Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
P
Originally Posted by mom2redheads
Does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not I start Plan A AGAIN or if I go straight to Plan B now?

Because you've been dealing with this for almost a year - I'd say another 2 weeks of AWESOME plan A

no love busting
being the most desirable wife any man could ask for

and then (without warning of any kind) bust this chit wide open with nuclear exposure
he moves out

he's got to experience what losing you will be like

M
OP Offline
M
OK, great suggestions but I have a few more questions if you all don't mind...

1. WH has agreed to things that I have laid out as conditions - polygraph, NC letter, complete transparency, STD testing, additional IC for him (he already goes but rarely). Do I make him do these things while in Plan A? If he does them all do I still do Plan B?

2. Is sex necessary during Plan A. I really would prefer not to, but it doesn't seem like Plan A would be effective without it.

Thanks, guys. I'm getting stronger by the post.

Me - BS - 31
Husband - WS - 35
OW - 35
DSS - 15
DS - 6
DS - 3
R
R
M2RHs,

Why aren't you coaching with the Harleys? Since your husband has agreed to all those conditions, I say set him up for an appointment with Steve Harley, and then one for yourself after.

Steve (or Jenn) can assess the situation and lay out a solid plan to follow.

It's well worth the $$. And I think you're at a pivotal place where the Harley's can tell you what to do next.

Here's the Coaching Center Link: CLICK HERE

Call toll-free 1 (888) 639-1639

Jo

M
OP Offline
M
So I asked WH about Harley's counseling and he said he would be happy to look into it as a counseling option or maybe the weekend thing, but shortly after that the conversation deteriorated quickly and then a kid got sick so that's all the further we got.

UPDATE: I called WH ex-wife (mother of first child) this morning and asked why their marriage ended. Yes, it was mostly because he was out partying all the time, leaving her with a little baby, as he told me. But ..... drumroll please ...... she's pretty sure he was cheating on her. No proof, but she decided not to stick around to even find out. She said that in retrospect she wouldn't have left him but tried to work it out and that she beat herself up over that for years afterward. She said she was very young and it never occurred to her that it could have been fixed. But the fact that he's still doing it I think gave her new revelations on that.

I'm beginning to think that WH isn't capable of being faithful. I think it's an inherent character flaw. Maybe he thinks he's entitled or something. His father committed suicide when WH was 9 years old and I do believe that it had to do with adultry (from family gossip) but WH and MIL have never told me that for sure.

I'm getting to a point where I'm a lot more at peace with the idea of divorce.

Me - BS - 31
Husband - WS - 35
OW - 35
DSS - 15
DS - 6
DS - 3
D
D
His father committed suicide when WH was 9 years old and I do believe that it had to do with adultry

Okay....but my bio-dad did the same thing and I don't feel entitled to drop trou when I please.

IMO, that's an excuse...a crutch...his easy "out."

I'm with Pep. Two weeks.

HE has to make the appointments and keep them.

HE does the footwork necessary for you to stay.

I'm getting to a point where I'm a lot more at peace with the idea of divorce.

Whatever you decide is best for you and your littles, we are behind you 100%.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
P
P
I'm beginning to think that WH isn't capable of being faithful.

Of course he's capable. He's making choices of dishonesty and unfaithfulness.

M
M
Two weeks of the best Plan A anywhere. Then, out he goes. That will give you the best chance. There can be NO long term cake eating. That was the right advice. He has two weeks to end the cake eating sessions.

As for your question regarding sex, there are two ways to handle this,

1. You can politely refuse his advances by simply saying something like, “I don’t think we should do this right now, all this business is so confusing; how about I make you a nice cup of coffee and a Rubin.”

Or

2. Put on your cowboy boots (nothing else) and go to the rodeo. When you’re done, look him in the eye with a smile and say, “Wow, I really needed that.”

Mr. G

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows," Bob Dylan
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodstuff
Two weeks of the best Plan A anywhere. Then, out he goes. That will give you the best chance. There can be NO long term cake eating. That was the right advice. He has two weeks to end the cake eating sessions.

As for your question regarding sex, there are two ways to handle this,

1. You can politely refuse his advances by simply saying something like, “I don’t think we should do this right now, all this business is so confusing; how about I make you a nice cup of coffee and a Rubin.”

Or

2. Put on your cowboy boots (nothing else) and go to the rodeo. When you’re done, look him in the eye with a smile and say, “Wow, I really needed that.”

Mr. G

rotflmao

So I can't just say - "How about we just cuddle instead?" Guys don't like that, huh?

Me - BS - 31
Husband - WS - 35
OW - 35
DSS - 15
DS - 6
DS - 3
D
D
LOL!

Like in the movie "Click" when the wife says, "I could go for a backrub" and the hubby says, "Goodnight then."

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
M
M
How about we just cuddle instead?" Guys don't like that, huh?

Perhaps, but first you will need to explain to me what a "cuddle" is. grin

I'm only kidding, I know what a "cuddle" is, it's a fish something like a squid, you know "cuddle fish". grin

Mr. G

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows," Bob Dylan
D
D
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodstuff
How about we just cuddle instead?" Guys don't like that, huh?

Perhaps, but first you will need to explain to me what a "cuddle" is. grin

I'm only kidding, I know what a "cuddle" is, it's a fish something like a squid, you know "cuddle fish". grin

Mr. G

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

My Story

Recovered!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation