Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26
W
W
Originally Posted by medc
But make no mistake, I would be full in favor of scrapping the election if McCain has ties to terrorists. Your quote about Liddy is why the 2nd amendment exists. The government should be resisted if it attempts to circumvent the constitution. They should be resisted with force. THAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE 2ND AMENDMENT.

Common Medc, you're splitting hairs. As a former PO, you know darn good and well as did Liddy when he made the statement that the ATF and the FBI had JUST CAUSE and a WARRANT to search the compound. It's still extremist statements by someone advocating KILLING FEDERAL AGENTS WHO TRY TO SERVE A LEGITIMATE WARRANT and McCain's buddy Liddy condoned it.

Besides allegations of sexual abuse and misconduct, the Branch Davidians were accused of stockpiling illegal weapons. Authorities investigated these charges and obtained a warrant to search the Branch Davidian compound.

Want2Stay

BS-me 36
FWW-34
DS-7 & DS-3
PA - 7/06-8/06
EA - 6/06-1/07
D-Day: wife confessed 2-17-07, suspected 8-02-06
Broke NC: 2-19-07, 3-24-07, 5/07
My Story
My Wife's Story
---------------------
Healing one day at a time.....
M
M
No actually I wasn't splitting hairs. I was not familiar with the quote or the context in which they were said.

IMHO, Liddy should be locked up if that is what he said to one of those members...to me that is conspiracy to commit murder.

I also think McCain should be held to the same standard that I am holding Obama. IF this is accurate, he should NOT be president. Again, I have not seen anything in the liberal media about this. Perhaps there is a bit more to the story?

Last edited by medc; 10/10/08 10:49 AM.
M
M
If his criminal activity helped bring down a president weren't bad enough, Liddy actually advocated terrorist acts, too. In 1994, Liddy advised listeners to his radio show to kill federal law enforcement agents: "Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests. ... Kill the sons of b*tches."

this was your quote. You failed to mention warrants or the context.

Perhaps you would like me to read your mind???

M
M
I stand by my statements about Liddy and McCain...but please note that there is a huge difference between talking about something on a public radio station and actually bombing US sites.

Right???

I
iam Offline
I
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
Go ahead, Iam, the floor is all yours.

For me the most important issue is that of respect for life. The fact that we legally murder 1,000,000,000 children per year in America is horrifying.

In the hopes of saving millions of our children, I will vote for the canidate that most closely supports this goal of saving lives.

Last edited by iam; 10/10/08 10:56 AM. Reason: addition
M
M
That is why Alan Keyes is the best canidate IMO.

I agree. However, since he has zero chance of winning, I think a vote for a pro life candidate that actually can win would be in order. Just my opinion.

M
M
Originally Posted by iam
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
Go ahead, Iam, the floor is all yours.

For me the most important issue is that of respect for life. The fact that we legally murder 1,000,000,000 children per year in America is horrifying.

In the hopes of saving millions of our children, I will vote for the canidate that most closely supports this goal of saving lives.

Cool.

I believe MEDC has said almost the same thing. If not on this thread, than on another.

And it's the most important issue for me too.

Other's don't feel that way, which is why we've moved onto other subjects.

I
iam Offline
I
That is why Alan Keyes is the best canidate IMO.

I agree. However, since he has zero chance of winning, I think a vote for a pro life candidate that actually can win would be in order. Just my opinion.

You quoted me before I edited that medc.

That is what I struggle with. Alan Keyes is the best canidate IMO but I KNOW it is a throw away vote.

So, I'm stuck. Do I vote my conscience or do I vote the lesser of two evils? Part of me thinks that the more often we vote for the lesser of two evils that we will only exacerbate that choice in the future.

If Alan Keyes could have raised $200,000,000,000 like Hillary he might be a canidate. He has more qualifications than almost all canidates. But he believes in life, God and family. Not a good combination in DC.

I'm trying to understand this from a catholic perspective.

M
M
Originally Posted by Want2Stay
Common Medc, you're splitting hairs. As a former PO, you know darn good and well as did Liddy when he made the statement that the ATF and the FBI had JUST CAUSE and a WARRANT to search the compound. It's still extremist statements by someone advocating KILLING FEDERAL AGENTS WHO TRY TO SERVE A LEGITIMATE WARRANT and McCain's buddy Liddy condoned it.

You know very well that Liddy's comments were made in response to the government AMBUSH and slaughter of innocent citizens at Ruby Ridge. An FBI sniper shot down an unarmed woman, Vicki Weaver, holding a 10 month baby, like a dog. Liddy is speaking about SELF DEFENSE.

Bill Ayers did not commit his acts of terrorism in self defense. BIG DIFFERENCE.

It is shocking to me that anyone could draw a moral equation between the 2. Through what logic would SELF DEFENSE be considered an act of "terrorism" on the same plane as blowing up government buildings? crazy

Reason Online
Ambush at Ruby Ridge

How government agents set Randy Weaver up and took his family down
Alan W. Bock | October 1993 Print Edition

Perhaps it was inevitable that the longest federal trial in Idaho history would be followed by the longest jury deliberation in such a trial–a 20-daymarathon that had news people joking about whether the jury planned to put in for retirement benefits. The eight-week trial of Randy Weaver and Kevin Harris grew out of such a bizarre set of circumstances that it’s not surprising it took a while for the jurors to sort things out. It probably also took them a while to come to grips with the idea that government agencies could so blatantly engage in entrapment, lying, cover-ups, and the killing of innocent people. As one alternate juror, excused before deliberations were completed, put it: "I felt like a little kid that finds out there is no Santa Claus"

On July 8, 1993, in what The New York Times called "a strong rebuke of the Government’s use of force during an armed siege," a jury in Boise found Randy Weaver, 45 and almost always described in the media as a "white separatist," and family friend Kevin Harris, 25, not guilty on six of eight counts, including murder of a U.S. marshal, conspiracy to provoke a confrontation with the government, aiding and abetting murder, and harboring a fugitive.

Weaver was found guilty on two minor counts: failure to appear on an earlier firearms charge and violating conditions of bail on the same count. As of this writing, he is still in custody, with sentencing scheduled for September 28. Although the maximum sentence for the two crimes is 15 years, his sentence is likely to be about a year, roughly the amount of time he has already served. Kevin Harris went free the day of the verdict.

The story behind the Weaver/Harris verdict began with government entrapment and continued through 16 months of armed surveillance of Weaver’s cabin in the steep, heavily wooded Selkirk Mountains near Naples, about 40 miles south of the Canadian border in the rural "panhandle" region of northern Idaho. It climaxed in a bloody shootout that left three people dead, including Weaver’s wife, Vicki, killed by an FBI sniper as she stood in the door of the cabin holding her 10- month-old baby. In the wake of the shootout, federal agents offered shifting and contradictory accounts of the events.

entire article

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
If his criminal activity helped bring down a president weren't bad enough, Liddy actually advocated terrorist acts, too. In 1994, Liddy advised listeners to his radio show to kill federal law enforcement agents: "Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests. ... Kill the sons of b*tches."

this was your quote. You failed to mention warrants or the context.

Perhaps you would like me to read your mind???

You can find the quote here---> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-k-wilson/john-mccains-terrorist-co_b_133326.html

Which I find funny b/c Want2 is quoting a leftist, who wrote a book about Obama, and yet, Want2 felt the need to chastise me about posting an opinion piece written by a conservative, whom I named and left a link to.

LOL

W
W
Let me make one more point about McCain's lastest tactics then I'll try to focus on the issues.

Where I come from, and the motto I have tried to live my life by, is that a man is only as good as his word. It's what bound me to fight for my M because I made a vow that I would for better or worse. If a man has kept his word and tried to live an honest life that is a true testament to his CHARACTER. Fair enough right? Let's take a look at McCain's word:

John McCain's Word

You still think he's being TRUE to his WORD today? Does upholding your word only apply when you are ahead in the polls? He has become the person he so vehemently detested just 10 months ago. Everyone has been arguing that it's a matter of CHARACTER and McCain's ACTIONS over the past two weeks have proven that he has NONE. He wants to be President SO bad that he would sell his soul to the devil to do it. To me, his lack of CHARACTER speaks volumes. Maybe he should take a look in the mirror?

Want2Stay

BS-me 36
FWW-34
DS-7 & DS-3
PA - 7/06-8/06
EA - 6/06-1/07
D-Day: wife confessed 2-17-07, suspected 8-02-06
Broke NC: 2-19-07, 3-24-07, 5/07
My Story
My Wife's Story
---------------------
Healing one day at a time.....
M
M
Want, as far as I can see, he has maintained that respectibility. Saying the truth about his opponent is his civic responsibility as a candidate and a senator. He has a MORAL IMPERATIVE to get the truth out there. IT IS AN ACT OF HONOR.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
See how it's done, Want2?

Mel proved the author had not gotten his facts correct. She didn't just dismiss them by saying they were written by a leftist.

D
D

:twobyfour:
:crosseyedcrazy:

None of the back and forth even matters at this point. The election has already been decided.

The oppressed are going to rise up and vote those Republicans the h*ll out of office!! Hallelujah!!!

There is a LOT of buzz about the election...everywhere I go. It even came up at a wedding I photographed last week. Yep.

Say "Bye-bye!!"

Charlotte

M
M
I always suggest people fighting fair until the other side fails to play by the rules. Obama clearly went against his word about financing the campaign and he is clearly lied. So, either McCain calls him to the carpet or it goes unchallenged.

I have NO problem with fighting dirty when your opponent is doing the same thing.

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

M
M
Charlotte, I hate to tell you this, but even the pollsters are saying that elections are not decided until the weekend before the election. Right now, most polls have it in a dead heat. Reagan was BEHIND the Friday before his first election and only pulled out ahead on Sunday. There are many other examples. just an fyi....

Exposure 101

M
M
The oppressed are going to rise up and vote those Republicans the h*ll out of office!! Hallelujah!!!

what a disgrace.

and to end it with Hallelujah...disgusting.

M
M
Hallelujah is word used to praise God. Using it to applaud one who destroys God's children speaks volumes about you.

M
M
ack! TEEF Upcoming news report: "Ayers story impacting polls" and there is a breaking story about Obama's connection to ACORN! :MrEEk:

Exposure 101

K
K
Hallelujah is word used to praise God. Using it to applaud one who destroys God's children speaks volumes about you.

Destroys God's children?

How many people have died in Iraq in the last 5 1/2 years, both American and Iraqi?

Divorced
Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 258 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation