Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
A
Originally Posted by MrWondering
As far as tax rates, lowering tax rates can't possible ALWAYS result in more tax revenues. With that logic, a ZERO percent rate would yield the highest result. There IS a balance and trickle down economics clearly doesn't work.

Ah, but Mr. W, you are applying logic here. The arguments from the other side have nothing to do with logic, only with slogans! "Corporations don't pay taxes!!" - now I have really heard it all....

AGG

A
A
Originally Posted by Resonance
Watch and see how far the claws come out in these last two weeks....MEEEEOOOWWWWW! stickout

Yeah, if the last few weeks have been any indication, we're in for two very ugly weeks...

AGG

K
K
Originally Posted by AGoodGuy
"Corporations don't pay taxes!!" - now I have really heard it all....

AGG

Who's been saying that?

That IS silly!

Divorced
A
A
Originally Posted by Krazy71
Originally Posted by AGoodGuy
"Corporations don't pay taxes!!" - now I have really heard it all....

AGG

Who's been saying that?

That IS silly!

Our resident business management expert:

Originally Posted by The_Lorax
Again, corporations do not pay taxes.
Any taxes.
Their customers pay the taxes for them.
Why does anyone want to punish the consumer any more?

Business management 101.

AGG

M
M
If 7 of the 9 Supreme Court Justices that are charged with "changing their philosophies" were nominated and appointed by Republican Presidents that you voted for than exactly whose hands have more blood on them????

Seriously though, I doubt very much that these Republican appointed Justices really went against their own philosophies so much so that they choose to become abortionists. Rather, I think they recognized that the LAW itself, the right to privacy, the right to liberty, HAS to be protected federally by life appointed members of the judiciary whom are thus insulated from the partisanship and mob-rule mentality that WOULD occur otherwise.

The Right to Privacy protects so much more than the right to reproductive freedom. Without it (as the true strict constructionalist would have it) each state would get to legislate according to it's own majority interests a bevy of matters that both you and I believe untouchable. Take, for instance, the Catholic promoted proposed Constituitional Amendment that you had long ago posted a link to. It not only wanted to outlaw abortion but it wanted to outlaw many common and accepted methods of birth control. Without Supreme Court protection, States would be free to ban the birth control pill and IUD's since such methods commonly act as abortifacients, or abortion causing agents and would be considered abortion by the Catholic proposal. They could ban contraceptives altoghter, even by married couples as Connecticut attempted to do and were deterred by the Supreme Court in 1964's Griswold v. Connecticut. In another state absent the "right to privacy", perhaps, Catholic Schools, or Lutheran Schools or home schooling CAN and WILL be banned by the state legislatures there depending on the whims of the majority (read Pierce v. Society of Sisters). Utah, for example, may pass laws allowing bigamy and attaching amendments calling for the arrest and detention of all homosexuals. States, unfettered by the restrictions of the first amendment of the Constitution which says "CONGRESS, shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech, or the press..." would be free to regulate speech and/or the press...if it so chose to.

You may think that's ridiculous, but these are REAL examples of what CAN occur. My point is...anyone that denies there is a constitutionally protected right to privacy would abdicate judicial responsibility in protecting themselves and all individuals from the threat of STUPID laws enacted by STUPID politicians in any given state at any given time elected by any given majority (Christians beware as we will NOT remain the majority for much longer in vast areas of this country and the removal of the right to privacy can pave the way to Christian persecution as described in the end times).

Finally, how do I allign this with my Christian beliefs? Well, I'd prefer to see LESS abortions (actually NONE but that's an impossible standard for either position). To solve this, I'd like to see the issue put to rest. If it became illegal, besides the fear of state legislatures...I envision vast resources being consumed to prosecute and jail offenders while the pro-choice people will continue to press for it's legality once again. Wealthy Americans will just take their daughters abroad leaving only the poorest American women enduring the chains of the government on their uterus's. I think keeping it legal and somehow ending the debate (with either a solid majority Supreme Court consensus or a Right to Reproductive Freedom Act or Amemdment) such that both sides of the issue stop fighting and can come together and resolve to make such "CHOICE" an expanded choice where women choose to forego abortions and endure their pregnancies would be for the best. Less unwanted pregnancies via more sex education...including abstinance training in both our public and private schools. Every 16 year old and over should KNOW what a condom is, how to use it and where to get them readily. I'd like to see women have real choices such as pregnancy homes for young women where they can get prenatal care, education (about parenting and sex education to avoid reccurence), adoption alternatives, etc. Parents of young adults also need eduction by our churches, schools and community organizations on how best to address these issues with their children. Of course, poverty needs to be addressed and MARRIAGE needs to be promoted in this country as well (less abortion occurs in marriage). Wouldn't it be great to see the vast resources spent fighting about this issue redirected at minimizing this issue. The MONEY is right there. To me...the legality of it is settled and calling me a butcher is the same as calling every American that lives under the Constitution a butcher. If you are not a fan of the Constitution...Delta is ready when you are. It's the document that provides the freedom to choose...not me (nor judges suddenly switching philosophies), so let's find ways TOGETHER to get women to choose responsibl before and after sex. In the end, it is my ardent belief that MORE of God's children will survive and thrive addressing the problem this way (which is the point) AND my/everyone's valued individual rights and privacy remain protected.

Aside...Republicans absent this false agenda, which they are only paying lip-service to anyway to capture the single-issue voters, would HAVE to come up with real agenda's and real leaders whose qualifications expand beyond the simple "I'm pro-life" litmus test to sway voters their way which will likely result in a better government eventually. I know I'd likely switch back to the Republicans.

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
M
M
If 7 of the 9 Supreme Court Justices that are charged with "changing their philosophies" were nominated and appointed by Republican Presidents that you voted for than exactly whose hands have more blood on them????

Yours...and all the Johnny Cochran legalese that you can come up with does not change that fact.

You want to see abortion illegal, yet you would vote for the single biggest supporter of the abortion industry. He has promised to sign the Freedom of Choice Act immediately after taking office.

I am truly embarrassed that any "Christian" could support such a man. I don't mind the AGG's and Krazy's of the world. But a supposed Christian...you are in a serious backslide. God's law is a heck of a lot more important than a Johnny Cochran interpretation of the Constitution. The Constitution does not provide the right to choose abortion. That is evil clouding your judgment.

You offer some good ideas, which along with a ban on legal abortions would have teeth. Absent that, they are hollow words that mean squat.

D
D
ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dufresne
dufresne.mb@gmail.com
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation