Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
D
I just went into town to our little local grocery. I'll bet they are lovin' it, they are NEVER this busy!!

WM has shut down and boarded up. A few other places are closed. The hospital in the county seat is doing regular business, my friend went there to have her mammogram and bone density test. Probably the best time-no waiting!!

The vibes flying around here are just crazy, though. You can really feel how people are panicking. It's like walking by an electrical station. Everybody needs to calm down! crazy :crosseyedcrazy:

Case in point: After I left the grocery store I saw police cars going to this other little store down the block that's a smaller grocery store. I drove around the block because I was trying to go to another store. Well, when I came back around, there's the ambulance and 4 police cars, total. A small crowd gathered around the front door. I'm just guessing but I think someone had a heart attack over there. Dang "Chicken Littles" have everyone lathered up to a frenzy!!

We had yet another recorded call from officials about evacuating and what to do if we are sheltering in place.

The winds aren't even supposed to be that bad here, we're on the clean side of the storm. Isolated showers predicted. I hope we get some because we NEEEEEEED it!!

I still think this is really being blown out of proportion here. I suppose I'll find out if I end up getting blown away! rotflmao

But I'm not worried.

Charlotte

L
L
DM:

I went over to the National Hurricane Center to check out the picture of the storm.

I think it is going to get worse for Rin before it gets better.

The storm bands are going to be really bad to the North and East of the Eye. THey are wider and look stronger than the ones to the South and West of the eye.

Look at this interesting picture:
IKE in Rainbow colors.

Heres the Radar Screen shot at 3:00 pm.
IKE's radar Shot

So, those of you further south in TX are looking good right now, but it's coming tonight. Those who are further North are going to get it all day.

Good luck to all.

Wasn't that Mel under one of those baseball caps? 4th from the right?

LOL...

LG

Either way, be safe and pay attention.

M
M
Originally Posted by lousygolfer
Wasn't that Mel under one of those baseball caps? 4th from the right?

You must be smoking CRACK if you think the Texas princess would put a baseball cap on this bouffant!!! :MrEEk: I will have you KNOW my make up and hair are PERFECT TODAY in case I have to be RESCUED by Geraldo RIVERA on TV!! I even had my nails done yesterday! harumpf! sigh

Mel<-----used an extra can of AquaNet for the 130 mph winds flirt

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Hey, LG...I just heard that right now we are two feet below Rita right now in the parish and it will be getting worst...there's our local TV feed...

http://www.mogulus.com/htvhouma

They are showing water in the parish right now...from time to time it cuts out but this is where we are standing tight now...

thankx for the links...

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
D
D
Hey LG,

Thanks for the heads up!

Man, the hurricane sure looks ominous in the rainbow view!!

Great job pickin' Mel out in the photo!!!!!!!!!!! You were right on the money!!

I oughtta know, I was the photographer!! wink

rotflmao

Charlotte

L
L
Mel:

You must be smoking CRACK if you think the Texas princess would put a baseball cap on this bouffant!!! I will have you KNOW my make up and hair are PERFECT TODAY in case I have to be RESCUED by Geraldo RIVERA on TV!! I even had my nails done yesterday! harumpf!

Mel<-----used an extra can of AquaNet for the 130 mph winds

I would expect you to be in FULL GODDESS Mode.

But when your hunting VARMITS>>>

Gotta dress the part!!

Stay dry!

LG

C
C
Mel, did you see Geraldo getting knocked over in the water? Took a whole dunking, it was hilarious. Galveston is under water already, and it's not even the storm surge yet! So is Kemah, Seabrook, all the little towns to the north and east of Galveston. And the storm isn't even here yet. One of the places east of Galveston already has houses getting knocked loose from their piers and floating away, and that's just from the tide!

ayayay...

Well, back to get some more weeds pulled before it starts raining.

C
C
Strivn, FYI, my D18's best friend lives in Houma, but she said she lives on the north side in a new neighborhood, and they're fine so far. In case you need to leave, head north.

M
M
well, it is moving in now. The winds are about 50+ and the electricity keeps going out. Send Geraldo!! TEEF

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by catperson
Mel, did you see Geraldo getting knocked over in the water? Took a whole dunking, it was hilarious.

man, i love dat guy! he is a SCREAM! rotflmao

Exposure 101

S
S
HI Cat..I just happened to walk across the road to check out the bayou to see how high it is and we're still good here...not as high as it was for Rita yet...

It was up to HN2's back step for that one...right now it's at the shed...I'll check it again tomorrow morning...

I have been wanting to move to the north side for years...one day that will come...perhaps when find myself a new beau...and no I didn't mean BC, who I need to check on again...he lives @ an hour and a half from me, closer to the storm...but well inland...briefly checked with him this morning and he was good...

I will certainly get out of here if need be...
prayers and best wishes to all involved...winds still kickin hard here...breachin the levees and all that wonderful stuff...

pray

Thomas Carlyle
M
M
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine

rotflmao

Charlotte

you shut the hale up, you little traitor!! naughty

Exposure 101

D
D
Dedication to all of the folks to all those who will be introduced to Ike, if you haven't been introduced already:

dance2 <<<Dancing to: "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" by Wang Chung.

C'mon!!!!! Everybody now!!!!!!!

dance2 "EVERYBODY HAVE FUN TONIGHT!!!
(everybody have fun tonight)
EVERYBODY WANG CHUNG TONIGHT!!!!
(everybody Wang Chung tonight)

Across the nation...around the world!!!!

Everybody have fun tonight!!! Everybody Wang Chung tonight!!!"

dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2 dance2

hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray

rotflmao

D
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine

rotflmao

Charlotte

you shut the hale up, you little traitor!! naughty

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

S
S
Just checkin in with BC...OF COURSE he's doing well...with a 12 pack to go...told him I would post for him and let everyone know he's cool...

a true [censored]$$...hurricane party I'm sure...told him to drink one for me, since I couldn't get any today when I went out...LMAO..

WELCOME IKE...he's pretty pissed at TINA AGAIN!

Thomas Carlyle
C
C
Ok, reality setting in...our trees are starting to bend over sideways.

I just realized how close the trees are in the forest behind our back yard...

S
S
That's what BC said..."it's getting Real!"

Thomas Carlyle
R
OP Offline
R
Texan's:

How are things now?

Jo

K
K
Jo, from what I'm hearing things are looking very bad for the Texans right now.

ETA and that's from me on the other side of the world. frown

I'm worried about our Texans. We have lots of them.

Last edited by KiwiJ; 09/12/08 09:18 PM. Reason: cos I'm worried
W
W
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
We are south of Houston but are hunkered down and ready! flirt

see how ready laugh

Yes, that's the Texas I remember. laugh

Stay safe, kiddo. (kiddos, all of you. Char, you too, hear?)

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Douglasbubbletro), 211 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
peppa, RP4280, Philip Pitre, ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg
71,872 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Children
by Douglasbubbletro - 09/28/24 06:04 PM
Spying on Wife's phone without getting caught?
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 08:59 PM
Depression
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 11:19 AM
Separated/Dating
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:58 PM
Child activities
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:56 PM
Loss of libido/Sexual Attraction
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:10 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,608
Posts2,323,425
Members71,872
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation