Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Yep, there is.

cry OMG Mrs. W, I'm sitting here at my desk with tears in my eyes. I just watched that video. Awesome... just awesome. I loved the way they reversed it... if only... huh?

Ahhhh...thanks for the insight...

Yes...if only, if only PM...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

R
R
Wow. Just read this. It appears that Kirk Camaron will only kiss his wife, even in movies. Very admirable.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,427161,00.html

Married 23 yrs
WW-46
Me- 47
DD18
DD11
Dday #1 - Oct. 8 2006
Too many other D-Days to remember
G
G
Yeah

Some one at church told me they flew his wife in for the last kiss in the movie........

Wow is all I can say.

Love is difficult, you have to sacrifice....A LOT. But when it REALLY REALLY WORKS.....it must be absolutely wonderful.

P
P
What an awesome example and a breath of fresh air from all the slutiness that goes on in Hollywood.

Last edited by princessmeggy; 09/25/08 09:43 AM.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
I
I
Bump . . . for opening Day!

Saw the previews on Fox News last night during The O'Reily Factor. Excited for tonight's showing!

Favorite Quotes: "It's not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the stong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena . . . who, at best, knows in the end - the triumph of great achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails; at least fails while daring greatly. So that his place will never be with those cold timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." "What you tolerate dominates"
F
F
I can not wait for hubby and I to see this movie, I saw the preview and that made me cry,,

Me BS 46
FWH 50
married 29 years
seperated 6/03 (FWH lived with OW)
came home 2/04 many broken NC's, many false recoverys
But!! In full recovery now and for the most part doing great!
Ps 3 grown children and 2 awesome grands!
G
G
I would LOVE to go see this with my wife. There is about as much chance of her seeing this as there is me becomeing the next president of the United States.

And IF she did, she would just say its unrealistic and stupid.

Sigh, I'm going by myself. Even though I am a guy, I cry pretty easy. My wife thinks all those type of movies and songs are sappy and a waste of time......but, its MY time, I guess.

I
iam Offline
I
Originally Posted by gabagool
There is about as much chance of her seeing this as there is me becomeing the next president of the United States.

This is strange for a married couple!?!?!

Don't you do things she likes?

F
F
I loved the movie! It was actually funny at times as well. No problem taking a child under 10. We had a theatre full of teens as a matter of fact! I think one of the local churches bought up tickets. The theatre was full. My H and I really enjoyed it. No triggers for me either.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
R
R
I saw the movie tonight. I actually saw it with mrsrock. I told her yesterday that tonight we were having a date night. I really wasn't sure what we were going to do. I did want to see this movie, but was pretty sure that my wife wouldn't want to. I threw it out there and she agreed.
I really didn't know what to expect. All in all it was pretty good. There were some powerful moments. There were also a few corny ones.
I don't think that mrsrock liked it very much.

Married 23 yrs
WW-46
Me- 47
DD18
DD11
Dday #1 - Oct. 8 2006
Too many other D-Days to remember
L
L
Docp and I just got back from seeing it. The movie hit very close to home for us and many parts pretty much mirrored our marriage. We use to treat each other the way the characters did in the movie. Add three kids to the mix and the movie could have been about us.

Overall, we both thought it was a good movie. Like others said, it's not high budget, not going to win any "best actor" awards, but it was entertaining.

There were 2 couples in front of us and when we were leaving we heard one of the guys say: "Man, that was a chick flick, I thought it was going to be about fire fighters." Docp and I just chuckled as we walked by and figured his W didn't show him the whole movie trailer.

I would recommend watching both the regular trailer and the teaser trailer before seeing the movie.

Teaser trailer

LC

Last edited by lifeschoice; 09/28/08 05:58 PM. Reason: add a thought

L
L
I thought this was a great story to share about the movie.

Here is Kirk Cameron's interview on the Today Show. Be sure to check out the video clip it has interesting history of the making of the movie. The movie was made by a church. He also said all cast members were volunteers. Kirk said he was not paid for his role, instead the production company made a donation to a camp for terminally ill children that he and his W run.

Today Show interview

H
H
All I can say is this movie is amazing. Left me in tears. I Went friday with my husband and again tonight we saw it with our kids. We were with another couple and her husband asked her to renew there vows after the movie was over.

P
P
Two years too late for me.

Oh well.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
C
C
We saw it Saturday nite. Hubby and I both gave it five out of five stars. We both cried. Many people were crying in the theatre. We thought it was awesome. I highly recommend it.

F
F
My hubby and I saw the movie last night it was sooo good we held each other and cryed and cryed. It really hit home in so many areas, two huge thumbs up!!!!

As we where leaving the movie we could see that almost every one was wiping their eyes, again very good.

Me BS 46
FWH 50
married 29 years
seperated 6/03 (FWH lived with OW)
came home 2/04 many broken NC's, many false recoverys
But!! In full recovery now and for the most part doing great!
Ps 3 grown children and 2 awesome grands!
J
J
We watched the movie last night in a totally packed theatre and it was simply awesome!!! It mirrors Dr. Harley's principals of Plan A and mutual forgiveness and is a must see.

This is the first movie I have ever seen that got long applause at the conclusion from the audience that included children all the way to senior citizens.

In my area there are church groups trying to sign up enough people to bring it to our smaller community theatres. (We had to travel to a larger city to see it.)

I wish I and my wife had seen this movie years ago... I lot of things would have made a lot more sense to both of us. We both saw ourselves in the movie. Definitely see the show if you can. smile

FWW 48 had EA and PA affair with my brother which ended in 2006. Me BH 53. Happily recovering with a new and better marriage through MB!!! My thread - http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2110024#Post2110024
S
S
My husband and I saw the movie last night and I guess I'm still trying to decide how I felt about it. The thing that really bothered me was that the wife was having an emotional affair with the other man but but she never apologized for letting that happen. Did anyone else feel that way? Maybe I'm a bit touchy about the subject because I think my husband had an emotional affair a few years back, even though he has never admitted to it. The movie seemed to be focused on the fact that the husband had been wrong in a lot of ways, but nothing was said about the wife. It was almost as if it was okay because of what he was doing.

Shadows

F
F
Shadows,

It bothered me a bit too. What I figured was time constraints kept them from truly addressing the EA and I hope that they did indeed deal with it as a couple. I like the way the H confronted the CS OM. I liked the way the H became the W's hero as well. Not to say his treatment of her justified her behavior, in fact I thought they did an admirable job of showing that her EA in fact interfered with his plan A but he kept on going. I also liked the older female co-worker that pointed out to the WW that "if he does it with you, he will do it to you". We ALL know that one, LOL.

All in all a very good movie.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
P
P
I just got back from seeing the movie with my DH. Excellent!! We both cried (along with just about everyone else). The thing I took away from the movie the most is that she doubted his sincerity, no matter what he did, because she had decided not to ever trust him, leaving herself open to outside influences. Near the end of the movie, when he did what he did (quietly with no expectations and the ultimate sacrifice-- at least for him) he blew her away. Awesome.

I think they did deal with her EA in an unspoken way. Did you see how broken she became when she realized how she almost destroyed her marriage by buying into what POSOM tried to get her to believe. He was the typical POSOM... telling her what she wanted to hear, taking credit where credit wasn't due, hiding his own marriage... etc. It was clear to me how broken she was because she realized how stupid she had been.

I'm sure if the movie had gone on further, it would have shown a scene where she asked for forgiveness, but the way it was played IMO was perfect.

But you know... expecting to be asked for forgiveness kind of defeats the purpose of being forgiving.

Even though I was the BS, I related very much to this movie.

Awesome. Just awesome.

Last edited by princessmeggy; 10/04/08 06:33 PM. Reason: emphasis

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 446 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation