Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
M
Originally Posted by iam
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
psychic powers as in:

No adulterer, F or no F, has ever experienced true remorse over what they did or the pain they caused others. And none ever will. If you think you see remorse, ignore it. It is as fake and as full of self-serving lies as their adultery. Do not ever believe an adulterer or a former adulterer in anything. Period.

No, psychic powers as in yours:

I don't believe it is true simply because I am a former wayward minded person and can smell bullcrap a mile away. I KNOW when they are real.

Those aren't psychic powers, buddy.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

I
iam Offline
I
OK lady. cool

K
K
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
Ah yes. The much touted "piece of paper". You really should read Dr Harley's book "Buyers, Renters and freeloaders" Comparing a renter/buyer or a freeloader/buyer relationships is like comparing apples and eggs.

As easy as it is to divorce in this country, you still put that much stock into a piece of paper?

Funny, you pretend that getting married somehow makes things more permanent. It's not true, nor has it ever been.

If Dr. Harley, or anyone else for that matter, thinks otherwise, they need a reality check. The reason infidelity is so rampant is because marriage doesn't mean nearly as much as most people think it does.

Who ever said God was punishing people? That would be your misinterpretation. I am a "good christian" as is my wife but I never considered God was punishing me.

You brought up the subject of God's commandments being violated. Why else would you even bring it up, except to say that he was getting what he had coming to him?

Well I AM her BS. Duh.

Then either you are a new type of BS that isn't bothered much by infidelity, or your WS has you completely wrapped around her little finger.

Well thanks for displaying your ignorance.

And thank you for minimizing the pain a BS goes through by making the ridiculous assertion that a WS can understand the damaged they've caused.

Divorced
K
K
Originally Posted by Krazy71
Cynical is smart.

There is nothing "smart" about being so cynical so that you paint every WS with the same broad brush as if you have psychic abilities to read their minds.

Why the heck shouldn't I?

When it comes to WS, screw 'em...so to speak.

If you paint them all as full of it, you'll be right more often than not. They've earned being written off as pieces of crap for the remainder of their lives.

The only one I give any leeway to is my wife, and I doubt whether I'm doing the wise thing every day.

Divorced
M
M
If you paint them all as full of it, you'll be right more often than not. They've earned being written off ***EDIT****for the remainder of their lives.

This says much more about YOU ****EDIT***. It bespeaks a horrible lack of ability to forgive. That is a character defect ***EDIT***

Last edited by JustUss; 12/03/08 02:01 PM.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
If you paint them all as full of it, you'll be right more often than not. They've earned being written off as pieces of crap for the remainder of their lives.

This says much more about YOU than it does anyone here. It bespeaks a horrible lack of ability to forgive. That is a character defect of YOURS, Krazy.

I do believe that you just stated that every BS who can't or won't forgive their WS has a character defect.

Or am I the only BS with this "defect"? I thought that every BS was perfectly justfied if they went straight to Plan D...now you're saying it's a sign of a character defect to do so?

I didn't mean that every WS SHOULD be written off, but they sure have earned the right to be written off if their BS decides to take that route...no character flaw necessary.

Last edited by Krazy71; 12/01/08 05:52 PM.

Divorced
M
M
I didn't mean that every WS SHOULD be written off, but they sure have earned the right to be written off if their BS decides to take that route...no character flaw necessary.

bullcrap, here are your words:

The refusal to forgive the repentent is a CHARACTER DEFECT.

Exposure 101

K
K

So, then, if your WS is repentant, you either forgive them or you have this awful character defect. Nice.

It sounds like you bought into some industrial-strength gaslighting hook, line, and sinker.

You're kidding, right?

Divorced
M
M
are we talking FWS here or WS??? IMHO, WS are all excrement and deserve no consideration. FWS...those that are truly repentant deserve our respect and forgiveness.

B
B
As easy as it is to divorce in this country, you still put that much stock into a piece of paper?

That "piece of paper" completely changes the dynamics of the relationship.

Funny, you pretend that getting married somehow makes things more permanent. It's not true, nor has it ever been.

It does make things more permanent and always has. (See I can make unsubstantiated blanket assertions too smile )

If Dr. Harley, or anyone else for that matter, thinks otherwise, they need a reality check. The reason infidelity is so rampant is because marriage doesn't mean nearly as much as most people think it does.

Thanks but I'll take Dr Harleys experience as a clinical psychologist over your opinions any day.

You brought up the subject of God's commandments being violated. Why else would you even bring it up, except to say that he was getting what he had coming to him?

I brought it up because a man reaps what he sows and IGNORING God's commandments has consequences. If I plant an apple seed, I will expect to grow an apple tree.

Then either you are a new type of BS that isn't bothered much by infidelity, or your WS has you completely wrapped around her little finger.

rotflmao

And thank you for minimizing the pain a BS goes through by making the ridiculous assertion that a WS can understand the damaged they've caused.

I am WELL and painfully aware of the pain a BS experiences. I also know the pain a WS who is repentant experiences.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M

So, then, if your WS is repentant, you either forgive them or you have this awful character defect. Nice.

YEP. This denotes a CHARACTER FLAW in you, not them.

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by medc
are we talking FWS here or WS??? IMHO, WS are all excrement and deserve no consideration. FWS...those that are truly repentant deserve our respect and forgiveness.

AGREE

Exposure 101

K
K
those that are truly repentant deserve our respect and forgiveness.

That's where we disagree. They don't deserve anything. If the BS decides to bestow such a gift upon them, they should thank their lucky stars.

Divorced
B
B

I totally agree. We are talking FWS.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
K
K
I don't know why you are so eager to defend FWSs, but we'll have to agree to disagree.

Divorced
J
J
Ya know Krazy,

First marriage is NOT just a piece of paper.
Second most marriages that are affected by affairs continue. THus suggesting that to both parties marriage is more than a piece of paper.

Finally, if you don't believe people can learn and grow from their mistakes, I feel sorry for any of your friends, because it would seem you will dump them if they ever mess up and will constantly hold whatever their mess up is against them.

You have been hurt by your W's failures. Many here have been hurt by those they love, but it does not give the BS the right to make global sweeping judgements of people they have never met, or have only met via a website.

It is said that stress/pressure/pain does not make character, it reveals character. What do you see revealed to you when you look in the mirror and see the things you have done, and said to your W, and on this site?

People do grow, they do learn, they do evolve, if they didn't and most people didn't realize this "fact", most would not survive the first time they dirtied they diaper.

Please think about this.

God Bless,

JL

M
M
those that are truly repentant deserve our respect and forgiveness.

That's where we disagree. They don't deserve anything. If the BS decides to bestow such a gift upon them, they should thank their lucky stars.

I don't totally reject your idea...see, as a non-Christian you are not commanded to forgive....we are. Forgiving does not equal deciding to stay with the FWS.

edited to add "non"

Last edited by medc; 12/01/08 07:30 PM.
K
K

YEP. This denotes a CHARACTER FLAW in you, not them.

I'm sorry, but that's a completely false statement.

If you were gang-raped nearly to death, and the rapists became repentant a year later, would you forgive them, or would you let your "character flaw" shine through?

Let me guess...you'd forgive them. Riiiight. wink

Divorced
B
B
Originally Posted by Just Learning
Ya know Krazy,

Second most marriages that are affected by affairs continue. THus suggesting that to both parties marriage is more than a piece of paper.

Finally, if you don't believe people can learn and grow from their mistakes, I feel sorry for any of your friends, because it would seem you will dump them if they ever mess up and will constantly hold whatever their mess up is against them.

You have been hurt by your W's failures. Many here have been hurt by those they love, but it does not give the BS the right to make global sweeping judgements of people they have never met, or have only met via a website.

It is said that stress/pressure/pain does not make character, it reveals character. What do you see revealed to you when you look in the mirror and see the things you have done, and said to your W, and on this site?

People do grow, they do learn, they do evolve, if they didn't and most people didn't realize this "fact", most would not survive the first time they dirtied they diaper.

Please think about this.

God Bless,

JL

Awesome post JL.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
K
K
Originally Posted by Just Learning
Ya know Krazy,

Please think about this.

God Bless,

JL

So, the BS has a MANDATE to forgive a repentent FWS, or they have a serious character flaw.

Hmm. You learn something every day.

All this time I thought there was no set timeline for a BS to heal, forgive, etc.

Now I find out that when I didn't forgive my FWW the day she became repentant, I began displaying a character flaw.

Divorced
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 309 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation