Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 39 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 38 39
S
S
You know, I really look forward to "booka"'s posts... it is entertaining reading. I go to a "local hangout" quite frequently with one of my best friends, and I have had a lot of fun doing that.

I like to read the DETAILS of peoples adventures, whether they be mundane, or not. I always like them.

So, daybreak, trulyhappytobe and Cinderella, I appreciate your "booka" style posts! LOL!

I hope you all have a Great New Year! I will be working when the year changes... sigh!
:happynewyear:

Last edited by Sadmo; 12/31/08 12:41 AM.
D
OP Offline
D
We love booka and his posts, one of the first things I do Monday mornings is jump online during detention!!!!

Dawn

Your right long hang outs are fun places to watch people. My girlfriends and I have our own names for most of the people. there is white socks, dance girl, blondie, tease, the dancer, we just watch and give them names that seem to fit. innocent fun

C
C
Originally Posted by Sadmo
So, daybreak, trulyhappytobe and Cinderella, I appreciate your "booka" style posts! LOL!

Good think you have no idea how silly I felt putting all that stuff in there.

I really wish I'd made some pictures of Zoe in the yarn shop. You've never seen a dog be so good. We stopped by there Sunday, a day the shop is usually closed, and she stood in the middle of the shop, looking at the door, waiting for the customers.

T
T
I LOVE Booka's and similar posts! I'd write them myself except nothing ever happens to me. So it's crucial that I can live vicariously through you guys!

No plans for New Year's yet but it's only 11:10 am and last year's plans weren't made until after 7:00 pm so there's still time.

Happy New Year Everyone!

B
B
Originally Posted by cinderella
Good think you have no idea how silly I felt putting all that stuff in there.

I am an information junkie and live for detail. More, more, more!

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
booka #2185158 12/31/08 06:23 PM
B
B
Nothing big for tonight, I have been invited to a party but really don't want to drive anywhere, which is the consensus opinion of a lot of people that I know. Chances are that unless something goes on in the neighborhood that I'll keep a very low profile at home and resort to my usual vices while watching movies. I plan on a reasonable bed time tonight.

Tomorrow I'll do something I rarely do and cook a breakfast. I have sort of a date in the afternoon, not sure what to call this one and will know more of course as it occurs. I have Friday off as part of my normal every-other-Friday-off work schedule and might do a spot of shopping. No real plans for the weekend, but you know that I can be resourceful.

Have a safe an enjoyable New Year's celebration and I'll have a report for you on Monday. In retrospect, 2008 has been one of the best years of my life, but I still have room for improvement in many area and new goals for the new year. Bless you all!

W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
booka #2185232 12/31/08 09:44 PM
P
P
I got off work at 3:00 and was headed home.

I dropped by the grocery store to get a bottle of bubbly and noticed on the way out the cashier that usually checks me out walking instead of driving home. Really nice older lady.

It's kinda cold and windy today so I asked her if she needed a ride and where was her car. She accepted the ride and it turns out she lives up the street from me around 6 miles away from the store. Her daughter had dropped her off to work, but wouldn't be able to get her. She said something was wrong with her car, but can't afford to repair it.

I told her I'd have a look at it when I dropped her off.

I looked it over and it definitely was really sick, but nothing a really good tune up couldn't remedy along with a throttle position sensor.

I went up the street and bought all the parts and swung by my house and got my tool box from when I had my old truck on life support constantly.

I started on her car and didn't stop until it ran like new again.

She tried to pay me and of course I refused.

Now I don't feel so bad about this new found wealth, but I still miss all the things I did for my family. Keeping the vehicles going was one of the duties I enjoyed.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
A
A
Pariah,

The world needs more good people like you! And as you have learned...good people get good rewards! Keep paying it forward...it's your calling!

P.S. I have a car that needs stuts if you ever come to Pennsylvania and get the itch to work on a car....hahahaha grin

Hugs!
Ronda

Last edited by AllurinGreenEyes; 12/31/08 10:03 PM. Reason: to add a smarta** P.S. :grin:

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
C
C
Today, I left work early and enjoyed the clear afternoon as I walked the half mile to my car. The parking lot was not densely populated due to the holiday. I drove to the ENT's office, arriving early so that I could, hopefully, get out early.

The doctor was very nice and listened. He heard some comments that I have had trouble getting people to listen to - primarily, that my left ear began feeling different after the wreck in March. He seems to think I need to see a neurosurgeon about that. Well, fortunately (or unfortunately) I have one of those. He has not ever done anything but look at MRIs and refer me to PT. So, I guess I need to go see him again.

The news was mixed - - - the bad news being that I do have some hearing loss. The good news being that he doesn't think it is severe enough to need 'hearing devices' yet - maybe 4-5 years. He thinks another assessment in 2 years or so would be appropriate.

This is much better than the other ENT's visit. dance2

After leaving the office at about 2:30, I decided I did have time to take in a football game. So, I went to the nearest store that might have the items I needed (extra gloves, a cap, a blanket, and sunglasses). Then, I headed to the stadium where I finally found a ticket window open and bought my ticket. Did she sell me a ticket on the sunny side? NO!!! mad

So, I walked 1/4 of the way around the stadium, again, and got in. I got a brat and a cup of coffee.....but they had no lids and no protective things so you wouldn't melt or scald your hands so I demanded (and got) a refund. Condiments for the brat were not adequate. (Remind me not to go to another game there.) Then, I hiked the millions of ramps to get up to the nosebleed seats where I saw that there were plenty of tickets on the sunny side..... mad I didn't even bother hunting for my assigned seat - there were so many vacant that there was no need.

I got tired of the yelling of the men behind me so I moved. I got tired of a man in front of me standing up so much, so I moved. I was truly glad I bought the extra warm things....it was cold and windy.

The teams were equally matched. The home team, playing in their first bowl game in 26 years, won. The last football game I attended with my father was their last bowl game so I went today for him....he died about 24 years ago.

Then I had to hike back to my car.....several blocks to the bridge, over the bridge.....around courthouse square....then 7 more blocks to my car. It was dark by then and i was alone so I called The Diplomat and talked to him as I walked.

After that, I went to the grocery store where I bought what I need for tomorrow's dinner.....hopping john and cajun boil. I took way too long for the small amount I bought but this is a store at which I don't often shop. Why did my two favorite grocery stores close? If I live a few more weeks, I'll have a Publix and then things will be somewhat better.

I am now home for the evening....just the fur babies and me....and I'm too tired to cook my salmon. Is it too early for bed?

Last edited by cinderella; 12/31/08 10:08 PM. Reason: to add the seasonal greeting! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
A
A
Daughter and I watched Mama Mia for the umpteenth million time. Now she is "styling my hair" while I surf the web. She's cracking up so I'm sure I look the best I ever have! My son is at my brother's house with my nephews watching football and endulging in some male bonding I'm sure!

One of my employees gave me a bottle of blueberry wine...but being a non wine drinker...I have not got a corkscrew. We tried the ole screw in cork and pull trick...but it didn't work. So I think I'll just have an old fashion Amaretto and cream to ring in the New Year.

Bought a pork roast, sauerkraut, and taters for dinner tomorrow.

So hard to believe another year has passed. Time just seems to speed up more and more the older I get. How does this phenomenon happen?!?!

Much love to all my friends here!
Ronda

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
D
OP Offline
D
I just can't write in the "booka style", sorry!!!

I am stuck in the computer room, as Tes is having a party for New Years Eve, and I had one parent that was adamant about me being here the entire time!!!! So I am in the house, these are good kids, I don't see them in detention or ISS!!!!

I created a facebook page but don't know how to link it like yours Ronda any help would be appreciated.

Dawn

C
C
Writing Booka-style is exhausting! faint

S
S

I worked last night... which was ok, since my boss has been breathing down my neck. All went well. Before I left a man that I used to have a HUGGGGEEEE (very BIG!) crush on, stopped by because he saw my car and wanted to wish me a happy new year! That MADE my day, as I have recently decided to stop talking to all of the men that I had been talking to.

I worked until 9, had an hour drive home, and here I am, after a LONG soak in the tub!

I am actually kind of glad that I WAS working! The people that I am closest to did NOT have good N.Y.E. celebrations, and since I stopped seeing the one guy that I was seeing, it kind of took the pressure off to "have fun".

Instead, I was the "BOSS FROM HELL!" Lol, not really, but I was where I needed to be, when I was needed to be there.

Off to bed I go!

Sadmo #2185871 01/02/09 12:49 PM
C
C
What are your hobbies?

Inquiring minds want to know......

Actually, I'm considering proposing a 'themed get-together'.

D
OP Offline
D
cin,
bowling and crafting are my hobbies!

Tonight I am spending time with grandson # 3. We baked ginger cookies and peanut butter cookies.

Tomorrow-normal Saturday stuff plus it's the 1st Sat of the month so have 9 pin tournament that I host tomorrow night. And then the girls and I are going out with the jar of quarters that Kevin's mom sent me for christmas!!!

Dawn

C
C
Dawn, get over there and post it - if you haven't already....and, can you be more precise with the 'crafting' idea - that could be anything from fly-tying to paper making.

B
B
As usual, my normal disclaimer applies that is only a crude summary of my many adventures, and that the names have not been changed to protect the innocent.

Wednesday, NYE (New Year’s Eve), I had one invitation to a party, which I declined, because of the drive involved. I went to Wally World after work searching for some dinner ideas and ended up with a take-and-bake pizza for NYE and shrimp and a salad for NYD (New Year’s Day). I went home, cooked and ate pizza while watching “WALL*E”, which was good, but not Oscar-quality in my estimation. Now I am a film-snob and am qualified to make such statements. I should also note that in general I avoid all animated features as a genre as a general rule, I don’t care for it other than the absolute cream of the crop. I in general prefer live-action dramas with open and unhappy endings. Analyze that! Bourbon was the drink of choice for the evening and after all was said and done, I hit the hay at 22:45.

Thursday I awoke at 08:30 refreshed and ready to go. I commenced on a very intense house-cleaning jag fueled by multiple espressos. I even washed windows! I then had a very long phone call with my favorite person in New York state and we both nearly ran our phones dead. I then called Sherry, who had mentioned previously would be available NYD for a meet-up. For a little background, we met on Yahoo personals and have been corresponding in one fashion or another since the summer of 2008. We have met up once about a month or so again and really hit it off, but at that time and presumably at the present I dating someone else. We made arrangements to meet at 17:00 at a pool hall in St. Charles and she was right on time in contrast to our first meeting where she was quite late. I’ll state a personal preference for being very on time and often early and would deprecate the worth of someone who could not correspond to that standard, which was a concern of mine for this second meeting. I dressed nicely in cords, non-tennis shoes, and one of my $8.00 sport coats, the Brooks Brothers model. Sherry was dressed a bit more casually but ha on a killer pair of jeans. Now it should not b sexist of me to admit that billiards represents an equal opportunity to check out a partner’s anatomy in a rather close examination. I recommend playing pool just on that fact alone, although I find the game enjoyable, it may represent a non-normal activity, and there can be stakes involved, use you imagination for the last! We meet with a hug and I held her hand as we walked and picked out a table. This particular venue is the largest pool hall/bar/restaurant that I’m aware of in the area, so there were plenty of table to choose from. We each got a drink and then Sherry proceeded to show me that I’m not that great at pool over the course of about 10-games. We played 12-13 in total and I began to win at the end. Of course, there was much conversation, banter, playfulness, is short, pretty much all of the stuff you would expect on a date. We have great rapport and there is a physical attraction. There are also from my viewpoint some complications, the boyfriend being just one of them. I can enumerate them if you desire, but my normal readers have an idea of my standards. Suffice it to say that at this point in time, if Sherry was unencumbered by the boyfriend, I feel that we could have a dating relationship. It would not be an end-game relationship. I told her that the time we spent together that evening was the best time I’ve had with a woman in a long time. We went to a nearby Buffalo Wild Wings for a quick bite afterward. We basically split the bill on everything for the evening. There was one interesting moment during the pool session where I put on some lip balm and she noticed what I was doing and in turn put lipstick on. I had some hopes at that time of something more than a hug, but we left it just as we started with a friendly hug. I’m not really sure how to define our relationship; we are friends, but it that all we are? I don’t know. I did enjoy the evening and headed home for some more movie adventure and a relatively reasonable bed time.

Friday I got up about 08:30 or so and did the usual around the house and then finally emerging late morning for a run to Costco, which is in St. Peters and maybe 10-miles from my house. I have a Sam’s membership as well, but that’s several more miles down the road in the ex-town, and frankly even now I don’t like going to the ex-town (I made an exception for Sherry) and feel that the Costco is so much closer. I love shopping there and was there at least 90-minutes and came out with a cart-full. I debated several fast-food places for lunch on an alternate route home, then stopped at one of the Big-3 grocery chains and had a look around at a few things and left with nothing. I then zipped home, unloaded the bounty, and amongst them was a fresh-food version of chicken noodle soup from Costco using their rotisserie chicken. I had paused at purchase before on this item as I though it rather expensive for soup, at around $10.00 for what looks like 2-quarts. I heated up a good sized portion of this and it was amongst the best soup I ever had. I ended up getting 3-lunches out of it, which at $3.33 per serving is still cheaper than going out. Many things are cheaper than going out and I find myself eating out these days just for special occasions or when I get burned out with my normal luncheon routine, which happens maybe twice a year. The weather was tolerable outside so I spent the rest of the afternoon outside washing the driveway, talking to neighbors, performing miscellaneous tasks, and starting up both my lawnmower and generator. There were a few stogies involved, a beer or two, and this lasted until dark, when I packed up and headed inside. I started “Oh Brother Where Art Thou” and had a chef’s salad from Wally World as dinner. About 19:30 I got antsy and was awaiting a call from my best friend Chris who was out and about with our mutual friend Bob. The 3 of us grew up together from our late teens until today; we all are pretty similar in many respects, including being divorced dads. So I headed up to The Dog for what I of course call friends and family night, which includes karaoke. The karaoke portion got of to a rough start and then improved as the night went along. I ended sitting at my own table and out of complete surprise Chris walks in and we had 90-minutes or so together for beer and conversation. He later commented on how integrated I am with the scene at The Dog. I introduced Chris to several of my St. Paul friends and received a very nice compliment from one of them who told Chris that I was a great guy. I do try to be that very thing as often as I can. Chris left and I received a call from Denny, who is my neighbor Mike’s cousin, and he asked where I was (the obvious place, of course) and said he was on his way. He arrived with Mike and Gen and they sat at my table and we had a very nice time together. My friend Rob came in out of the blue and purchased a case of beer to go and he reported that he was headed for Tim’s house. I left The Dog about 00:30, dropped the car home, picked up a copy of the letter that the city wrote to the subdivision about our lack of snow removal for th4e season., and I traipsed up to Tim’s where a bunch were gathered around the tabled playing cards. I handed Tim the letter and he passed it around and we had more discussion on this matter, which I don’t have the time to devote to describing the whole scene concerning the subdivision in total, but suspect many people in the country are in the same situation as we are in a partially completed subdivision with private streets (not yet dedicated to the city) with a builder who is for all practical purposes broke and a homeowner’s organization that solely benefits the builder at this point. Many words have been spoken. I should add that at this point I was invited to dinner the next evening with the whole group, which I accepted. I was in bed by 01:00.

I awoke Saturday at about 10:30 and did the usual around the house before heading out to Target, where I purchased 2 Japanese-style floor lamps that were on sale for $20.00 a piece. I had a nice spin around Target, then stopped at a nearby Kohl’s and ended up with a black pair of shoes, fairly formal. Then to a nearby Chipotle for a fajita burrito. Soapbox time, rice does not a burrito make. I can live with some beans on a burrito, but in general prefer the rice and the beans on the side. I was underwhelmed by the dining experience there other than for 2 things, a married blonde who was literally staring and smiling at me the whole lunch, and the décor of the restaurant, which was right up my alley. There was no discernable difference between Chipotle and Qdoba when it comes to food, which was disappointing. From there it was onto Lowe’s for 2 extension cords for the lamps, 6 20-watt CFL bulbs (75 watt equivalent), and a 16x25x4 air filter for the furnace. When I moved into the house, one of the first things I had installed was a humidifier and a 4” air cleaner. Chris always says how little dust there is in my house and I credit the air filter for most of the work. I then went to Goodwill and picked up two more sport coats, one being a Nautica in my color scheme, these 2 for $23.00. I felt great about that price after looking at a single sports coat at Kohl’s that was $69.00. I stopped at another of the Big-3 grocery chains for a bottle of Marsala wine and some hamburger buns. I had looked at Lowe’s for a small lamp for my breakfast bar area and did not see anything interesting; o my last shopping stop for the day was at a lighting store. I walked in and was horrified to see nothing contemporary. If I see something that has flowers in the pattern, I shudder. I kept browsing and moving to a slightly different level revealed the entire contemporary and modern lines. I’ll say this, I have good taste and it manifests itself this way, I will see something that I immediately like, something that stands out form the rest, and it will inevitably be the most expensive. So after buying lamps at Target for $20.00 per, I’m drawn to the absolute perfect lamp for my needs, a George Kovacs lamp that retails for $210.00. I have never in my life spent that much on a lamp before. I should this was not the most expensive light in the GK collection and there were several other pieces that were simply fabulous. Yes, you are hearing this from a red-blooded heterosexual male; I was entranced by the GK designer line of lamps and spent some moments in awe of the designs and the prices. Both reality and depression returned me to my more normal value-oriented self, and I decided not to get the perfect lamp and to just think about for a while. I went home and put my $20.00 lamps together out in the garage. They are on each end of my sectional, one did not require an extensive cord and one required a straight plug version of a cord, when instead I had purchased flat plug versions at Lowe’s. This is due to an outlet that is recessed into the floor. So for now I used one of the purchased cords to an inconvenient outlet until I get the different version of the cord, possibly tonight. I called Tim and reconfirmed the plans and then started ironing the new CK pants and shirt that I had purchased at Costco. I left at about 18:30 to drive to O’Fallon and Ethyl’s for dinner. The rest of the gang arrived slightly after me. Ethyl’s takes no reservations we had a party of 12, and after one false start we were finally seated. I’ll try to give you the list:

Tim, Jen, and Tim’s DD Whitney
Ryan and Jen2 (Tim’s brother an SIL)
Tony and Laura
Justin and Leslie
Myself (all above are neighbors)
Rob and Jamie

I sat next to Jamie on an end with Ryan across from me. After some interesting and very indirect conversation, Jamie announced that she was pregnant and actually ordered some meat for dinner. We had a very good dinner and it’s great to do this for birthdays, I think that Laura is next sometime in February and has already expressed her restaurant preference. After a time-consuming dining experience, it was about 21:15 and I begged my leave to make the first set of the band at The Dog, and they all laughed that I knew the set schedule. I said my goodbyes and left. Two other notes, the day was foggy all day and it got much worse at night, and I was dressed to the nines, with black twill pants, the new black shoes, black socks, black underwear even, with a grey shirt with white vertical stripes, and my grey suit coat jacket from my first time at Goodwill. I drove through some very stern god near the river and in places you couldn’t see 20-feet on the ground but could look up and see the moon and stars. I was very careful on the trip there, about 20-minutes from Ethyl’s. I strolled in before the end of the first set and said hello to many in attendance. There were no barstools available so I hung around the opposite corner of the bar where there was a good sightline. I settled in an immediately recalled the band from last year, a 3-piece called Big House, and all 3 play barefoot. This is when a very interesting thing happened and I’ll afford the opportunity at this point to introduce a paragraph break and some background.

The Dog has a side audience on Saturday band nights. There are groups of 20-somethings on up. I usually have no truck with the 20-somethings unless I already know some of the males and occasionally some of the females that are attached to the males. I don’t generally approach the 20-somethings I don’t know. I will occasionally say hello to one if they come to the bar. I figure in general for me, other than dancing, a 20-something is not going to be much more interested in a 40-something like me. I am not afraid to approach a 20-something female; I just don’t see the percentage in it. You could say that there’s some segregation by generation. It might seem unseemly to dabble in other generational pools. So there has been one there in particular that I have admired from a distance for some time now. She came often enough in the past that I recognized her. She travels in a pack of two Amazon-type friends, both of which might be related as they look something like each other, the one, Sara, being as tall as me (6’2”) and quite a bit heavier with a larger frame. I would not want to throw down with either Sara of the other slightly smaller Holly. They are like the security team for the flower in their bunch, Jenny. Before I knew her name I just referred to her as The Angel. I don’t know if I can do this justice in this format, but Jenny is very attractive with super-nice long blonde hair, not curly, but with large curls. Not what I would term skinny, but with awesome curves. So I’ve seen her on the dance floor a few times flanked by the Amazon twins, who frankly would scare away most any man, without the twins having any reputation, just by the sheer size of them. I had never had eye contact with any of them or spoken a word with either 3. So I’m holding down my corner of the bar and Jenny sidles up for a beer. As you will see, I misjudged her entirely, considering her a vapid self-centered empty-headed blonde. To my credit, I’ve seen many of them and will get the prediction right 99% of the time. I blew it this time, which does cause one to reevaluate their methodologies. I opened with some observational humor and was then graced with the full attentions of an angel for the next 30-40 minutes in a wide-ranging conversation. I introduced myself, she told me her name, and she’s a GI nurse at a metro hospital and later made a very funny joke with Holly, who is a dental technician, about swapping teeth-whitening for a GI exam. I asked Jenny if she worked in the endoscopy suite (not only can I spell it, I can pronounce it!) and she seemed a little surprise that I had intuited that and said yes, which entails a few jokes in and of itself. Now I have stated for the record many times that both teachers and nurses have a special place in my heart, and I told Jenny that I like nurses. It turns out that she was not vapid at all, favors the acoustic period of Bob Dylan, cited specific detailed references to Dylan songs, and even sang a bit of one, quite well I might add. So I did not have the prototypical empty-headed blonde on my hands at all and I found myself enjoying the conversation greatly. I was surprised, and pleasantly at that. So the Amazon twins are involved in their own intense conversation, and I inquire with Jenny about that, and it’s one of their running buddies who is not with them this evening and they are unloading on her. This prompted a very frank an interesting discussion on what women discuss with men and what women discuss with women. Jenny had and amusing discussion on who women are more competitive with each other than men are, which is something I’ve posited on mine own before. She then asked about me, pegged my age group, yet kept going, eventually bringing up of all things politics. They wanted to play pool and the conversation ended at that point. Evidentially the Amazon twins had exhausted their session on their non-present friend. So I floated on air for a few minutes, knowing that people are always watching, and frankly it does not hurt my reputation to be seen in active discussion with a very beautiful (and smart) girl. Jenny and the twins finally left and we said goodbye to each other and I asked her to be careful. Thinking back on the experience, it was one of the most equal conversations I’ve had with a woman where there was an almost equal give and take in the Q&A. Uncharacteristically she asked me a lot about my job, etc. As and aside, she lives in St. Charles.

Let’s be real. Do I float on air the rest of the week in anticipation of running into her randomly at The Dog? No. I’ll put this down as a fine way to spend time with an attractive young lady, and if it happens again, it’s just gravy. I can’t have expectations of anything else. I must remain emotionally mature, and with a little snicker to show you I have the right mindset, realistic. Maybe a little fantasy on the side for my own amusement. So we’re back to the band which was fantastic and a reminder of what 3-people can do in a band, particularly if they all sing. They had friends there from another band that played earlier in the season, Smack Dab, and during one of the band breaks, the Smack Dab guys did a set which was very nice, more music for our beer dollars. Jo Ellen books the bands and always does a great job. This year seems to be exceptional and I am hearing songs I’ve never heard played at The Dog before, including some of my favorites, such as “Flagpole Sitta” by Harvey Danger and “Possum Kingdom” by The Toadies. There were some interesting observations of certain well-known persons’ behaviors which sometimes run to the excessive. At the time that I arrive, I found some outside (people pop outside all of the time and I can imagine what they do out there) and in this case observed some consumption of Crown Royal in the parking lot. Note that The Dog serves only beer and wine. Anyway, the usual hijinks went on by the usual suspects and before I knew it, it was closing time. I got home a little after 01:00, turned on “O Brother”, had a cocktail, finished the film and toddled off to bed at about 02:00.

I awoke about 09:30 Sunday and the temperature had dropped significantly, making the walk to the driveway in my bathrobe a bracing experience when fetching the paper. I read the paper, did some minor housework (my bed is almost always made, I live in fear that I’ll accidentally bump into my dream woman who will want me to take her to my place and we’ll pop inside and my bed won’t be made and she’ll walk out of the door just for that reason, I failed her test, and she was rich and beautiful to boot, major bummer, life goes on, yada yada!), listened of course to my favorite radio show playing one of my all time and ungettable songs, Paice, Ashton, and Lord’s “Remember the Good time”, and then gathered up my possibles, which includes my vice kit (portable humidor, cigars, lighter/punch, cutter, etc.) and headed to Chris’ house, stopping on the way at one of the Big-3 for some limes, Coronas, French fries, and few odds and ends and met Chris at this house. Do you have a friend that knows your worst moments, your deepest darkest secrets, whom you can talk intimately about your financial affairs, someone who is well-versed in what it’s like to be a divorced man protecting his assets, even most divorce, from a self-serving XW. I appreciate his insight because I’m in the same boat. There was much discussion much beer, I made pulled-pork sandwiches with crispy French fries, we watched a ZZ Top concert DVD and then a TV show and just as “Desperate Housewives” came on, I said goodbye, came home, had a cigar while all bundled up outside, came in and went to bed about 21:00.

One more item, the $20.00 lamps. I bought the daylight-colored CFLs and each lamp hold three. I left both one Saturday night and the main drag of the subdivision goes by the backside of my house. When I go to dinner, several people asked what was going on at my house because the lamps really throw out some light, very, very white. It was a very humorous discussion and I had to repeat the same story about the lamps several times.

I can’t say that I was actually bored the whole period between Wednesday night and Sunday night. I should add that I had a very long phone call with my DD15 Wednesday and that she called me.

2008 was one of the best years of my life and affording me great opportunities to learn and grow. Old dogs can learn new tricks. I have some new goals for 2009 and am ready for some new things in my life. I rock.

P
P
Oh great.

The woman that I fixed her car wants to fix me up with her divorced 33yo daughter.

B
B
Darn the luck!

P
P
My moral compass is really damaged and I'll only use her for entertainment I'm afraid.

To my understanding, that's all she wants also.

Moral dilemma. I have a GF and I know that I'll be the despicable person that I've turned into.

I have to stay away.

Page 31 of 39 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 629 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation