Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
I feel like I'm losing my mind. Things were better a couple of days ago. Now we're back to no "I love yous", no kisses good bye, no nothing. Is this normal? How do you keep your sanity during this process?

confused and not ready to lose
C
C
When, IF EVER, does this start to get better?
It will start to get better when you drive over to her mommy and daddy's house and tell them that their daughter is trying to have an affair with your husband, if she already hasn't. It will start to get better when you tell your H's parents and siblings what is going on. And your family and y'all's friends.

NOTHING will change until you expose the affair for what it is and make it as ugly and slimy as it is for everyone to see. Expect him to get mad. Calmly reply "I am saving my marriage and respecting myself."

M
M
I did this for over a year. My H told me that they were "just friends." I asked him point-blank if they were having sex. He said no. I asked HER, she said no. She even tried to be friends with me. My GUT told me it was bad, but I didn't want to believe my gut because it meant that the man I married was lying to my face.

Eventually, I caught them in a small lie, but I must have looked upset enough for H to worry and he ended his "friendship." But it started again three months later and continued for another THREE YEARS without my knowledge.

It was a PA from the beginning. He was "gaslighting" me...making me believe it was all my problem, that if I were more secure with myself I would be ok with his friendship, that he could have female friends. It's B*$%#$t!

A man who is committed to his M will give up ANY friend just because his wife is unhappy. There is NO CONTEST. Think about this...if you had a male friend and your H was uncomfortable with it, wouldn't you stop your friendship? Wouldn't you choose your H over a friend?

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through, but your H is in an active A and it will not get better until you EXPOSE it to everyone, establish NO CONTACT with the OW, and start to rebuild your M together.

Definitely snoop. My first suggestion would be to ask to read ALL of the texts. Then hide a voice-activated recorder in his car so you can listen to him talking with her when he thinks he's alone. Ask for transparency. If he has nothing to hide, he won't have any problem with this.

DON'T IGNORE THIS. It pains me to think of someone else going through the horrendous years that I endured.

MogiSola

BW (me)
FWH (him - he's earning the F)
3 boys (4, 5, and 7)
M 1997
LT EA/PA 2004-2007
D-Day #1 Feb 2006
Joined MB.
D-Day #2 Feb 2008
D-Day #3 Aug 2008
Began REAL recovery Sept 2008.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation