Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
R
R
Originally Posted by JoJo422
Originally Posted by mimi_here
PLEASE, I'm sincere, explain to me WHY you would purposely vote for someone that YOU KNOW is going to take MORE of your MONEY.

Why would you vote for someone that wants to TAKE YOUR money and GIVE it to someone else??

I really, truly DO NOT get it...

I believe in sharing with those less fortunate than I. I believe that I have been BLESSED and believe in giving back a portion of what I have been given.

I, in no way, believe that John McCain shares this CORE BELIEF of mine.

This woman shares my views, eloquently explaining my viewpoint.

"Bleeding Heart Liberal"

You're a generous person....I understand that, so am I. BUT I would rather, and I do, give MY MONEY to WHO I WANT TO give it to, not to who the federal government thinks I should.

You are blessed because of your hard work....GOD helps those that help themselves....

I'm all for helping those that are less fortunate, the elderly (more than ANYONE) and the truly indegent. I AM NOT for helping those that ARE LAZY....those that WELFARE is a WAY OF LIFE....those that have BABY AFTER BABY AFTER BABY while on WELFARE...those that are IN THIS COUNTRY ILLEGALLY.

Currently there are somewhere near 40% of the workers or 40 million ppl that do not pay one dollar in tax. The tax cut envision by the Dems could give $500 to $1000 to those folks. Now seriously is that amount going to help those in that income level. Money will never solve it. Education while making sure the basic needs are taking care of will pull the person out of poverty. It is the only path. Thats the secret to end poverty.

They need to have tools and the knowledge to provide for themselves. Giving them a small cheque while taxing folks that can provide a job afterwards makes no sense to me. Govt can make an investment once to these ppl and then it is up to them.

Me:52
W: 52
Married: 32 yrs
2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
1 GDtr (2.5) precious little girl
J
J
I AM NOT for helping those that ARE LAZY....those that WELFARE is a WAY OF LIFE....those that have BABY AFTER BABY AFTER BABY while on WELFARE...those that are IN THIS COUNTRY ILLEGALLY.

ME EITHER..I'm not for helping these people.

The system has been devised....to keep this from occurring..you cannot get assistance without working a certain number of hours a week and/or going to school...

I am SO SORRY....But you are WRONG, SOOOOOO VERY WRONG!!!

The system is SERIOUSLY FLAWED....what you are saying is the way the welfare/social services USED to be, a VERY LONG TIME AGO, but not any more.

WIC, food stamps, Medicaid, Aid to Dependant Children, etc, is VERY Easy to get for most.

Those that TRULY need the HELP....ie the ELDERLY and truly indegent are the ONE's THAT DO NOT GET IT.

If you are elderly and need MEDICAID because you cannot afford a 2ndary insurance to your Medicare, you can't pay for your RX's but you have property then the STATE will not give you HELP. They want you to SELL everything, use that money then they will help you, but of course, then you don't have a home.

If you are indegent and have NO HOME they won't help you because you do not have a residence.

NOW TELL ME that those THAT TRULY need help are getting it.

THEY ARE NOT.... uhuh

I have worked in the Medical and Social Services field for 20 years....those that CAN GET OFF THAT ARSES and work but don't GET EVERYTHING....those that are not ABLE DO NOT GET ANYTHING...

I'm SORRY....but you keep thinking that your money is going to help those TRULY in NEED....Keep thinking that SPREAD the WEALTH is going to make things better....IT'S NOT.

WELFARE REFORM is what will make things BETTER....NOT SPREAD the WEALTH.

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
J
J
In other words - jobs can be found if one looks for them.

EXACTLY..... rant2

I was in 3 places today alone that had 'HELP WANTED' signs up. But that's beneath most of those sitting on WELFARE. It's not enough money. Well, if one jobs not enough....GET TWO.

Been there, done that, have the tshirt. crazy

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
M
M
why work when you can sit home and collect a check, food stamps and soon to be at your door...healthcare. The SLOWEST time in my old police district was...RUSH HOUR. About 11am all the drunk losers woke up and started causing trouble till 3 am....funny how they would find money for the bar but not food, diapers or healthcare.

M
OP Offline
M

M
OP Offline
M

R
R
The system has been devised....to keep this from occurring..you cannot get assistance without working a certain number of hours a week and/or going to school...
Not really Mimi. There are some BIG holes in the system.

For example, there seems to be a large percentage of welfare recipients who are single females that get pregnant intentionally as a means to gain Welfare (way of lifers). They repeat the pregnancies once the children become school age where they would have otherwise been required to get a job. And unfortunately, those very children (if female) follow their mother's footsteps. So its generational.

This gross misuse of our tax dollars has been going on FOR YEARS.

The above REAL world example is just ONE of many.

Jo

M
M
I guess we have a different MINDSET.

I have worked in the medical field myself for over 25 years and don't see it the way that you do. There are those that do abuse the welfare system but there are certainly many who do not. There are those on welfare that do work but it still is not enough. There's the problem with the deadbeat dads and some moms..who are the crackheads and winos..who are not helping these women with the care of their children while they work two jobs and can not provide suitable childcare..I could go on and on...there are many who receive assistance that are not shiftless and lazy. I agree, though, that we need to continue to take a look at the system and refine it.

I totally agree with you about the need for care and assistance to the ELDERLY and now THE WAR VETERANS.

I have spent my adulthood in providing CARE for all of these folks....but SEE it much differently than you do JoJo...

I think it's about us having a different MINDSET about it..and that's COOL with me...

We are all different..

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
there seems to be a large percentage of welfare recipients who are single females that get pregnant intentionally as a means to gain Welfare (way of lifers).

You say.."it seems". Where is the proof of this? And when they get the WELFARE, what do they GET? Is it enough to actually feed and clothe these babies? I'm not saying that the amount should be increased. I'm saying that it is JUST ASSISTANCE..not really enough and certainly they should be required to work in order to obtain assistance. That definitely is the requirement NOW.

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
Where is the proof of this?

In the inner cities...places like Philadelphia. The proof is on the streets. Moms with kids from 5 different dads...collecting welfare, hanging out in bars, doing drugs, etc.

M
M
Jo:

Welfare Reform occurred during the Clinton Presidency and Obama has said that he supported this system.

Welfare Reform

M
M
In the inner cities...places like Philadelphia. The proof is on the streets. Moms with kids from 5 different dads...collecting welfare, hanging out in bars, doing drugs, etc.

There are working women...not on welfare..with kids with 5 different dads..there'a a MORAL CRISIS in this society...

M
OP Offline
M
Jo:

Welfare Reform occurred during the Clinton Presidency and Obama has said that he supported this system.

Welfare Reform

Actually, Mimi, When former President Bill Clinton ...ama called it "disturbing."

M
M
Originally Posted by Marshmallow

This is getting kinda fun...debunking all this Republican rhetoric.

When Obama referred to "bankrupting THEM", the them he was referring to was any company that choose to build a NEW plant using all coal power. He was NOT referring to bankrupting the coal industry. There are still plenty of plants, here and around the world currently to keep the coal industry alive and viable for years to come albeit coal plants will be and SHOULD be economically encouraged to invest in clean-coal technology.

It's just that Obama right wants to see NEW PLANTS economically encouraged to invest in alternative sources of energy sooner, rather than later...when it's too late.

Ironically, both parties for YEARS have been promising us they were going to reduce our dependence on foreign oil AND reduce our carbon emissions.

For example...this is from the 2008 Republican Party Platform:

In the long run, American production should move to zero-emission sources, and our nation’s fossil fuel resources are the bridge to that emissions-free future.

I'm just glad to see SOMEBODY [Obama} actually talking about how he'd specifically envision pursuing such American value and belief (stewardship) as opposed to the "all promise...no action" Republicans on this very issue.

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
R
R
You say.."it seems". Where is the proof of this? And when they get the WELFARE, what do they GET? Is it enough to actually feed and clothe these babies? I'm not saying that the amount should be increased. I'm saying that it is JUST ASSISTANCE..not really enough and certainly they should be required to work in order to obtain assistance. That definitely is the requirement NOW.

As MEDC responded, it is all over Mimi. You'd have to be living as a mushroom not to know/see it.

For me alone, I happen to know of 6 instances where the mothers intentionally get pregnant as soon as their youngest turns school age, when Welfare requires them to get a job. These same women's children (some now young adults) are following their mother's lead and getting pregnant so they won't have to work.

They receive:

- Subsidized housing assistance, nearly 100% paid (the more children, the more you get)
- Food stamps
- Welfare checks for each child (welfare attempts to collect CS from the BIO-fathers, if known)
- Free medical and dental

Also as MEDC mentioned, these women spend their evenings in bars and sleep till noon. Again, they are not required to work until their youngest is school age.

There was no REAL Welfare reform, Mimi. It was all on paper, there was no teeth.

Jo

J
J
I'm saying that it is JUST ASSISTANCE..not really enough and certainly they should be required to work in order to obtain assistance. That definitely is the requirement NOW.

Maybe a REQUIREMENT in your state but NOT in MINE....

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
M
M
Maybe a REQUIREMENT in your state but NOT in MINE....

You know, I was just reading that and noticed that it is left up to the states.

I thought it was a NATIONAL requirement.

I think it should be.

M
M
Jo:

I can name many women where that's not the case.

There are many systems that are abused by some..even MANY.. but definitely not ALL.

What about our tax system that is abused by white collar business owners?

R
R
You know, I was just reading that and noticed that it is left up to the states.

I thought it was a NATIONAL requirement.

I think it should be.

Its not in WA State, nor is it in California according to my sister who complains about the Misuse of Welfare (ABUSE OF OUR TAXES) all the time too.

ITS A GLARING PROBLEM.

M
M
The WEALTHY abuses taxes as well.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation