He spent $600 on a PS3 today, but he's gonna be cheap and not pony up a lousy 49 cents to call me to say goodnight? BS.

E.

eeyoree #2125931 09/11/08 10:52 PM
T
TJD Offline
T
I've never had any cost concerns when it has come to a company paid cellphone. None.

ME BH 40 - FWW 39

Sons - 9 and 7

DDAY - March 18,2006

Married 10 years

Recovering
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 97 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation